2 posters
AuthorMessage
jaleci12

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-05-04

Post Op 1 week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Op 1 week   Post Op 1 week EmptySat 24 Aug 2013, 1:11 am

Yes I felt like that in the beginning, once I started to have mush and more solid food that stopped. And now if I feel something I have it....but can only have small amt anyway but it satisfys the craving.
Back to top Go down
Acodream

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Post Op 1 week Empty
PostSubject: Post Op 1 week   Post Op 1 week EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013, 2:43 am

It is 1 week post -op. Although as far as the food phases go I am only in day 5,  as the Surgeon pointed out "It only begins when you leave Hospital"  I am still in the liquid phase, which is not as bad as I had expected. I was feeling a bit unwell up until day 5, after which I stopped taking panadol and now feel pretty good. I am still a bit tender around the stomach area, as to be expected.

Food of course is liquid and as advised by the dietician is every 30min about 100-150ml of fluid. Mainly it consists of thin soups(they all taste the same), vegetable juices, liquid breakfasts, fruit juices and water with an occasional Optifast thrown in.

I still have to cook for the three kids, but haven't really had any problems there with wanting to try food that is not in the equation yet.

One thing I have noticed is a thing , what I will call, Head Hungry. The situation goes like this. I have eaten/drank and I am physically full. I could not put an other thing in my stomach because if I did I would hurt myself, yet my heasd want some thing fatty, sugary etc. Bacon, chocolate cake. Anybody have this type of reaction?
Back to top Go down

Post Op 1 week
Page 1 of 1