6 posters
AuthorMessage
ozpatty
ozpatty

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-10

newly sleeved and alone in nyc Empty
PostSubject: Re: newly sleeved and alone in nyc   newly sleeved and alone in nyc EmptySat 18 Apr 2009, 3:29 am

Hi Alijane,
Welcome to the site.... I'm freshly sleeved as of last wednesday and each day is getting better.
The doctor is keeping me in till monday due to the size of the bruise I have.....
I don't mind anyway, Im in a great hospital and being spoilt rotten.
Don't be in a rush to lose the weight, trust me, It will happen. I weighed myself this morning and found to have put on almost 2 kilo's...... I put it down to the painkillers, anathesiests, etc and not being able to make my bum burp is another thing.......... I'm on clear soups and actually enjoyed a small cup of custard last night.... this morning was porridge - so milky and I was only able to have about 2 teaspoons of it. I have no desire for food what so ever.
So, you're from the big apple hey ? I have quite a number of relatives living there. Our family is split in 3 ways, Italy , Australia and New York........Been there and absolutely loved the place....... take care Alijane... You joined a great group Raining loce
Back to top Go down
http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wTMLGtu/
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: newly sleeved and alone in nyc   newly sleeved and alone in nyc EmptyFri 17 Apr 2009, 2:49 pm

Hi Alijane, glad you joined us here on the forum. You are a bit of a pioneer in this surgery where you are, aren't you? It seems tedious now, but soon enough you will be eating regular food again. Good luck with your continued weight loss.
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: newly sleeved and alone in nyc   newly sleeved and alone in nyc EmptyFri 17 Apr 2009, 11:53 am

Hi Alijane and welcome to the site.

Everybody loses weight at a different rate because of our metabolisms and age - the main thing is that you are losing and the weight won't come back. If you read the forum lots of people plateau for a few days, or weeks etc - but then the scales move down and we get all excited.

In Australia the general rule that Dietiticians go with is - 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks mushies and then gradually build up to normal food but everybodys Doctor or Dietitician is different so you are best to ask them what they want you to do. I found bread, steak and lettuce the last foods I could eat but by about 8 weeks was eating all foods just in smaller amounts.

I just love my new tiny tummy - can eat what I want but in smaller portions.
Keep up your good work and keep us updated with your progress.
Cheers
Jilly
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: newly sleeved and alone in nyc   newly sleeved and alone in nyc EmptyFri 17 Apr 2009, 5:44 am

Hi Alijane and welcome.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. There is always someone willing to answer.
Take your time and read through as much as you can.
Have fun and good luck with your continued weight loss. It will come off eventually.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
alijane
alijane

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: newly sleeved and alone in nyc   newly sleeved and alone in nyc EmptyFri 17 Apr 2009, 2:41 am

thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: newly sleeved and alone in nyc   newly sleeved and alone in nyc EmptyFri 17 Apr 2009, 2:11 am

Hi Alijane

I think you will find this site very useful.

I've also found (about 7 weeks after op) that weight is coming off but not at a huge rate. The main thing to remember is to eat enough - otherwise the body goes into starvation mode. And also to make sure you keep your fluids up.

Just remember though that the weight won't come back!

Caz
Back to top Go down
alijane
alijane

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: newly sleeved and alone in nyc   newly sleeved and alone in nyc EmptyFri 17 Apr 2009, 1:07 am

hi everybody!
im three weeks out on im sooo sick of pureed foods! i cant wait to eat a salad again. does anyone know when and if i will be able to eat that again?
i find that even though i am barely eating anything i am not dropping weight as quick as i would have thought. i mean i am barely eating a fraction of what i used to eat. any thoughts?
i feel really great to have found this site because nobody here has ever really heard of the sleeve

love alijane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newly sleeved and alone in nyc   newly sleeved and alone in nyc Empty

Back to top Go down

newly sleeved and alone in nyc
Page 1 of 1