*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Why am I not losing weight? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Why am I not losing weight?   Why am I not losing weight? - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 May 2009, 11:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just wondered if you guys can offer me some suggestions. I have put on 200grams today, and haven't shown a loss for 3 days! How the hell can my body be holding onto all the fat I have to lose. Its not used to me eating this little amount, it should be burning!!

I thought maybe I had put her in starvation mode, so I upped my meal intake, nope didn't work. I haven't done any exercise, tummy is still a bit sore, and I have a sore back.

Anyone have any suggestions of what I could do? Why am I not losing weight? - Page 2 697586

I have resorted to going back onto optifast for a couple of days!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kaili
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Why am I not losing weight?   Why am I not losing weight? - Page 2 EmptySat 02 May 2009, 2:17 am

Lib, at this stage you need to focus on healing your body, not your weight loss.

And I'm with Ricecake on this. Ever since surgery I've lost weight for a couple of weeks, and then nothing for two to three weeks, then repeat.

And while I'm as guilty as everyone else of weighing myself every day, it really is something you shouldn't do. Daily weight fluctuations are common and can be attributed to small things like eating too much salt, being pre menstrual, amount of water consumed, eating a late dinner (if you weigh in the morning) etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why am I not losing weight?   Why am I not losing weight? - Page 2 EmptySat 02 May 2009, 1:38 am

stop weighing yourself everday. I know it's hard, I did the same post op but forced myself out of the habit. I can weigh the same for a couple of weeks, then the next week be 3 Kg lighter. There is nothing wrong with my scales, that's just the way I am for some reason. When I was doing optifast, one week I would have a small loss, less than a kilo, the next would be a good couple of kilos.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Why am I not losing weight?   Why am I not losing weight? - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 May 2009, 11:55 pm

just about everyone stalls at the three week mark. no idea why.
It will all start again soon.
My weight varies through out the day . can weigh myself at 6am get one amount I always weigh 3x at each scale jumping.lol. Then later and it usually different than before . night time is the one I worry about most . I like it to be lower than the morning one..lol...I know I am obsessed with the scales.
Back to top Go down
ozpatty
ozpatty

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Why am I not losing weight?   Why am I not losing weight? - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 May 2009, 11:49 pm

Lib,
Give your system a little time to heal..... plus the fact that not drinkign enough water to flush out tends to contribute a little too, I think .. Body is probably in shock mode and hanging on to what it can......lol....but it will fall off...
I'm seeing my surgeon on tuesday for my post op check up and I havent weighed myself for a while now.....so fingers crossed that I have a loss there..
I seem to manage drinking hot chocolate, jellys, etc but trying to drink plain water is tough......I absolutely miss my 2 bottles of water a day routine.............lol
Hang in there girl......don't give up !
Trish xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wTMLGtu/
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Why am I not losing weight?   Why am I not losing weight? - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 May 2009, 11:11 pm

Just wondered if you guys can offer me some suggestions. I have put on 200grams today, and haven't shown a loss for 3 days! How the hell can my body be holding onto all the fat I have to lose. Its not used to me eating this little amount, it should be burning!!

I thought maybe I had put her in starvation mode, so I upped my meal intake, nope didn't work. I haven't done any exercise, tummy is still a bit sore, and I have a sore back.

Anyone have any suggestions of what I could do? Why am I not losing weight? - Page 2 697586

I have resorted to going back onto optifast for a couple of days!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why am I not losing weight?   Why am I not losing weight? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why am I not losing weight?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2