sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Who can eat meat???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyTue 17 May 2011, 4:00 am

Nearly 3 years out have no prob with meat but can only have about 4 to 5 bites and im full up to pussys bow

hugs sue
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 10:33 pm

I can eat any meat - but find it fills me up more than other types of food. More dense I guess.
Back to top Go down
antsinpants
Part of the furniture
antsinpants

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 2:22 pm

I only had trouble with red meat early on - and I found that was mostly when I didn't concentrate and CHEW properly!!!

Now at 8 months out - I have no problem :)
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 12:53 pm

I can eat meat -all types. I have eaten steak and chops. I was sleeved in February.
Back to top Go down
fleastar1977

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 12:40 pm

Hi I spoke to my friend she said her Drs have known about this for a while n that she can eat some meat just not alot of the time, sometimes it comes back other times it doesn't, I told her how concerned I was.
She was like don't stress lol I guess as I'm getting closer I'm fearing alot of things but I know by doing this my biggest fear or dying at a young age will b alot different :)
Hugs fleastar
Back to top Go down
Kaia
Kaia

Female
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 10:49 am

There is a post around here somewhere, from a man who also couldn't eat meat - or tolerate alcohol and it turned out he had helicobacter pylori... not sure I spelt that right, anyhow, will see if I can find the post...

found it :D

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t5731-it-s-been-8-months

Last edited by Kaia on Mon 16 May 2011, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found the link!)
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 10:46 am

That's odd. I would have thought she'd seek help before being that far out if something still makes her sick... I haven't heard of anyone who can't tolerate anything that far out. Some people do need gravy or veggies with their meat to soften it up, and have to chew pretty well. Maybe she needs a swallow test to see if she has a stricture and needs the sleeve stretched a bit?
Back to top Go down
fleastar1977

Female

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 10:42 am

Hi thanks every one
Regarding why?? I'm not sure, I know she gets sick n brings it back :(
I know she has been to the dr so I'm not really sure the answers his given her but when she told me I thought crap that's wh I posted
I hope when I'm sleeved n healed i will b able to eat some meat
Xx
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 10:25 am

fleastar1977 wrote:
I have a friend who's been sleeved for a year n still can not eat meat red & white
Why?
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 9:09 am

I am four weeks post sleeve and can eat chicken and mince no problems. I haven't tried to eat steak or roast meat yet. I do make sure I chew it really well, I had some chicken breast Saturday night, it was really dry, so I only managed a couple of mouthfuls, but I didn't actually like it. It went down ok, I felt fine, I just didn't like the taste.
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Part of the furniture
Samantha

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 8:30 am

Hi,

Im a little over 6 months out and and not had any problem with meat as far as texture goes. The only problem i had/have was with sausages from the bbq because of the fat content. Made me feel sick and all the fat bubbled up like dumping i guess. Now i just avoid bbq snags mainly because of that bad experience id rather have chicken or venison on the bbq. I have had low fat gourmet sausages with no problem. I have trim pork, lamb, chicken or beef most days.

Sam
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 8:04 am

I still find meat a bit of a bother, but I am only eight weeks out. I can eat it if its really soft in casseroles, but eating chicken, mince or steak makes me queasy. A mouthful or two is OK, but any more, and I feel sick, fish is OK.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 7:59 am

I can eat anything.

Had my first mince meat at 4 weeks post op, and a small steak at 6 weeks post op, no probs!!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
loving5
loving5

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 3:38 am

I Have never had any trouble eating anything. I did have a few months where anything too sweet gave me a sugar rush but that's it.
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 3:30 am

i can eat anything - obviously some things take more room than others ie i can eat a bag of chips or chocolate OR a small steak, it's just what i choose
i was fine with meat about 8 weeks on
Back to top Go down
Big Softie

Female
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 3:28 am

Hi, I am 4 weeks post op and ate lamb last night! I would agree with Chris, your friend should consult her Dr.

Z
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 3:18 am

Hi Fleastar
Most people have no problems eating meat - not immediately, of course, but within months, not years.
I would advise your friend to go back and see her doctor, as she should definitely be able to eat meat one year out.
Best wishes for your surgery.
Back to top Go down
fleastar1977

Female

PostSubject: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 2:41 am

Hi everyone :)
As u all may know I'm having my sleeve done on the 8th September this year :)
I've got a question to everyone who has already had the sleeve done about eating meat once your surgery was done.
Ok so if u have been sleeved can your new stomach handle you eating meat?
I have a friend who's been sleeved for a year n still can not eat meat red & white, so I'm just wanting to see if this happens to most people??
Thanks fleastar1977
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who can eat meat????   Who can eat meat???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who can eat meat????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: