*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2009, 4:33 am

First topic message reminder :

I spent the lead up to my sleeve op so excited. I was just focused on the end goal. Any pain didn't really worry me and I was cool as a cucumber. I even got my husband to leave while I was waiting to go in. Told him I was ok he could leave. And then BAM I woke up. I wasn't sore, the painkillers were great, it was the discomfort of swallowing and the difficulty of not being able to easily drink anything.

Thats been my ongoing issue, which has now pretty much 'loosened' up now and I can drink and 'eat' comfortably.

My lack of support from my surgeon has been disappointing, you would think they would have like an info booklet with a run down of before and after in it. I might suggest that at my followup appointment.

But this forum has been my absolute saviour, and the members, I have had messages and emails of support and recipies, that have been so helpful.

I can't believe that 10 days post op, I am feeling relativly normal, still can't drink "gulp" like I feel like doing, but thats ok because you have to make some sacrafices, and I am 9kg down. This really is the best thing I have ever done, even if the first few days left me questioning what I had done to myself!!

Thank you all so much!!

Just wanted to post this to give hope to those freshly sleeved!!

Last edited by *Lib* on Thu 30 Apr 2009, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Deb
Sponsor

Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 8:47 am

Hang in there girls. What you are experiencing is normal...
Back to top Go down
wombat
wombat

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 8:09 am

I'm feeling the same Lib...not particularly interested in any fluid that I can have, its all so ho-hum, boring, I'd rather not have anything, which is not really an option. Although I think my blood sugars are probably low today, I am feeling a bit down and really tired.

I'm not supposed to start mushies until next Monday. Right now that seems a long way away.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 3:50 am

wombat wrote:
I know, but when my weight this week goes 94, 92.4, 93.8, 94 and I am still on liquids *and* starting to feel hungry, I can't help but have these little doubts that my body will betray me once again (hypothyroid, IR, PCOS).

I am heading into week three, perhaps that is influencing everything including my mood, at the moment.
Yep I am like that too, I am really hungry this week and nthing I eat seems to satisfy. I haven't worked out yet how much I can eat. How will I know if I have eaten too much? I might be eating too little to make sure I don't eat too much and I worry that I am putting myself in starvation mode. I have an appointment with the dietitian tonight so hopefully he can help me out. Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 697586
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 3:45 am

The presence or absence of BMs makes a big difference too!

As long as the trend is downwards!
Back to top Go down
wombat
wombat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 3:44 am

I know, but when my weight this week goes 94, 92.4, 93.8, 94 and I am still on liquids *and* starting to feel hungry, I can't help but have these little doubts that my body will betray me once again (hypothyroid, IR, PCOS).

I am heading into week three, perhaps that is influencing everything including my mood, at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 3:37 am

I am a bit aprehensive about this too. I just know it is something I will probably have to monitor for the rest of my life and adjust my behaviours and food intake accordingly. The price of weight maintenence is eternal vigilence.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 12:58 am

Ok you tickerless tart!

I really truly believe that once you get to your goal weight, you would really need to work at making crappy food choices to impact your weight. I have found that even when I have eaten something naughty (Easter anyone?) that all that happened was that my weight stayed the same rather than going down.

Just trust in the sleeve and how it limits what you can eat - and try and continue to make good choices most of the time.

And we're all here if you need support! You know that.

Hugs
Caz
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 12:26 am

Hi Sunland and fellow journeyers....

The sad reality is that over the last 30 years I have gained and lost a lot of weight!

Each time (the last time was 6 years ago when I was the weight I am now) I would vow and declare "I will never put on weight again." And - guess what - it happened!!!

That terrror of reaching a "good weight" ....then within months seeing the scales creep up again is probably starting to reach out to me because I am within 7 kilos of my Dr's goal for me (and 10 kilos of my own goal - though I would love to loose an extra 5kgs!). It is something I am aware of and am working through, so all will be well.

I sincerely hope - and semiconfidently feel - that this surgery is the best way NOT to do that horrid re-gain thing. Statistics show surgery is really the only sucessful way for the severly obese to not regain... dieting fails in 90% of cases.

I wanna be waving a victory flag in 3 years and going I DID IT AND STAYED IN A HEALTHY WEIGHT RANGE!!!!

Sophia the slack-tickerless-tart :)
Starting weight 111kgs approx
Operative weight 107kgs on 2 Feb
Current weigh 90.2kgs
Back to top Go down
sunland
Sponsor
sunland

Male
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyTue 05 May 2009, 7:29 pm

Girls,

You won't go up again, by the time you reach your goal you would have "have developed the healthy eating habit"!! don't you like these catchy phrases?? You won't put the weight back on, I know you won't....We have all been through so much to get to the stage we are...How many people on this forum have reached their goal and put weight back on??? NO ONE (that I can recall

Sophia, where is your ticker? I want to know how well you are going!! fellow Greenslade sleever..

Cya

Greg (soon to be warm in Far north Queensland)
Back to top Go down
wombat
wombat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyTue 05 May 2009, 3:33 pm

*Lib* wrote:
sophia wrote:
The only thing I am really scared of now is reaching my goal then going back up in KGs again, like I have so many times before
Sophia

Me too!

Me three!
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyTue 05 May 2009, 2:00 am

sophia wrote:
The only thing I am really scared of now is reaching my goal then going back up in KGs again, like I have so many times before
Sophia

Me too!
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyTue 05 May 2009, 1:44 am

Hi there,
my WTF moment was day two after surgery, where I felt like sobbing cos I wouldnl't be able to scoff 2 large containers of Red Rooster chips in one sitting. I greived... and it too was because of the blooming adds on TV.
The rational part of me went "that is so crazy" but I was very sad on and off through the day.

Sophia
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 5:57 am

I only had one WTF moment. day 6 I think it was or should I say night, did'nt take pain meds prior to bed and work up in middle of the night unable to roll out of bed to get them. Hubby was not impressed as he did not want me to have surgery . He got me them and I went back to sleep when they kicked in.Next day I had drains out and all was well after that
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 5:34 am

Yes Opuskv, Caz and Rosie have described what I was talking about exactly.

Haven't had my surgery yet so haven't had the WTF moment. Hope I don't but will suffer through it is I do. The goal at the end is where my focus will be.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 2:35 am

I had a few WTF moments while in hospital - mainly because I couldn't believe I'd actually finally done it! And I have to tell you, the number of food ads on TV is amazing!!! I eventually made a game out of trying to guess what I'd be able to eat.

Now I have NO regrets at all. I just had a business trip to the USA that would normally cause me to gain anything up to 5KG (portion sizes and boredom - nothing to do but eat and shop). I lost nearly 2KG instead.

And going out to lunch now - I still enjoy the company and the food - just much less of it.

It was a big decision, but one that I am totally at peace about!

Caz
Back to top Go down
Rosie
Rosie

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 1:34 am

I think what Janey is refering to (and she will correct me if I'm wrong :-) ) is that in the first few days / week post when you have pain, nausea, reflux, restlessness, drains, iv. etc and you are generally feeling sorry for yourself, there is the tendancy to think WTF have I done and why did I do this?

I think this feeling passes for most within a week or so. Although it can continue for longer if there are complications. Despite this, I don't think there is anyone on this site who regrets their surgery after all i said and done! It really is a long term thing. It is a massive operation so naturally it can take a while for the body and mind to heal and adjust to what has happened.
Back to top Go down
OpusKV626
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptySun 03 May 2009, 10:40 pm

janey261 wrote:
Wonderful news Lib. It sounds like you have successfully passed the "What the hell have I done" phase.

Only onward and upward (apart from the scales) from here on in.

Hugs,

Janey, I'd love to hear more about the "what the hell have I done phase." It's funny... but also I've heard of people experiencing depression and other regrets after the surgery. What can anyone tell me about the frequency of these type of doubts?
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2009, 3:09 pm

So glad you are feeling well again Lib. Fantastic weight loss too- 9kg in 10 days!
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2009, 11:43 am

Wonderful news Lib. It sounds like you have successfully passed the "What the hell have I done" phase.

Only onward and upward (apart from the scales) from here on in.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2009, 4:38 am

That is great Lib

And FYI, I can gulp now - with no issue at all!!!
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2009, 4:33 am

I spent the lead up to my sleeve op so excited. I was just focused on the end goal. Any pain didn't really worry me and I was cool as a cucumber. I even got my husband to leave while I was waiting to go in. Told him I was ok he could leave. And then BAM I woke up. I wasn't sore, the painkillers were great, it was the discomfort of swallowing and the difficulty of not being able to easily drink anything.

Thats been my ongoing issue, which has now pretty much 'loosened' up now and I can drink and 'eat' comfortably.

My lack of support from my surgeon has been disappointing, you would think they would have like an info booklet with a run down of before and after in it. I might suggest that at my followup appointment.

But this forum has been my absolute saviour, and the members, I have had messages and emails of support and recipies, that have been so helpful.

I can't believe that 10 days post op, I am feeling relativly normal, still can't drink "gulp" like I feel like doing, but thats ok because you have to make some sacrafices, and I am 9kg down. This really is the best thing I have ever done, even if the first few days left me questioning what I had done to myself!!

Thank you all so much!!

Just wanted to post this to give hope to those freshly sleeved!!

Last edited by *Lib* on Thu 30 Apr 2009, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally I am seeing the light!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2