applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

How much can u eat in one sitting one year out Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 12:33 pm

smurfy like all surgery it can fail. this is just about always the result of not choosing your surgeon with care. you know pretty much soon after surgery something is wrong when you can consume amounts like your friend. Hayley the person who started this site has a failed sleeve and seeing all the posts I suspect 1 or 2 others here do as well. But with over 3000 members you would see with those numbers it is rare.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 11:11 am

It is great to read all this prior to my operation; though was mystified to learn that someone I know has had the sleeve; not five months ago; and can eat and has been able to do so, for a few months, in one sitting for example; 1 dinner roll, a side plate salad (includes two eggs), 3 oysters kilpatrick; 1 main course of garlic prawns and garlic bread type serving which is quite large; plus two non-softdrinks; all in the same time as others eating (think I was a bit rude, I was observing; and had been told normal though quarter what used to be eaten). I am assuming that this in itself would be quite unusual for a 'sleeve' op? The thing that concerns me, is I rarely eat that much now (though we all have our days, or I wouldn't be here).
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 3:35 am

Well today I did the Rice Cream Test.

Got up this morning and put rice cream in a cup. Weighed 230grams so wasn't quite full. Ate it all in 10 minutes and was comfortably full, not bursting.

So I can say I have a 250gram or 1 cup tummy.

If you had told me 12 months ago that all I could eat was a cup full of something then I would of been devastated. But I absolutely love it now.

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 4:43 am

I don't eat slowly. I should, but I don't. Like Libby said the quicker you eat, the bigger your swallows, the quicker you get full, and the less you eat IYKWIM?
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 3:07 am

I think the slower you eat the more 'chewed up' the food is therefore better for digestion. If I eat quickly I usually can't eat as much as when I eat slowly and chew properly. I always eat slowly and especially when out for a meal with friends.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 1:05 pm

no eating slow is not normal for the sleeve. having said that tho while you are healing and adjusting to your new tummy taking tiny bites and eating slow is sensible and common. this allows you to work out when you are full. as you get use to your sleeve and it reaches its full size you pretty much know where your full point is and eat just like a normal person.

tho of course you may find the odd exception who is scared of not knowning that full signal and continue to eat slowely.

go out to dinner with a bunch of sleevers if you are worried it all looks very normal hehehe but do rememeber the different rates people heal at and some will be in that healing stage.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 12:12 pm

On this same topic.....I'm curious as to how long it would take you to finish a meal?

Ive had a friend tell me that it can take her 45 mins to eat a sandwich, but mind you, she has a lap band...
is it different with the sleeve?
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 10:45 am

Hey Lisa,
I have seen you eat remember, you don't eat that much LOL
We can between us not even finish one full wrap, think of it that way.
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010, 7:12 am

Gosh I think it all depends on the day. So I second or third that.

I have been known to eat 1 x 6 inch sub. But not eating it very fast. Probably in half and hour.

I can eat 4 chicken terryaki sushi pieces in one sitting

Also depends on the food. KFC I am finding too fatty so can really only handle a leg or a thigh at a time so don't have that often anyway.

Mostly when I serve up my tea I do some sort of caserole regularly and one soup scoop is plenty. So I think this would tend to be about a cup or 250ml.

I should do the rice cream test as I love it as well but then when do you test. Somedays I can eat more than others. I think I eat more than most I have read on here. (not just this post)
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010, 6:09 am

I can eat a whole Uncle Toby's porridge sachet with a bit of All Bran on it (made with water, not milk though).

I can have a half a small take-away Asian dish, but only a tiny bit of the rice or noodles with it. I usually get chicken and it lasts me 2 days.

I can have one lamb cutlet with one or two baby potatoes and a bit of tomato.

I can eat a small piece (about 2/3) of a thinly cut piece of scotch fillet with some mushrooms and onions (yummy - had it last night).

I can have about 1/3 of a serving of spaghetti bolognese - 1/3 of what I used to have. That now lasts me 3 meals (1 dinner and 2 lunches).

4 vita-weats with a 2 cheese slices and some avocado (sometimes have this for lunch). Sometimes tomato instead of avocado.

Snacks - can have a whole apple (eating one now) or a whole small banana.

Can eat a yoghurt.

Can drink whatever I want.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010, 5:41 am

I eat the same nearly 3 years out to what I did a year out..........

one sitting

half a cafe style hamburger
or
mcdonalds cheese burgers and some of a small fries
or
150gram steak and a tiny say 2 table spoon at most of veg. or salad
or
2 of those frozen fish bits, bigger than fish fingers and a tiny side salad, maybe a chip or two at most
or
280gram lean cuisine most of one or all of it on occasion.
or
2 slices of toast, smallish size ones I can have a couple of slices of ham on them larger ones just vegemite.
or
most of a cafe style toasted ham and cheese sandwhich, probably 3/4 BUT no where that of say a chicken and salad sandwhich done in a cafe.
or
subway wrap with NO lettuce and made up of sliced meats, I couldnt finish the steak and cheese one.
or
leg quarter of bbq chicken spoon peas and a couple of chips, the wing quarter is to big to finish.

Normal day for me is..............

yoghurt for breakfast

lean cuisine for lunch or 2 slices of the most grainy bread imaginable, love that stuff at the moment hehehe with a couple of slices of ham on it or just vegimite if I manage to find this to die for grainy stuff that is really large slices.

streak and salad or home made chicken thai meatballs again with salad or crumbed fish again with salad. or chiritzo mushroom and pesto pasta

I am on this salad and mulitgrain bread kick at the moment not a health thing just a total craving for them.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010, 3:38 am

Ok I am having lunch now, and I have just had 2 cruskits, and I have a cuppa soup here to have aswell. I will most likely get in another 2 cruskits during the soup. I only have marg on them.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010, 2:40 am

Hi Lisa,

Sorry, I wrote this in the other thread and only just found you'd started this one :-)

I believe (?) that our future capacity is about 250ml(rather than 250g)
350g of solid food wouldn't take up 350ml of space (how much depends on its density).
But if you are worried about it you could always try that "rice cream test" to see what your capacity is. (Here's a link to a thread about it : "Rice Cream Test" )

I hope that makes sense, I know what I mean but I'm not great at explaining :-)

-Carrie xx
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 11:15 pm

ditto that - stayed with an elderly relative and we had lean cuisines 2 nights - one i could finish and the other i couldn't...
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 10:56 pm

Me too Apple. Some days/weeks I can eat more, others much much less.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 3:35 pm

by the time it cooked it would have been under 300grams. 250ml give or take 50ml is normal. chances are next week you wont be able to finish it. i get the 280gram ones if i go slow I have finised the odd one, that tends to be when I get interupted eating heheh. but the next week I cant finish one. I have been like this for about 2 years now.

I have weeks when I feel I eat heaps then week like this when I struggle to fit something in 4 or 6 hours after my last meal.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
tamayles
Part of the furniture
tamayles

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 3:24 pm

I think it's 250ml

If you wizzed up that 350g meal would it fill a cup?

I think also depends on the density of the protien too How much can u eat in one sitting one year out 697586

Mind you I could also be completely wrong How much can u eat in one sitting one year out 314562 (it is the middle of the night and I have been woken from a deep sleep and now can't go back to sleep)
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
lmboyd
Part of the furniture
lmboyd

Female
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 1:37 pm

This topic was touched on in another thread. Upon reading this I panicked a little when it was quoted 'You can only eat 250grms of anything once fully healed if sleeve was done correctly' I just finished a Lean Cuisine , total weight 350grams should I be alarmed and is this normal, am I crazy...whoops that's another thread ! whaddaall think? How much can u eat in one sitting one year out 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much can u eat in one sitting one year out   How much can u eat in one sitting one year out Empty

Back to top Go down

How much can u eat in one sitting one year out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: