AuthorMessage
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Thought I would share for those struggling with meat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought I would share for those struggling with meat   Thought I would share for those struggling with meat EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 5:20 am

They sound yummy. Might have to try them out!
Back to top Go down
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Thought I would share for those struggling with meat Empty
PostSubject: Thought I would share for those struggling with meat   Thought I would share for those struggling with meat EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 1:43 am

I am still struggling to eat red meat, and having anemia, my GP did tell me I need to try and get at least 3 serves a week. So, I ended up experimenting a little with some legume patties and adding red meat to them, but I did it the cheats way.. very easy and quick to make, and the texture is a lot softer so easier to consume.

500 grams of lean heart smart beef mince
1 tin of El Paso Mexe beans
1 tin of El Paso Refried beans
2 eggs
garlic
150 grams orgran quinoa crumbs (you can use any crumbs, I use these though as they are gluten free)

Cook the mince in a large pot until just cooked, then add the el paso cans and mix. Add the eggs, garlic, and quinoa and mix quickly.

Then using a tablespoon and a teaspoon form round meat balls and drop onto a baking tray (lined with baking paper), cook in the oven on 180 for about 20 mins or until brown.

Variation: I also like to add extra chilli paste and some freshly chopped parsley

The batch makes approx 50 meat balls containing a total of 90 calories per ball, and 6.65 grams of protein
Back to top Go down

Thought I would share for those struggling with meat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: