chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyThu 02 Oct 2008, 9:19 pm

Hi Nursebetty and welcome to the forum
Not sure why you're having second thoughtts, as it sounds like you're doing great!
I guess it's too late now, though - it's done, and can't be undone. But I'm sure you'll feel better about it as you see the weight continue to fall off.
Best wishes
Chris
Back to top Go down
nursebetty

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Hi 3 weeks post lap sleeve gastrectomy   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyThu 02 Oct 2008, 8:59 am

Hi
Yes three weeks since the operation. Learning how much I can tollerate-have notice a weird sensation. When I am full I get a tingling sensation in my nose- I almost feel like sneezing but dont does anyone else experience this. Anyway I got to 118kg's and couldnt stand myself anymore. Investigated lap banding and found sleeve surgery more to my liking as I live in the country and didnt have to have the follow up as in lap banding, also issues like malabsorption and the types and amount of food that could be tollerated. So now three weeks post I have begun regular walking Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney 369315 and joined curves and I am now down to 102kg's-which is good as I have been having second thoughts and wondering what I have done to myself. :[img]http://sm . Here's to the future
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 11:37 am

Hi Jodes,

Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow.

steph
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 12:25 am

Aw, gee, Hayley - like I just said on another thread - you're such a sweety!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptySun 24 Aug 2008, 9:47 pm

I bet the pair of you already look gorgeous anyways!!
Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney 120705
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptySun 24 Aug 2008, 9:32 pm

Oh, Jodes, I'm a long way from looking gorgeous, luvvy!
Let's not worry about how we look, and just get together if we feel like - we don't have to take photos, I promise! LOL
The next couple of weeks are out, because we're going away on holidays, but after that, if you like, we could meet.
Bye for now
Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptySun 24 Aug 2008, 12:09 pm

hi chris,
the central coast is definately not too far to catch up.
can we do it when ive caught up to your weight loss so we both look gorgeous in the photos? - ha ha
Jodes
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptySat 23 Aug 2008, 10:09 am

Favorites LOL no!

The least disgusting is the strawberry shake. Although it is really sweet. I can also tolerate the berry bar.

I am so cold and sore. I will live though.
Back to top Go down
em78
em78

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptySat 23 Aug 2008, 9:18 am

Cinni
How are you finding the optifast? Any favourites so far?
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptySat 23 Aug 2008, 7:43 am

Yep I am day three of opti fast. :http://smileys feeling a bit grumpy and have the headache from hell! Ranting

cinni
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 1:26 pm

Hi Jodes,

I'm getting sleeved so I can have a baby too. So after my endoscopy next week I should be able to annouce the date for my surgery - woohoo!
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Jodesmac   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 1:15 pm

I think Liquified Stars is also starting Optifast today along with us. I have been on such a food funeral that I put on about 14 pounds. I think a lot of that might be water- but we will see. I am hoping the initial 7 go almost overnight. We'll see. I am so sick of food I didn't even bother to have a proper food funeral for my last night. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 12:37 pm

Jodes talk about a big lucky dip! lol. Congrats on getting your date, I can't wait to see what you wake up with either now. :)

Cinni
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 10:22 am

Hey Jodes
Wow - that's amazing, not knowing which you've got until you wake up. Surprise!!! :[img]http://sm
But it sounds as though you're good with that, and that's really all that counts.
We'll all be waiting to see how you go - but whichever you end up with, I hope you have better success than last time.
Enjoy your last supper...
Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: the date has been set   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 9:34 am

Oct 8th ('Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney 446871')

i'm still not sure whether i will have a band or a sleeve .
I spoke at length with the doc today and as i still have some reservations we decided that he will see if he can do the band first.
He may not be able to fit it due to the scarring from the patch job he had to do earlier this year.
So if he can't he will sleeve me. bit of a luck dip surgery. lol
so i won't know what i've got til i wake up. whatever it is i am just glad to be on the right track again.

So this weekend is what i like to refer to as 'The Last Supper'
That means i get to eat all my favourites (like i don't anyway) before i start optifast on monday.
i'm sure you've all had 'the last supper' everytime you started a new diet. i have.
i will try and add that date to the calendar today,
Jodes

('Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney 65317')

Last edited by jodesmac on Sat 30 Aug 2008, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 9:26 pm

Ooh, Jodes, that's great - not so far that we couldn't get together some time!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: So exciting Jodesmac-   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 8:00 pm

Wouldn't that be great if you could just pop on in and get a date. When you do ask Hayley to put you on the calendar like the rest of us waiting to get onto the losers bench.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 1:46 pm

Hi Jodes,

A big warm welcome!! Great to have you with us, and good luck in finding out your date tomorrow.
I look forward to hearing about it...or is it reading about it.

Hayley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 1:42 pm

Thank you all for your welcome, you're so kind,
chris i am in the North West in Sydney
Cinni i love your profile pic, i think it's beautiful
hopefully i can log in tomorrow with a date....
Jodes
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

Male
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 10:56 am

G'day Jodes and welcome to the sleevers forum, you have come to the right place for that extra bit of support for your WLS re-journey.....
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 9:29 am

Hi Jodes and welcome
Well, you've come to the right place to do your research - there's a wealth of information here, and everyone's really friendly so don't be afraid to ask questions.
I'm sorry you've had such a tough time - like Cinni said, it's cruel to have to go through that.
I wish you success on your journey, and am interested to know where in Sydney you're from - I'm on the northern end of the Central Coast, but originally came from Sydney myself.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 7:45 am

Welcome Jodes. Wow that sounds like a lot to go through. I so know what you mean about the not wanting to be seen, being cranky and feeling miserable. It seems so cruel you had a taste of being thin then that happens. I hadn't heard of that complication either.

Hey perhaps bubs thought it was her rattle? lol

I am glad you found this forum, you will be in good company if you decide to go ahead with the sleeve.

Cinni
Back to top Go down
pretzel.1970
pretzel.1970

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 6:39 am

Hi Jodes and welcome.

There are a few others on these pages that have had the band before and have now had the sleeve - I'm sure they'll all fill you in with how it went for them.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 5:15 am

Hi everyone,
i have been devouring all your information for the past week. i m seeing the doc tomorrow to book my surgery and i feel like this('Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney 81722')and this('Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney 542174')
a bit about me :
i was banded in 2004, the weight fell off, i found the journey exhilarating and went from 124kg to 80kg (goal weight). yay for me!!
Then i had my planned 3rd baby girl in 2007. i had the fluid removed during pregnancy and yes gained about 20 kg of my own (not baby weight)e but i didn't care because i knew i had the tool to lose it. 3 months post baby i got my first fill. on the 2nd fill(sept 2007) i was vomiting bile when i lay down at night . Barium test said everything was fine.
took fluid out and gave it a rest. went back for fills in Jan this year and they kept filling it every other week because i had no restrictions. Finally it got too tight and i was in pain. Test showed that the band was inside my stomach. so it was removed and my stomach was stitched back up in Feb and i have been waiting 6 months for healing purposes with the plan of a second band. in that 6 months i have put the rest of my weight back on plus some and am now 128kg. Boo Hoo.
Amazing to have to revert back to not wanting to be seen, to being cranky and feeling miserable. The personality change is chalk and cheese.
So after discovering the sleeve and reading all your stories i believe this might be the best option for me.
The docs don't know why a few bands do this , possibly an infection due to another surgery (ceaserian because the little monkey lay sideways) or that i have to have blood thinners and asprin while i'm pregnant. ( i get treated for antiphospholipid syndrome after losing 2 second trimester babies) it's an unknown. so for that reason alone i believe this may be the safer option for me.
It will also leave the door open to another pregnancy without the concerns of the medications and surgeries affecting my band.
I am so looking forward to being a loser again.
Jodes Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney 63412

Last edited by jodesmac on Thu 21 Aug 2008, 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney   Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi All, i'm a newbie from Sydney
Page 1 of 1