AuthorMessage
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-15

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 11:58 pm

Well, I've already fed my horses breakfast...
*unceremoniously sticks tongue out at deb*
Almost time to feed them dinner... *groans*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thecloudpainter
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 11:55 pm

Self righteously gloating- already done that today
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 11:36 pm

Ooopsie...
Guess it didn't work today... LOL!
You don't miss a thing, eh? Sharp one, you are...

Thank heavens for my horses, or I'd need to be surgically extricated from this sofa... *grins*

We should at least go for a walk...
*prods Deb... long distance*
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 11:25 pm

Somebody told me you should try a milky coffee when that happens
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 11:21 pm

Deb...
Ugh!
I'm stuck to the sofa...
It's swallowing me whole...
help!

ROFLMAO!
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 11:17 pm

Thanks Cloudpainter, I am determined to be a bit more productive today :)
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 9:44 pm

I think so, Deb... *s*
I felt definitely *sloth-like*...
Have some milky coffee... it may be artificial, but it is energy.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 9:07 pm

Wow! I think I have hit week 3 a day early.
Yesterday (day 20) and day 2 of mushies.
I haven't slept during the day since about 2 weeks after the op.
Yesterday I got up, went for an 80 min walk (have been doing this daily or 2x 40mins), had my Supradayn, watered the plants, had my soluble calcium supplement then was so tired I went back to bed before breakfast.
In the afternoon I had to get my spare car tyre fixed (got a screw in it) and went to the bank.
Came home so tired I needed another sleep.
Did bugger all in the evening-just watched TV, then went to bed at about 23:00.

Is this what week 3 is about?
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 8:37 pm

Good advice, faddingaway...

I guess I should stop posting at 5AM... LOL!
I give way too much info...
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 4:49 pm

I wouldn't go swimming . This would open up your wound again. And there is a big possability of infection. Wait a few more weeks till you get in the water for extended periods. Go for a walk instead.
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-01-14

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 3:20 pm

It sounds like 3 to 4 weeks before things heal, so I guess, I will just have to swim in the shallow section up to my thighs. LOL
Thanks for your replies,
Oma
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 1:39 pm

I am day 29 (1/13/09) today, and still have 2 scabs, although they are small.
Now, one is where I had 2 sutures from where a drain tube was.
The other is where the incision oozed a bit after I got home.
Now, in 2 of my incisions, I found absorbable suture material sticking
out. I just cut them short with nippers.
The rest of the suture sites are nicely healed up.
I still wouldn't recommend swimming though.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
saraharm

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-02

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyMon 09 Feb 2009, 2:44 pm

Hi Oma, i had my op 28/01/09 and my dressings are off, just tiny scabs so going of my experience i would say you would be fine but everyone is different so you would just have to see nearer the time.

good luck
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyMon 09 Feb 2009, 10:38 am

Hi Oma, I am 18 days out today and the last dressing was just removed. 4 of the 5 incisions are healed up nicely but that last on is a bit concave with a bit of a scab in it. I am leaving it uncovered on the surgeons advice. I will shower as normal then gently pat it dry but there is no way I would go swimming with it how it is now- not even sure what is under the little scab.
You might find your wounds different at 3 weeks out.
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-01-14

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: How Long does it take for incisions to HEAL after sugery?   post- op week 3 EmptyMon 09 Feb 2009, 5:49 am

Hi All,
I have to leave on a trip with the family which I think will be 3.5 weeks after surgery date. I am wondering how long it will take for the incisions to heal on the outside, as we are going South and I so am looking forward to going swimming. Do you think that will be possible at 3 to 4 weeks out, as long as all else is going well? I just don't want to plan on going in, if things aren't healed yet, as it will be swimming pool and ocean water
Thanks,
Oma
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyThu 08 Jan 2009, 5:02 am

lol...the things we learn on this site...

Thanks mydear and lou

Nicole
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:09 pm

Hi Nicole

Oatmeal, as you know is a popular hot cereal and is made from oats and can be served with a variety of flavors (maple and brown sugar being the most popular in the U.S.).

Grits is another hot cereal and is made from corn. Depending on which part of the U.S. you are from, grits will be served either with a butter topping (southern states), or with sugar/sweeteners (west), or with maple syrup (northeast).

Farina, yet another hot cereal is made from wheat and is served like oatmeal and grits.

As mydear says, they are also served as side dishes to main meals and with more of the butter, salt, and pepper, rather than the sweeteners when served this way.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
mydear
mydear

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-12-03

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: grits   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 3:18 pm

nicole grits are a hot meal, like oatmeal and farina. i like to top them with salt, pepper, butter and scrambl eggs. but lots of people eat them like a side dish, the same way you add rice or mash pototoes to a meal.

mydear
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 1:31 pm

mydear,

I always hear americans say grits.....what are they???

Nicole
Back to top Go down
mydear
mydear

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-12-03

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: hi good morning everybody   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 12:59 pm

hi rice cake & jodi, i take alot of meds morning and nights also. it is a job and it's a little harder when you have to chrush them first, (i needed help with this because i didn't have the strenght to turn the chrusher myself) and then i had to get them down, they taste awful. at first you try with sips of water but the water is hard to get down by it's self, then you try with what you can eat at the time,(yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, applesauce, ). it's a chore but it passes fast and you move on to your next hurdle post- op week 3 725676 all Gods blessings on your up coming surgerys.

nicole i had a little grits and eggs one morning for breakfast, talk about being over joyed over something that i didn't like before surgery. i just set hugging my tummy and slept like a baby for the rest of the morning, LOL

thanks kahunalou, & horseapplerancher, for your continued support and guidance

wishing everybody all the best on our journey to healthier lives, mydear
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:34 am

Excellent mydear! My wife, who had her surgery done the same day as you also started soft foods this past week and is expressing her pleasure at the taste and textures all over again. This will continue until week 6 (mid-February) when she can begin to partake of full foods once more. Then the real experimenting begins to see what she can tolerate and what she cannot.

jodi, What I did during this phase and what my wife has done is mix the crushed pills with unsweetened apple sauce, pudding, or jello (part of the clear and full liquids phases) and consume them as part of that. I was told that I could, and did, mix my crushed pills with tea, but it made the tea barely palatable to the taste.
Back to top Go down
horseapplerancher
horseapplerancher

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-20

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 3:51 am

hello mydear, I am so happy to see you are felling well again. That's good to know your eating sop. I bet it feels good to know you made it this far

post- op week 3 217555
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 3:17 am

Glad all is going well. I'm not likeing the bit about the pills, I take 5 in the morning and 8 at night. I guess I'll be spending alot of time trying to swallow pills. When I told the surgeon I didn't want to go to ICU the night of the op because you don't sleep he said "you wont have time to sleep, you'll be swollowing your pills" i swollow mine whole now (waiting to be sleeved, a week today) with less than 5 mls of water and it's a .1 second job...but i think only for the next week. I bought a pill crusher, took the wrapper off and then looked at it and put it in the cupboard. Mental block. post- op week 3 595690

OMG Nicloe, I SO miss eggs. I don't eat red meat, but mainly chook, fish and eggs...and eggs..and eggs..LOL
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 2:46 am

glad to hear you are going well....its amazing how we get so excited over something that we wouldnt probably have eaten before...lol I know that i was sooooo looking forward to eggs when i got to the mushy stage.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

post- op week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post- op week 3   post- op week 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

post- op week 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next