greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

1 week post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 week post op   1 week post op EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015, 5:58 am

Water is hard for most people after the sleeve.  I dont' know the exact science behind it, but if you search this site I'm sure there is a good explenation about the surface tension of water.  Flavour your water, or make yourself some iced tea, or icypoles with cordial or half water half juice.  Whatever you can do to get the water in at this stage.  Personally I loved and still love ribena.  Icypoles are a perfectly legitimate way to get fluid.

I think 1 week out I was also drinking lots of half water half pear juice to help myself in the toilet department! hehe

you can also use your shakes to create icy poles if your ok with the flavour.
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

1 week post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 week post op   1 week post op EmptyWed 23 Dec 2015, 12:35 pm

Sammy pumpkin soup is OK as long as it is not too thick. Also you might try the Chobani yoghurts, the ones you can drink as they have a good amount of protein in them.

Also 7.6kg in one week is a fantastic drop so your body might be levelling out a bit or you may not be eating enough but you will start to see the weight drop again. It might also be part of your monthly cycle

Just concentrate on getting the fluid in, especially in this hot weather as you do not want to risk being dehydrated. You should probably ensure that the flavoured water does not have too much sugar in it as that can make you more dehydrated.

This too shall pass. Don't panic and sip, sip, sip
Back to top Go down
Sammy86

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-11-15

1 week post op Empty
PostSubject: 1 week post op   1 week post op EmptyWed 23 Dec 2015, 11:09 am

Hi everyone,
I'm 1 week post op and still on the fluid stage it's so hard to only have fluid
I can't stomach plain water any more or the shakes so I've been having flavored water and pumpkin soup is this ok for my fluid stage?

Also I lost 7.6kg with in the first 5 days of surgery but haven't lost anything since then is that normal I'm worried because I'm not having shakes and water that I'm not getting the best results possible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1 week post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 week post op   1 week post op Empty

Back to top Go down

1 week post op
Page 1 of 1