Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
emmybell83

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-02-14

9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck   9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 8:35 am

Thanks for the replies, I am probably being too hard on my body - i guess in the scheme of things 9 weeks isnt far into it considering the major surgery that was had! I try eating solid food most of the time now, some i can handle okay but others that i know others have struggled with i havent even tried yet. Guess I will just have to take it as it comes. Can you tell me - does the energy thing get any better? Will I ever feel normal again?
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck   9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 1:57 pm

9 weeks out isn't far, be patient. everyone is different. what stage are you at? I still vomit from time to time and I know I can't eat some foods or the way I use to. YOu will get past it.
there are apps for eating times ie 30 secs to chew before another bite etc.
if you are worried call the dr again. also low energy is pretty normal too
Back to top Go down
jaleci12

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck   9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 1:28 pm

I know some people need their sleeve stretched. ..this is done with an endoscopy and sounds fairly straight forward
Back to top Go down
emmybell83

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: 9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck   9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 8:41 am

HI everyone,
I am having trouble with my food still. I am 9 weeks post op and when i eat anything that isnt pureed or extra soft it feels like it is getting stuck in my chest. It has gotten to the point where i have vomited. I am extra slow to eat, chew and chew and chew and only use a teaspoon at a time. Does anyone else suffer with this? I have spoken to my surgeon and he says it will settle down over time - how much time??? I would love anyone elses experience or advice. My surgeon says if in a few weeks its still happening he can do a barium swallow test - i just dont want to live like this for the rest of my life. I am feeling really down about it at the moment. I still feel like i have hardly any energy and occasionally still feel nauseous which i have tablets for.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck   9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck Empty

Back to top Go down

9 weeks post op - food feeling like its getting stuck
Page 1 of 1