Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
judyb63

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-01-04

6 weeks post sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 weeks post sleeve   6 weeks post sleeve EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 3:05 am

Thanks Jan!

I am going shopping today to find some icy poles and will check out the green teas as well. I am desperate to try anything!

Good luck with your recovery.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Jannie G
Jannie G

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: 6 weeks post sleeve   6 weeks post sleeve EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 11:25 pm

Hi Judy.. sounds like your having a rough trot with the nausea. I know what you mean about the protein powder I hate taking it but I'm only 3 weeks post op and can't get anywhere near the correct amount unless I take it.

I have heard that the nausea does get better but maybe someone on this site has had the same and could advise you better. For water and fluids remember jelly and icey poles just sucking on them is good I have lemonade flavoured Bulla one low cal etc. Also if you like the lipton peach or green tea, I mean the cold ones that come in a plastic bottle, they have a lite version and my dietician said I could have those to break the boredom. I also have sugar free gatorade type of drink (sorry can't remember the name) on hot days just to hydrate me I love the blackcurrant one. I hope you feel better soon.

Jan
Back to top Go down
judyb63

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: 6 weeks post sleeve   6 weeks post sleeve EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 2:21 pm

Hi everyone

I am now 6 weeks post sleeve and have just found out about this support group from a friend of mine who was sleeved earlier last year. I am so glad to have found this site as I have been struggling along on my own for the past 6 weeks!

I seem to have had a fairly rough post op course. I stayed in SJOG Hospital Murdoch for 5 days. I struggled with nausea and was pumped full of medications to try to stop it but nothing really worked. All I wanted to do was sleep and eating or drinking was the last thing on my mind.

When I finally got home I couldn't tolerate any protein supplements that were milk based. Luckily I was able to find a supplement called Recover that they gave me in hospital - I bought it from Surgical House in Leederville. I really don't like the taste, but at least I could keep it down and was able to keep my protein consumption somewhere near what it needed to be.

I continue to have nausea every day and struggle to drink water. I have found your tips about diet cordial very helpful and will be drinking that from now on. From reading your posts I now feel like there might be light at the end of the tunnel and am hopeful that the nausea will go away soon!!!!

The upside is that in 6 weeks I have lost almost 15kg. It has made all the hard times worthwhile.

I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you all and would love to hear your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 weeks post sleeve   6 weeks post sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

6 weeks post sleeve
Page 1 of 1