AuthorMessage
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

2 weeks post op.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks post op.    2 weeks post op.  EmptyThu 14 Apr 2016, 7:38 am

Hi Mario,

I was getting so sick of the liquids at the end of the 2nd week ..... however I persevered.

My dietician advised me to keep adding protein powder to my drinks, then purees.
This helped with my hunger pangs.

I also had to add fibre, Benefibre to my drinks.

Purees were heaven after the liquid stage. I would make a batch, and freeze them for later. Soft fruit purees, I would add some water into my Nutri Bullet.

With savoury foods, I was adding chicken stock to them, to make them more runny.

I am still adding extra proteins (flavourless powder) to my yoghurt in the morning,and my minces in the evening. (2nd week of Soft Food)

As BoJ said, listen to your gut, and chew well, and sip slowly.

You're doing great !
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

2 weeks post op.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks post op.    2 weeks post op.  EmptyTue 12 Apr 2016, 8:11 am

Welcome Mario.  Sounds like you are doing ok.
Just take it slow and chew well, and listen to your gut!
Back to top Go down
Mario Canberra

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-04-12

2 weeks post op.  Empty
PostSubject: 2 weeks post op.    2 weeks post op.  EmptyTue 12 Apr 2016, 7:03 am

MHello everyone,

My name is Mario from Canberra. I recently had the gastric sleeve operation, conducted by Dr Gananadha from Canberra Bariatric.
All went well in surgery and I'm actually quite surprised at how relatively pain free it has all been so far and my scares are almost not noticeable already. 
I'm just about finished the liquids stage and will be starting the purée stage tomorrow. Thank goodness as I'm getting sick of just drinking.  I know the next few weeks are going to be difficult while I transition to normal eating again and would love to hear from anyone with words of wisdom on how to get through it.
Starting weight 124kg
Operation weight 121kg.
2 weeks out- 115kg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 weeks post op.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks post op.    2 weeks post op.  Empty

Back to top Go down

2 weeks post op.
Page 1 of 1