applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

anyone feel light headed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptyTue 03 Feb 2009, 6:57 am

They should be fine Jodi just might not be enough food tho depending how much you can get down. I couldnt do large amounts of liquids at that stage so could only drink a 1/4 to half a serve so better drinking full fat versions at that stage to get a few calories in. The male of the species tho could drink down heaps more. He tho could not eat as much as me so do not think drinking heaps means a big tummy , just one that drains well is all. Something you would have had before surgery or not. The surgery doesnt change that ability.
Glad to see you home :)

applesuace
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptyMon 02 Feb 2009, 3:15 pm

I get these also , I have put it down to my low blood pressure too. Just one of those things that Low BP people get. I never just jump out of bed I sit on the side for a bit before, When I get up out of a chair I am ready to go just in case , I usually look for something to hang onto before I get up,lol
Back to top Go down
Ayeme
Ayeme

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptyMon 02 Feb 2009, 7:03 am

Hi everyone. I was sleeved October 2007 and still get head spins and nearly faintig. All blood tests are fine but i do get low blood pressure. The Drs still don't know wy i get them. Being 126.5kgs and now 64kgs they thing time might mend the problem. cheers
Back to top Go down
Relle
Relle

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptySun 11 Jan 2009, 2:33 am

Thanks for all the replies :)

It's nice to know I'm not the only one, so it must be my iron intake. I really don't want to take iron tablets, but I have increased my intake of foods rich in iron and I get up a lot slower now hehehe (you are so right there applesauce!!!)

Anyway, it's working, I'm getting less headspins now :)
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptySat 10 Jan 2009, 3:19 pm

Hi
I get the head spins as well on occasion but I am iron deficient and am supposed to be on iron supplements but I haven't taken them for a few weeks cause they bind me up. It can also be caused by sudden low bp which would happen has apple described. One other reason is low sugar level if you are diabetic or even borderline pre-diabetic. so if you haven't eaten anything you can get a sugar low. make sure you eat breakfast even an up & go is fine if you have time constraints, this should help.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptySat 10 Jan 2009, 8:04 am

I suffer shocking balance problems, which results in terrible motion sickness. A lot has to do with my vision tho. I hate travelators and escalators. I can not go down an escalator, as I just can not get the correct balance to actually step onto it *LOL* I can now get my balance right to get onto one going up and most travelators, tho I am very unsteady on them and must hang on. I prefer lifts.
BTW my stats are the same. I am going up and downt he same 500grams since october. Tho we brought a pool today, so it will mean LOTS of water for me now. Tho I do have to master the ladder which is going to be rather difficult *LOL* It is 1.2m deep so should give a decent amount of depth for water walking.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptySat 10 Jan 2009, 5:36 am

i have also been suffering really badly with this...it seems every time i squat down then get up i have to grab something to hold until it passes. I have had all my tests done and everything is fine.
I fully understand what ya saying apple...i never thought of that...lol
I thought it was my meneire's disease....I had my vestibular nerve on my right side cut in sept 2007 to stop me from having vertigo attacks. so my balance is not good at all...but this is just like a quick head spin that i get now.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Gut Less
Gut Less

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptySat 10 Jan 2009, 12:28 am

Ahh, I get this too, thought I'd not eaten enough (I often can't stomach breaky until late morning). Better get my bloods checked.

GL
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 10:27 pm

Applesauce - Christmas has come and gone - Update on stats necessary. You are our shining star.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 8:26 am

You will find the weather has a lot to do with it along with the change in your body shape and how fast you can now move it up. I know it sounds silly but one of the first things you are able to do better is lift youself out of a chair or out of the sitting or laying position. As it faster. The blood rushes faster than you are use to head rush hehehe

I thought I had low iron low this low that, and all it was was my ass moving better hehehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 8:16 am

Hi
it use to happen to me I increased my iron with vitiams and now am ok, had bloods done last week and all levels of vitamins are great.My dr was very surprised with that being I take so many,lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 6:10 am

Hi Relle,

That happens to a lot of people, me included. I call it the head spins! I think i just stand up too quick and it causes a momentary drop in blood pressure. I don't usually have plood pressure issues either. It only lasts maybe 10 or 15 seconds, feel like i'm going to faint then it all passes and i'm fine again.

But if you think you may have a low iron level, pop off and get a blood test. You don't want to get enemic. (spelling)
Back to top Go down
Relle
Relle

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 4:41 am

Just wondering, as the last few days, every time I stand up from sitting or lying, I get really light headed - head spins, things start going kinda dark and I have to hang on to something so I don't fall over sideways.

I'm guessing this is a low blood pressure thing (I've always had absolutely perfect blood pressure - never high)

I'm wondering if this is somehow caused by a lack of iron in my diet? I'm trying as hard as I can - but is it enough?

Is there a link between low iron intake and low blood pressure? or can low iron in itself cause head spins and dizziness?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone feel light headed?   anyone feel light headed? Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone feel light headed?
Page 1 of 1