4 posters
AuthorMessage
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Food Trouble - Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Trouble - Meat   Food Trouble - Meat EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013, 10:32 am

I am 6 months out and still cook my meats in a pressure cooker or have mince.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Food Trouble - Meat   Food Trouble - Meat EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013, 6:10 am

What you have to remember is that if you're not eating much meat, you'll need to bump up your protien with other foods/drinks. 

Protien is the main thing dietitians will tell you to consume and you have to have that first in every meal.
Back to top Go down
Bailey1275

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Food Trouble - Meat   Food Trouble - Meat EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013, 6:04 am

Try cooking the meat in a slow cooker - it is much softer and more moist so it might go down easier.  I made a lovely "stew" the other day with chunks of steak, mushrooms and some beef stock/water ... then added some gravy mix towards the end to make a nice gravy ... it was melt in the mouth yummy.  I ended up eating about 2 bites before I was full but my little 16 month old nephew loved it :)

But I find meat more difficult to eat as it takes a while to digest and therefore makes me feel much fuller much quicker.

I tend to find I am sticking to more vegetarian meals now rather the deal with the discomfort of eating meat products.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Food Trouble - Meat   Food Trouble - Meat EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013, 5:16 am

I agree with Liz, try some sauces or chicken thighs instead.

My dietician said that I was allowed to have a sip or two at meal times if what I'm eating was too dry but not to drink a whole glass.

I wish you luck with it all. It does get easier :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food Trouble - Meat   Food Trouble - Meat EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013, 1:32 am

I have always had problems with chicken breasts and I know that there are a lot of sleevers who have problems post-op. The chicken breast is too dry when cooked. That's is all the problem is. Either combine with a sauce, or switch to chicken thighs. Easy fix.

Steak would be the same, however with steak you can choose medium rare for example so it isn't as dry. Gravy or sauce to help go down too.
Back to top Go down
Tasha Aniela

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Food Trouble - Meat   Food Trouble - Meat EmptyTue 17 Sep 2013, 8:09 pm

Hi All, another newbie found your forum ;)

I had my sleeve done 20/06/2013 with Dr Dolan @ Hollywood. 3 months in and I've just broken the 20kg barrier. (108kg > 88kg).

Everything went incredibly well and my surgeon was amazing. I've gone off several foods and see from forums that's common however the only thing I'm struggling with is meat.

Mainly chicken breast, steaks etc

No matter how small the bite is or how much I chew she won't go down and I end up making myself sick to get rid of the discomfort.

I think it's because it is dry however I can't drink at the same time either cause I again throw up.

3 months in I should be able to digest this sort of food and was just wandering if anyone else had same/similar experiences with it and if they were able to overcome it.

I'm also on Facebook if that's easier. tasha.aniela89 at facebook.com

It's fantastic to be able to connect to people experiencing the same procedure and just wanted to say a huge congratulations to both those waiting for / considering the procedure and those who have gone through with it. You should all be so proud of your efforts to reclaim your life and start living.

Tasha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food Trouble - Meat   Food Trouble - Meat Empty

Back to top Go down

Food Trouble - Meat
Page 1 of 1