AuthorMessage
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Finally I am seeing the light!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyTue 12 May 2009, 5:06 pm

Thanks for those lovely words Trish. They were beautiful.

Roll on Monday because I am ready to do this. A new type of life starts just for me. What a wonderful thing to look forward to. Bring on the pain and the gas and everything else that can be shoved at me and I am determined to sail through them all.

6 more sleeps and then it's action stations. WooHoo.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyTue 12 May 2009, 3:11 pm

For me I have no worries about not coming through it okay but IF something did happen I would want to explain to my mum why i didn't tell her because that would crush her knowing I went through this and not say anything. My main reason for not telling my mum is because she would worry herself sick and secondly she wouldn't be able to help herself by telling my siblings and I don't get along with my brother or his wife and I don't wnat them knowing as I know what comments they would be making if they knew.

Trish - WOW to your photo. You good fantastic.

Janey- Not long to go now - you must be getting very excited.

this weekend I will start my diary.
Back to top Go down
ozpatty
ozpatty

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyTue 12 May 2009, 2:58 pm

Thanks Janey for the lovely compliment....... You also are a very attractive woman too......
and wow, you are going to be such a knock out after your op.
As for the letter writing, I will admit I did a similar thing too but I did a photo dvd of my favourite pics of me with my family and while the music was playing softly in the background, I spoke a few words to each of them and also made a special one just for my daughter. I also put all my superannuation papers, insurance, etc all together and put them all in a folder and gave them to my mum, for the "just in case anything happens" routine. (And just picture an italian woman saying to me....ahhhh shutuppa you stupid) But overall, I knew that I was going to come out of this good and I certainly knew I had my very special angels around me, including you guys too. I was determined that now is not the time to go and this is just the start of my new life. That gave me so much determination to come through. I also seceretly made a deal with God and said that I want to come back and enjoy life with my daughter and to help others that were in the same situation as me. Yes, it is a hell of a big step and a massive change to one's lifestyle, but hey, look at the rewards..... I am losing weight that I have battled with for years, I gave up smoking, I have such a new zest in life and the inner feeling I have inside me is incredible, and my energy level is rising and I'm even raising the energy in my little girl. I was also very blessed that I had a great surgeon who I believe to be one of the best in this country. So Janey, Allieswan, and everyone else who is about to get "sleeved" you WILL pull through fantastically and we are going to be right here waiting and hearing about your success, and most of all to hear how great within yourself you are starting to feel. Believe me, I'm there now. Concentrate now on the positives that is about to happen in your lives and believe in yourselves. I hope I haven't bored you much with what I have written, and apologise in advance, but girls, I am so damn glad that I have gotten to know you all on such a personal life changing forum and receiving that boost of extra confidence prior to being sleeved.
So, girls before your op, just concentrate on the positives, I know you'll do pretty fine !
All the best
Finally I am seeing the light!! 63412
Trish
Back to top Go down
http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wTMLGtu/
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 11:29 pm

Trish and Wombat, great to hear you guys are going well!!

I have an updated photo in the gallery too, will pop off to see yours Trish!

Maybe Wombat if you and I have a little of each others problems we'd be perfect!!!

Good to hear from you both!
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 2:49 pm

It's a good thing to do Allieswans. It is probably very cathartic and you will always have them on hand for the future. They can be filed away, when you come home perfectly OK.

I'd completely do it if you are comfortable with it. Especially the one to your Mum.

In my case I felt it might be tempting fate and being just that bit too prepared. If you get my drift. I'm always conscious of "Murphy's Law" so I decided just to do the big hugs and you know I love yous on the morning of departure. Also making sure I give special attention to all my kidlets this week so that I can go under knowing that they know how much they mean to me and that if the worst does happen I will go with a clear conscience knowing I've been nothing but loving and kind. You know what I mean, not regretting anything I've said or done.
Anyway we're all going to come through this well and be happy with what we've done.

Please don't let my fear of the fates put you off doing what you want to do will you?

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 2:28 pm

Janey

I was thinking when I have my surgery I would like to write a couple of letters ( just in case) to my loved ones.

Especially to people like my mum who I won't be telling about teh surgery.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 2:06 pm

Gosh you can see the huge difference in your new photo Trish. Your face has slimmed down so much. Not that there was anything wrong with it before. You are one stunning lady. Congratulations on the fantastic weight loss.

I am getting more aware of the seriousness of this surgery and thought about writing notes to my kids today and then ditched the idea as being unnecessarily mordbid and pessimistic. I have had plenty of surgeries in the past without a worry but I suppose the permanency of this is a little frightening. But I know I will be OK. I do know that I have lots of guardian angels around me who will protect me from harm.

It's 7 sleeps now and counting down. I don't think I could be anymore prepared than I am. See my diary and you will realise that I don't do things by halves. OTT that's me. Though I do have to get onto making some soups. I don't do the canned stuff. I'm a soup/coffee snob and will only eat/drink the real thing. So I had better get my skates on. Still a few little chores I haven't gotten around to yet but have 5 appointments this week so maybe they will have to wait until well after surgery.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
ozpatty
ozpatty

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 11:59 am

hey Lib, great news girl.....well done......And the girls are so right, that's kilos that will NEVER
come back.....

Wombat - if you are still having any soup, put a good heaped teaspoon of benefibre mixed in, and have that daily and you watch, you will get regular..... it helped me big time and it WILL eliminate that little wizard in the bowel....lol.

Janey, no doubt you're soaking this all in and now what to do when you're time comes......How many more sleeps now ? I can't believe how fast the time is coming around.

Had my first day back at work today and wow, did I get some compliments from my work colleagues. I have to admit that it was such a boost to the self esteem. My work pants almost look like a pair of MC Hammer pants....lol

hope you are all well and happy

Finally I am seeing the light!! 217555
Trish
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 10:23 am

Hi Wombat,

Sorry to hear that things are blocked up. Have you tried a herbal laxative like Senna? It will get you moving again with no harmful side effects. There's also Coloxyl drops that they give to babies that may be easier to get down.

7kgs gone is 7kgs that won't come back. Getting the old back passage moving again will also make a difference.

Fingers crossed for some movement at the station.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
wombat
wombat

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 8:31 am

Congratulations Lib! LOL I am still in the dark:( Saw my surgeon today and he is very happy with my 7kg loss since surgery (by his scales, which btw I HATE). I am sure if my body would let go of at least some of the food that I eat, I might start loosing again. I think I have a little wizard inside my bowels screaming "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!"
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 5:43 am

I'm so pleased for you Lib. It's wonderful news.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 2:58 am

Congratulations. That is 10kg you will never see again. Yay!
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptySun 10 May 2009, 11:48 pm

Yay!!! I have passed the 10kg loss!!

Last edited by *Lib* on Mon 11 May 2009, 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptySun 10 May 2009, 8:02 pm

great news Lib, i know what a relief it is to see those scales finally move again.

hugs
tracey
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptySun 10 May 2009, 4:57 am

Thats just great Lib soon you wont know yourself

Cheers Sue Finally I am seeing the light!! 63412
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptySun 10 May 2009, 4:54 am

Yay for you Lib.

Hate to say it but "we told you so". Hope it keeps going down regularly for you.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptySun 10 May 2009, 1:12 am

OMG Finally I have a loss!!! Finally I am seeing the light!! 487524
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptySat 09 May 2009, 3:32 am

That is such good advice Trish and I will be sure to take it.

Thanks so much for your good wishes. I've been so busy that I haven't really been counting sleeps or getting nervous, for the last 2 days anyway. Just getting organised. I plan to spend today cleaning out my walk in wardrobe and donating a hefty portion of clothes to the Sammies.

Now thanks to your advice, I'm going to have a space for all the "too tight" or small clothes and have a try on day every week. A much more satisfying experience than standing on my scales that btw are called WTF.......well at least for now anyway. I may decide to love them and rename them later. LOL.

Your diet sounds great too. Glad to hear that you're including your vegies. You sound like you're a cook like me who likes to add as many vegies to things as you can. We must be chef twins!!!

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
GoodScout
GoodScout

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyFri 08 May 2009, 3:52 pm

Good deal, ozpatty. One of the things I took away from WW was that just because you didn't lose weight on a given week doesn't mean you didn't lose something. I found on weeks I didn't drop pounds/kilos, I was still losing inches/cm off my waist or hips.
Back to top Go down
ozpatty
ozpatty

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyFri 08 May 2009, 1:29 pm

Hi everyone

Im just over 3 weeks and I had a week with no loss at all. Don't give up and remember it is still too early to see dramatic weight loss. I've given up on checking the scales and what I found to be the best way is trying some type of clothing on that used to be so tight on me. I am now into t/shirts that are nice and loose on me, and believe me, it was a much better feeling than seeing the scales go lower.

I had my post op check last tuesday and my Dr J said that I'm going well and had a good weight loss. He then said I can start on soft foods which made me feel great. Next post op check is in july.

My breakfast now consists of one small scrambled egg with a little chopped spinach in it, and a thin slice of avocado on the the side, and that made me feel full after that, and that's awesome.

Don't give up girls........do the clothing test and I bet you anything you WILL see the difference.

Janey, monday week.....I'm getting so excited for you Finally I am seeing the light!! 65317

Finally I am seeing the light!! 63412
Trish
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyThu 07 May 2009, 1:26 pm

Hang on in there Wombat.

Only 4 more sleeps for you until you can have something more filling.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
wombat
wombat

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyThu 07 May 2009, 9:40 am

Glad to see you are feeling better! Are you on mushies already Lib? I am not allowed to start until Monday and I am *so* sick of liquid. Plus it feels like I could have so much more liquid than my 100ml meals:(

LOL roll on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyThu 07 May 2009, 8:50 am

Great news Lib.

Good things always come to those who wait. You're doing fine.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyThu 07 May 2009, 12:24 am

Last night for the first time since my surgery I measured out 125mls for my dinner, which is what my dietitian said I can eat. And I couldn't get through it, I felt so good being full. I haven't been full since the op because I didn't want to over do it. I had blended chicken lasange, just a healthy choice meal, it was so good. So from now on I will take the time to measure, made such a difference. He has put me on berocca and multivitamin too. Still not losing any weight but like everyone here, he assures me I am doing fine.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 8:47 am

Hang in there girls. What you are experiencing is normal...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally I am seeing the light!!   Finally I am seeing the light!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally I am seeing the light!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: