Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :(

Go down 
+3
Synna
Jacko84
SassyMummy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :(   How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 9:49 pm

Trying to get my head around Australian volumes compared to UK ones.

An Australian cup is 250 mls right? UK it's 284 mls.

Both a UK pint and an Australian pint is 568 mls. In USA, it's a lot less!

But an Australian tablespoon is 20 mls and a UK tablespoon is 15mls.

No wonder none of my recipes from my Australian Women's Weekly cookbooks turn out! Guess I should have asked sis to bring me some Australian measures - she's here now.

Anyhow, I can manage 250 mls. Sometimes more, if it's in gravy or sauce.
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :(   How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 1:44 pm

hey Sassy, 8 days post op and on mushies - breakfast is almost 1 weetbix, morning tea half a small avocado, lunch about 5 or 6 teaspoons of tuna, arvo i will have maybe half a diet mouse or the other half of the avo - or today i started a protein shake. Dinner at the moment im eating about 4-5 teaspoons of mushy food - last 2 nights have been refried beans with a lil sr cream. Im actually surprised at the amount im getting in. By the time dinner does come around tho, im not exactly wanting food, but eat out of necessity. :) Some ppl ive read are on liquid for 2 weeks but i was on clear liquids for 2 days in hospital, 3rd day could have all liquids, and then once discharged was advised mushy's for 3 weeks then soft foods.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :(   How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 12:39 pm

Hello Sassy,

I am 8 weeks post op. I was like you. I could only eat a couple of tablespoons of soup or puree. Now I can have a quarter to half a cup of food. deepends on what it is as I can only manage half an egg as I find straight protein the harest thing to eat. When I moved onto purees I checked with my dietician after reading on this website that I could have a crusket. I made curried egg as it is nice and moist, spread half of it on a crusket and that is a meal for me. I find I am still satisfied after one crusket so that is all I have. They really helped as I just wanted to chew something. The crunch was great too.
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :(   How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

Thanks guys.

I'm on purees now, but yeah... it's like I can eat nothing. It's not really "eating," I know... but I'm finding it frustrating that I have what is not much at all... and I eat it over a long period too..

Janette - that's exactly what I needed to hear! If I can like that eventually, I'll be happy. :)
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :(   How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

With time you will beable to eat more.

I am 21 months post op and this is a sample of what I eat in a day..........

B: 2 weetbix with 1 cup skim milk

MT: Forme Yoghurt

L: 1 slice Burgen Soy-Lin bread toasted and topped with 1/4 sliced avocado, 1 slice lite coon cheese, 50 gms shaved ham and some green tomato pickles.

AT: 1 high protein snack bar

D: 120 gms crumbed steak with gravy, 3 potato wedges, 2 pumpkin wedges, 4 slices of carrot, 1 Tablespoon peas.

S: 1 serve peach slices

Hope this helps.

How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( 217555
Back to top Go down
Synna
Part of the furniture
Synna

Female
Number of posts : 436
Location : That twilight space between sleep and consciousness
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :(   How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 12:11 pm

At 2 weeks I was just waving goodbye to liquids and hello to purees. I could get in half a cup no worries, but I was only having bites the size of a quarter of a teaspoon. I think this is where some people rush -they laden the teaspoon up like the would before sleeve and eat it all at once, then wonder why they feel sick/full so quick (YMMV).
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :(   How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 12:01 pm

2 weeks post op i was on fluids, 4.5weeks post op i can eat abit under half a cup
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :(   How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 11:47 am

I can eat basically nothing. I'm only 2 weeks post-op, but it's getting my down because I have about 2-3 spoonfuls (teaspoons) and that's it... makes me feel a bit frustrated.

Anyway, I think I need to know that it WILL get better...

So I was wondering, how much can you eat in one sitting, and how far post-op are you? I know everyone will be different, but yeah, I kind of need to remain optimistic... and I think this will help.

Also - did your tastes change? I find everything tastes kind of unimpressive.
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :(   How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :( Empty

Back to top Go down

How much can you eat in 1 sitting? I need a light at hte end of the tunnel... :(
Page 1 of 1