mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

my light globe moment has hit me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my light globe moment has hit me!   my light globe moment has hit me! EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012, 6:34 am

no problems...

Pre-op weight - 104kg Dec 09
went down to 85kg roughly ... so lost about 19kg in the first 3 months.
Then by Jan 2011 went up to 92kgs
Last year stayed the same - 92 - 94kg roughly.

My lowest weight should be approx 64kg, but I am hoping to get low 80kgs at this stage, then possibly look at getting to 75kg.

Hope that explains it better.... hehehe
Back to top Go down
Jodizzle
Jodizzle

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-01-27

PostSubject: Re: my light globe moment has hit me!   my light globe moment has hit me! EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 8:55 am

Hi Mapmar,

Sorry in advance if I sound a bit vague, but when you were sleeved, did you only have a small amount of weight to lose - say 20 - 25kg (not that that is particularly small, I would LOVE to lose that much weight!, anyway, then did you lose 15kg in the early days (say up to 3 months), then stop losing (still with 10kg to go) and end up gaining 6kg back?

Sorry if this is confusing, bit I am a little bit confused about the details in your post my light globe moment has hit me! 697586

Thanks in advance

Jodie
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: my light globe moment has hit me!   my light globe moment has hit me! EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 8:31 am

try eating 1500 calories, if you are not losing weight after 2 weeks, drop the calories down say, 50 or 100cals and trial for 2 weeks at the lower calories....
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: my light globe moment has hit me!   my light globe moment has hit me! EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 6:53 am

So I gotta make sure I eat 1500 cals per day?
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: my light globe moment has hit me!   my light globe moment has hit me! EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 6:39 am

Yes losing weight again CG.... and no - no typo.. I lost 15kg really quickly but have been stable for the last 18months... which drove me nuts until I realised that I was either eating not enough calories... sometimes under 1000 per day or the extreme of over 2000 per day.... this equates to maintaining weight, not losing weight!
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: my light globe moment has hit me!   my light globe moment has hit me! EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 6:36 am

Glad things are finally moving for you. So does that mean you are starting to lose weight again?
Back to top Go down
pixelgypsy

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: my light globe moment has hit me!   my light globe moment has hit me! EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 6:33 am

I have to ask....was there a typo when you said you have lost 15kg in 2 years?
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: my light globe moment has hit me!   my light globe moment has hit me! EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 4:57 am

HI everyone... I have not posted on here for quite some time, but have learnt a valuable lesson which has taken 2 years to discover. I thought it would be helpful sharing with you all.
A bit of background... I had my sleeve in Dec 09 and love everything about it. I had lost roughly 15kg but ended up putting a bit on... 6kg or so. I was picked to be in a UWA trial here in Perth... Psychological Benefits After Weightloss Surgery. The trial last for 3 months and I tell ya, I am loving it. For the first time ever in my diet history I have been counting calories. I am using myfitnesspal.com.au and it is a big eye opener. For women we should be eating approx 1500 cal per day and for men, 2000 cal per day. You try this for at least 2 weeks, then if you are not losing weight, drop it by about 50 - 100cal per day. Today I changed the way I look at what I am eating, especially calorie wise... Instead of eating and then putting it on myfitnesspal, I thought I would put down today what I thought I would be eating and it was like a light globe switching on. I have enough calories left over tonight, when I eat the most!, to eat some chocolate if I wish or to eat something a bit more healthy! LOL..... It is not about depriving what we love to eat but to realise that you have to be accountable for what you eat, so peoples, log onto myfitnesspal, try this and you will be surprised at how your weight comes off. I was never a believer in calorie counting but am now converted totally!.... Make sure that when you cook a
certain recipe, put it on myfitnesspal first and work out the calories
per serving! I learnt the hard way.... a molten chocolate cake with
icecream ... the size of a patty cake was 1055 calories!!! WHOOPSIE!!!
When you want to maintain your weight, drop me a line and I will tell you how many calories you need to eat to maintain...for me it is 2100cal! this is dependent on your age and weight you are when you are wanting to start maintaining. Good luck everyone! MY LIGHT GLOBE MOMENT HAS ARRIVED AGAIN! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my light globe moment has hit me!   my light globe moment has hit me! Empty

Back to top Go down

my light globe moment has hit me!
Page 1 of 1