Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated.

Go down 
+2
Tamara
LC780
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosie
Rosie

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-04-02

1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated.   1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated. EmptyFri 10 Apr 2009, 3:44 am

Hi Lynda

I am 4 days post op today (op was Monday and today is Friday) and have been having sugarfree Powerade in addition to water to try and stay hydrated.

I know I'm not drinking enough, volume wise (sip sip sip) but I figure it would give me an extra boost (and the sugarfree is better of course)!! They also come with the 'sports top' which makes little sips easy.

Oh, and I like the pic idea as well!!!
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated.   1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated. EmptyThu 09 Apr 2009, 4:26 am

Yes, there isn't much knowledge re the sleeve - what a great idea to use that pic!

I usually say "I have had 85% of my stomach cut out." Nice, dramatic and to the point... except I said that to a Doctor friend, then realised she thought it was due to some nasty cancer / medical condition!

Sophia
Back to top Go down
LC780

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: 1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated.   1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated. EmptyThu 09 Apr 2009, 3:27 am

Thanks for all ur replies.
went to the after hours gp clinic at the hospital last night... i am (was) dehydrated :-(
he said the same- just keep pushing urself to drink drink drink - he said any more probs today and go to er.

will try the tea - and jelly have some setting as we speak..... also tried calipo's ... mmm tooo sweet !! but did the trick ..

oh thought i would ask if anyone else found that they are explaining the sleeve to ppl ?? i had to explain to the dr and the nurse last night.... hmm weird - almost like having to justify why i didnt have a band - mind u they had no idea what the sleeve was ... anyhow now i cut one of the pic's from post op booklet and have put in my wallet - as they say a pic tells a thousand words. lol

Thanks again
LC
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: 1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated.   1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated. EmptyThu 09 Apr 2009, 1:52 am

Hi Lynda,

I found peppermint tea was easy to drink and also low cal jelly is a another way to get some fluids which is easy to get down.
Even had a cappacino yesterday. I have milk in my weetbix of a morning and also am eating lots of soups. Do whatever it takes to get those fuilds in.

Max
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: 1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated.   1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated. EmptyWed 08 Apr 2009, 4:12 pm

Lynda,
I am 1 week 2 days post op and yesterday was the first day I started feeling better.
I felt dehydrated as I couldn't get enough to drink either, but finally am starting to get the relief. i was so bloated with fluids being pumped into me, that I swollen al over and gained 10 lbs from the hospital stay. As of this morning, I lost that along with 2 more lbs. My dehyrdation seemed to stop once I all of sudden started peeing and couldn't stop, must have released the valve or something. Just keep sipping and moving around as much as you can. Get off th epain meds if you can, they don't help you get up and about. I felt better off the pain meds and now get around great! Had 2 hour appt today with lots of walking and did fine. I was told to get up as soon as possible and walk around as much as you can. I had my staples and tube drain removed yesterday and I felt totally freed up once again, so that helped too.
Hope that helps,
Oma
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: 1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated.   1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated. EmptyWed 08 Apr 2009, 8:12 am

If you are worried I would call your doctor/surgeon, I ended up dehydrated and on a drip 3 weeks after surgery, and I had to spend 5 hours in emergency, as that's how bad I was.

I hope that you are ok, but honestly it wouldnt hurt to call your surgeon.
Back to top Go down
LC780

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: 1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated.   1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated. EmptyWed 08 Apr 2009, 8:08 am

Hi Friends

I am 1 week and 2 days post op and i feel very dehydrated :-(
I am sip sip sipping away and nothing is quencing my thirst?
i even tried a kids icee and didnt do anything 4 me?

I am starting to get a bit worried and thinking of going to dr/emergency to see if i need to go on a drip?

Am i just being a worry wort ? have others felt this also ? Any ideas how i can try overcome this ?

I have also noticed that my legs ache after 2 mins of walking - feels like i have no muscle... i am sure this is normal but feels very worrying cause in my mind i want to walk but body has suddenly started telling me otherwise ..

Would appreciate if anyone has any suggestions...

Thanks
Lynda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated.   1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated. Empty

Back to top Go down

1 week Post op and feeling very dehydrated.
Page 1 of 1