nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) Empty
PostSubject: Re: week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast)   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyWed 31 Dec 2008, 7:36 am

i havent really had any problems eating meat. chicken has been good for quite awhile now and even though i have only eaten steak about 6 times in the last 6 months i dont seem to have any problems with it...but i do tend to only have it when we have fillet or scotch fillet ( thats why i have only had it 6 times...lol). I dont eat fish other than the naughty way of being fried and have had that a couple of times with no problems. I also had some turkey rolled breast a couple of days ago and that was fine also.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast)   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyWed 31 Dec 2008, 12:21 am

Hi there
My dear, I found fish difficult to have for the first few months after the op. That's not the same for everyone, though. I can eat it okay again now, but can eat more or less of it, depending on the type. I still have difficulty with big lumps of meat - they do go down, but I just feel uncomfortable so I generally avoid them. Otherwise, I can pretty much eat anything I like, just in vastly smaller portions. I'm sorry your husband isn't more sensitive to your needs - perhaps a gentle reminder might help?
Kahuna Lou, my husband is trying to lose weight too, although not so much as I had to lose! He's watching what he eats, and has done quite well, losing about 12 kilos this year. So when we go out, we order one meal and share it. We just ask for an extra plate and cutlery - sometimes we get an odd look, but they always accommodate us, especially if we just say "we'll be sharing". Though I think sometimes they think we're sharing because we can't afford more, and even give us a little more than the usual portion, too - a pity it's lost on us! LOL Sharing a children's portion will be funny, though!
Oh, but as for farmers' markets, I love going there - I don't have breakfast, and then I can do the taste testing - a few olives here, a few bites of cheese there, a taste of something else. By the time we've gone around, I've had enough to fill me up, and can then sit down to a coffee while hubby has some food as well.
I agree, too, that it's hard to get used to throwing food away, but it does get easier over time. You can always put it in the compost bin, and then it's not entirely wasted!
Chris
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast)   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyTue 30 Dec 2008, 11:51 pm

I couldnt eat fish for a wile it tasted yuk and i love fish especially wen caught fresh by myelf but i can have now with no problems dont know why it tasted like yuk but im glad that didnt last to long

Cheers Sue
Back to top Go down
mydear
mydear

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: yea....... fish   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyTue 30 Dec 2008, 4:07 pm

thanks KahunaLou,
your lunch sounded so good. i can't wait until i can have some real food. i really miss eating. i wish my hubby was more sensitive to what i'm going through here. he's cooking fried chicken and homes fries almost every night week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) 19756 making the house smell like i-Hop. i just close my door and turn on my gospel or read until i fall to sleep. it would be a blessing if he was making home made soup that we both could eat and maybe have a sandwich later, after i go to bed.

thanks for the reply, mydear
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast)   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyTue 30 Dec 2008, 3:12 pm

I love smoked salmon (lox) on bagels with cream cheese as well as other fish.

No problems encountered other than the size of the portions. Again, my eyes are still bigger than my stomach, so half a bagel with 3 oz of lox and about a tablespoon of fat-free cream cheese will fill me. A full lox/cream cheese bagel lasts the entire morning.

I've successfully eaten fish dinners (not fried!) with no after effects. The only problem I'm facing now is that I can't eat the entire meal, and fish just doesn't taste right reheated.

That's probably the biggest change now. The heartbreaking idea that one actually has to throw food away that cannot be reheated. week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) 427584

Yesterday my wife and I went down to L.A. and we stopped at an outdoor farmer's market (The Grove) for lunch where I had a small bowl of fish gumbo containing shrimp, fish, and rice in a vegetable stew. While a little spicy, it went down ok with no after-effects. I stayed away from the jambalaya. I'm not ready for that (way too spicy). She's on full liquids for at least another week, so she brought her lunch with her.

Now that my wife had her gastric by-pass, we're joking (but also may be serious), that soon we'll be ordering off the childrens menu and split it so we don't have leftovers.
Back to top Go down
mydear
mydear

Female

PostSubject: meat   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyTue 30 Dec 2008, 12:13 pm

hi sue thanks for the reply,

wow, i see from everyone's reply that eating meats are going to be a challenge. so i'm not going to push it at all. how are you guys with fish? i love almost all the boneless fish and shell fish.

just wanting to know what my options are, mydear
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast)   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyTue 30 Dec 2008, 10:10 am

Hello My Dear;

I am six months out and still have trouble with meat at times if i have trouble i just leave it a few more weeks and try again. I love your name . Just remember slow and easy.(something i forget at times) but its the best thing ive ever done for myself being sleeved.

Cheers Sue week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) 63412
Back to top Go down
mydear
mydear

Female

PostSubject: Re: week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast)   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyMon 29 Dec 2008, 8:10 pm

look what my sister brought me .
it only has a mention of the sleeve.

but the do'd and the don'ts after WLS are the same for all the surgery.

take it easy and don't over work your new stomach, in time you'll be able to eat more just not as much as you did before you had surgery

thank you all so much for all your help. i promise to be a better student from here on out.

hi shanna thanks for the welcome.

wishing you guys all the best in the new year, mydear

week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) Th_Picture311

Last edited by mydear on Mon 29 Dec 2008, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i had a hard time getting the pic to show)
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast)   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyMon 29 Dec 2008, 7:38 pm

That's good news, My Dear - I'm glad that it's working for you.
After 6 months, I still have trouble with lumps of meat, but it's getting better. Lots of people don't, though.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Dear My Dear   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyMon 29 Dec 2008, 6:39 pm

Yes - Finally another New Yorker joins the forum. Much luck on your weight journey.
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast)   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyMon 29 Dec 2008, 4:04 pm

week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) 446871'

Excellent, mydear! You're getting the message as I believe we all have at one time or another.

I had the same thing as you happen during my recovery on a couple of occasions (search my posts), and I think the trials and tribulations of not only rushing, but the food changes are more common than you think, so I'm coming from shared experience.

I was able to tolerate beef and pork for a period at around week 6-7, then I regressed and even now after 5 months, when I attempt them again, they sit in my stomach and I get "that feeling." I'm mainly on broth or sauce-soaked skinless poultry and beans for my protein, along with protein supplements (shakes and bars), soft vegetables and fruit. Yogurts and sugar-free popsicles are still the main desserts.

The foods still look really good, but my conditioning tells me otherwise and I've been religious with the plan as a result.

Stay the course and you'll see the results very soon, if not already. week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) 63412
Back to top Go down
mydear
mydear

Female

PostSubject: week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast)   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) EmptyMon 29 Dec 2008, 1:34 pm

i've heard it from the posters here and from both my sister and daughter, but i really didn't understand what all the fuss was about week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) 89269

maybe i was in deniel, or just wanted to do it my way or maybe i could only hear my constance companion, the hunger week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) 68366, but it all came to a head this week week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) 314562

first i tried a scramble egg with half a turkey sausage. the egg went down well, but the sausage just laid at the bottom of my throat, making it very hard for me to breath week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) 302927

next time was when i tried a few sls of roast chicken that i made for christmas. in it went and before i know what was happening, out it came week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) 302927 i dont know if tried to eat to much to fast or if i didn't chew it enough

my point
take...... it........ slow......... don't try and eat to much to soon. don't over work your new stomach let your stomach heal,

since the 26th of dec. i've been only eating

protein shakes w/ skim plus
cottage cheese w/ stage 1 baby fruit
broth w small amounts of purred veggies
tea w/ lemon & sweetner
yogurt
S/F ice pops sometimes
crushed meds

and i haven't had any problems with that plan, week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) 63412

so that's where i'm at until i see my doctor and nutritionist on the 15th of January

thanks KahunaLou and Christ for trying to teach this old dog a trick or two, but same of us have to learn the hard way.

i think i finally got it.......Mydear[url][/url]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast)   week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast) Empty

Back to top Go down

week 2 (boy was i moving toooo fast)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: