AuthorMessage
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Meat   Eating Meat EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 1:03 pm

Hi, slow cookers are great to end up with really tender fall apart meats and chicken won't dry out either.slow cookers are great for the winter meals,add heaps of veggies too and you can make yummy thick soups with them.i have started using my slow cooker much more as the meats always end up so tender.
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Meat   Eating Meat EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 12:13 pm

Steaming sounds like a good idea Shyne. I just want to make sure I am eating enough protein.
Kil you will love getting back onto normal food.
Back to top Go down
Kil1980

Female
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-04-17

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Meat   Eating Meat EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 4:30 am

I Love my slowcooker and you can do a roast in there to... Im 4 weeks post op and start on the soft stage this week .I love this web site www.taste.com.au .. Go in and type in patties....it gives some amazing pattie recipes that would be excellent for the soft stage...somthing different anyway...

I am a huge foodie and still enjoying cooking ..Quinoa is also really nice as well ..cant wait to try some new recieps with this...

todate im 17.5 kg down....Really cant wait to move on to soft foods ..

Glad everyone else is going well
Back to top Go down
Shyne
Shyne

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2013-03-13

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Meat   Eating Meat EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 2:15 am

Chicken is tricky because it's easy overcooked and can become dry.
I tend to steam my chicken, or as your cooking, place about a 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of the pan and put a lid on to steam it but still retain the "fried" flavours.
With meat, I eat a small mouthful, and wait a minute or two after swallowing before even lifting the fork to have another piece....And I see how I feel.
Often with Meat if I eat it "normally" or at normal pace I over do it. So I take it very slow.
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Meat   Eating Meat EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 12:34 pm

Thanks for your replies.
Blue bags I have a slow cooker and agree meat cooked in that is great. I seem to cope with chicken thighs ok maybe not so dry, but tonight my hubby cooked the crap out of the chicken breast and I think it was just to tough.
I like the idea of fish cakes, yummy. That whole chew thing is easy to forget also.
Might try eye fillet steak with some gravy.
I have precooked a chilli concarn for dinner tomorrow night which I reckon will slip straight down.
Sassy it sunny cause my hubby used to be so scared that I would eat all of his dinner, took ages to get him to trust me that I only wanted a smidgen lol.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Meat   Eating Meat EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 12:26 pm

Hi, i do the same as i love steak too. I buy a large piece for my other half and cut a tiny end bit off for me,i try to buy very lean and quality meat and cut it into tiny pieces for my share,that way you tend to not scoff it and eat it much better than chewing on large lumps that you may try to swallow and possibly will be too big.So far i have had no problems with it and i still use my portion of a 1/2 a cup so i dont go over board. I also add some steamed vegies of the green kind,great meal.
Back to top Go down
kegs
Part of the furniture
kegs

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-12-20

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Meat   Eating Meat EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 12:26 pm

if you get over mince, try using chicken mince. I don't eat meat but my kids do and I usually make one meal with the chicken mince, whether its tacos or meatballs or whatever. It seems to be a bit lighter and is a bit of variety.

Also you can whizz fish or prawns up and make fish cakes or put it in wontons and steam, they're bloody beautiful and slip down the throat no worries while still getting the protein :)
Back to top Go down
tryto

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2013-03-11

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Meat   Eating Meat EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 12:22 pm

I am 6 weeks post op and I have been doing slow cooking meats, and it seems to be sitting well as it is so tender, but I still chew the heck out of the meat still though lol. also tried mince for the first time (eg mild mince curry etc) and it seemed to site well too, while cooking the mince I made sure that I broke up the mince so that there wasn't any big lumps in it if that make sense. but to be honest I cant wait for the day to try a good piece of steak (love my steak) but I'm not game to try a nice good piece of steak yet lol
Back to top Go down
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Meat   Eating Meat EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 12:17 pm

I find that I do better if I cut it into tiny pieces as well as chewing like mad :) I love steak, so have swapped to eye fillet... it's expensive - but I only need a tiny piece at a time, so it's not that much dearer than when I used to buy meat before ... just better quality and not as tough :)
All the best - hope you find the happy medium soon Eating Meat 542174 Eating Meat 542174
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Meat   Eating Meat EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 12:13 pm

I had baked lamb tonight and although it didn't come back up it sat like lead and made me feel at lot of pain. I have had mince with no trouble at all so if it is making you sick I think stick to minced for a while. Also how long did you cook the chicken maybe stick to slow cooking rather then fast as with chicken tonight.

If you don't have a slow cooker they are pretty cheap at Big W and Kmart etc I think slow cooking of all meats would be better put in on in the morning leave all day the meat should fall apart easy its boring but maybe safer.

Tonight was my first and last baked joint for a few more months my tummy was not ready I am dragging my slow cooker out again they make great curry and stews.
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Eating Meat   Eating Meat EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 11:37 am

I am 12weeks post op today and would like to compare how everyone is going eating any types of meat.
Tonight I had a small amount of chicken breast cooked in Chicken Tonight sauce, I only got about 6 tiny cubes of chicken in and after about 15 minutes it all came back up.
What is the best way to eat any sorts of meat without the struggle .
Any tips much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eating Meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating Meat   Eating Meat Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating Meat
Page 1 of 1