Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
swtlatina19@hotmail.com

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-04-01

3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty!   3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty! EmptyThu 30 Apr 2009, 11:09 pm

Thank you all for your responses. I am now one month and a week post op, and i have been drinking more liquids frequently. I find that Crystal light is a thirst quencher and Ice has become my new best friend. I dont get as thirsty anymore.
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty!   3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty! EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 11:46 pm

Isn't gatorade fairly salty in itself? It probably isn't helping you that much. Broth can also be fairly salty (esp commercial ones)

Also... the gap of waiting 2 hours before you drink anything is probably a little too long. I was told 30 minutes - 1 hour... if you wait 2 hours, you probably will find it very difficult to get enough water in through the day.
Sophia
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty!   3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty! EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 11:20 pm

you should be sipping all day. only a couple of mouth fulls and small ones at that , but constantly, all day ,sipping. You do not want to be dehydrated and have to go to hospital. small sips all day
Back to top Go down
swtlatina19@hotmail.com

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty!   3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty! EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 11:10 pm

Thank you all for giving me input. In the morning I drink 3 oz of gatorade to "quench the thrist" with my meds....then I wait 2 hours and drink 3 oz of proteins. then wait another 2 hours and suck on ice, or drink water or drink more gatorade or sf popsicles. then i try to sip on broth. then i am done. I am afraid that if i drink to much i might stretch the little pouch or cause damage. I know maybe I am over reacting. I have my first appt post op on thrus, I will speak to the doc about this.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty!   3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty! EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 6:37 am

I know how hard it is to get in enough fluids. carry around a water bottle with you everwhere you go. constantly sip .just small mouth fulls at a time you should be about to get in about 100mls per hour at least. don't over do it with the mouth fulls . one at a time, every 5 minutes.
It is hard but you will get use to it ,sip sip sip , not too much that it makes you sick and you can add cordial with it if you like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty!   3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty! EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 5:54 am

Its possible you're a bit dehydrated. Just keep drinking you'll catch up eventually. It can take a fair bit of effort to get enough fluid in in the early days. Keep track of how much you are drinking, it might not be as much as you think :)
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Thirsty   3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty! EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 5:49 am

How much a day are you drinking?
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty!   3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty! EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 5:48 am

Keep drinking?
You have not provided a quantative amount of water / fluids that you are drinking so it is hard to judge if you are drinking a sufficient amount.
Back to top Go down
swtlatina19@hotmail.com

Female

PostSubject: 3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty!   3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty! EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 4:13 am

I have been trying to get all my liquids in, but it seems that no matter how much water I drink I still feel thirsty. I eat ice chips now and they help but as soon as I am done, my mouth feels dries and this immerse feeling of thirst comes over me. Has anyone experience this before? If so, how were you able to cope with the thirst?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty!   3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty! Empty

Back to top Go down

3 weeks and Half post op and feeling extremely thirsty!
Page 1 of 1