Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

1 Week post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 Week post-op   1 Week post-op EmptyMon 29 Jun 2009, 8:40 am

Well done Pricey. So glad to hear things are going well for you. Good for you on getting your head around not being able to eat much already.
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

1 Week post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 Week post-op   1 Week post-op EmptySun 28 Jun 2009, 5:41 am

So glad everything has gone well for you Pricey and it only gets better

Cheers Sue 1 Week post-op 63412
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

1 Week post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 Week post-op   1 Week post-op EmptySun 28 Jun 2009, 4:44 am

Thanks for that update Pricey.

Sounds like you're happy with your sleeve so far. That's great and I hope it continues to be an easy adjustment for you. Enjoy the weight falling off in the first couple of weeks. It's fantastic.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Pricey
Pricey

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-27

1 Week post-op Empty
PostSubject: 1 Week post-op   1 Week post-op EmptySun 28 Jun 2009, 4:16 am

Hi everybody, well it's the 7th day after my operation on Mon 22nd. What a wonderful feeling of gratitude and appreciation i have for people who have shared their experiences either in person or via this website. No need to tell you guys that have had the operation how i felt after waking up and the following 2 or 3 days. Just needed to get through initial intakes and pain management, followed by the barium swallow.
And up until that stage i was doing fine went down still sore and sorry for my x-ray and stood in the machine...... Took in a mouthful of the dye stuff and swallowed as required. Repeat as necessary.... cool, got through that and went back to my room.
About 30 mins later the tummy rumbles started....... then for the next 48 hrs to the hour i was rumbling and running to the toilet. Out of the things i have researched on this procedure that was not something i noted..... and i tell you all it p#issed me off no end.
Not really a problem as much as i wasn't expecting it so I wasn't prepared. Anyways that resolved itself on Friday when i returned home. I spent an extra night in the hospital as we have a 3hour journey from the hospital in Rockhampton to our home in Emerald.

Since i have been home my recovery has really improved. I even went to my son's footy game in Blackwater which is a 150Km round trip on Saturday and had a blast.

Things have changed already. I'm not looking at food with the feeling of "man a piece of that would be good" feeling. I have felt hungry once and had some pureed casserole, about 100mls and was full and satisfied. That was the first real food i have had post-op and it suprised me just how quickly the feeling of satiety come on. I stopped eating and was full and satisfied for hours.
Having not eaten food for 3 weeks i felt kinda ripped off that i couldn't eat more but then realised well what's the problem? Your full, you feel satisfied, that's what you wanted........ yessssssss! So i'm a fare way down the track of reprogramming the amount i need in my head.

Anyway i just wanted to put my thoughts and feelings down and share them with everybody. I have been treated well by all my physicians and medical staff, i have family and friends support as well as the support of my work and work mates so i haven't anything to be disappointed about and every reason to be thankful.

Plus...... everytime somebody wants to weigh me i'm jumping on that thing..... i want to see the weight because "i ain't gunna be this heavy ever again".

Let's keep listening to the people that have not had a good run with this procedure and just as importantly, let's keep sharing the good experiences....

Cheers for now every body.
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wpyK6Cc/]
Sponsored content

1 Week post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1 Week post-op   1 Week post-op Empty

Back to top Go down

1 Week post-op
Page 1 of 1