AuthorMessage
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! EmptySat 04 Apr 2009, 9:45 am

Welcome back Lynda,

Glad things went well for you this time around.
Love your attitude about the previous attempt at the surgery. It does seem like it was meant to be that way doesn't it?
Hope you have a smooth recovery.
Back to top Go down
LC780

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! EmptySat 04 Apr 2009, 7:09 am

I had lost some weight but it wasnt enough,Dr Talbot advised to get more weight off (20kg) to make it safer and easier, being very overweight the instruments were not long enough and he couldnt get my chest/ stomach area high enough to see what he was doing - in his words it was just too risky ( i am glad but - i beleive that everything in life happens for a reason - (Long story short version) just 4 days after the 1st attempt we had to fly to be with my MIL as she took ill .... unfortunately she passed away 2 days later - i believe that someone upstairs knew something - cause if had i had the full surgury then there would have been no way i could have been there with my hubbi + his family during that time)
2nd time round i did everything by the book - 3 opti shakes per day - the weight was falling off ...also mentally i prob wasnt as prepared and accept the reality of it all back in oct. so yeah - its all happening at the right time now and the future looks rosey again .... so much to look forward to now ...
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! EmptySat 04 Apr 2009, 6:54 am

Hi Lynda,

I was in room 207, no I didn;t find it noisy but I did share a room with a lady who was rather ill and made lots of noises herself and would agree that I would just get off to sleep and then been woken for observations. Shame we didn't meet in there. I live here in the South area not far from the Hospital. We must keep in touch and compare how we are each feeling. What do you mean by had your first attempt? What did you do? What went wrong?
Back to top Go down
LC780

Female

PostSubject: Re: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! EmptySat 04 Apr 2009, 6:39 am

Glad to see you are well and home !!
i too feel fantastic .. its weird i had my 1st attempt at op in oct 2009 and had more pain then than i do now.
I had the gas pain - ouch but the meds help it ....omg feels sooo good not to feel hungry 4 a change. hope it lasts :-)
Sorry i got mixed up - i was done on monday - and was in icu mon night.. was alowed home on thurs.
Wish i had of met ppl in there - actually was put in my own room this time room 215.while it was nice to have the private room i think would have been nice to get chatting with other about the op - share experiences and the likes.
Overall i found it very boring - i live in penrith and was too far for visitors to come in after work plus i found it very noisey - did u find it noisey at all?? i found i would finally get comfortable and doze off only to be woken to see how i was feeling... arghh

here's to us all on our new jouneys !
Lynda
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! EmptySat 04 Apr 2009, 4:14 am

Hi Lynda

I just got home today, I was sleeved by Dr Talbot on Wednesday at St George Private too. Must have just missed you. I didn't meet anyone while there that had been sleeved.
I'm surprised at how well I feel, although the gas has given me some real grief.

How are you feeling?
I thought Dr Talbot was great, no problems, no bag, no pain.

Max
Back to top Go down
LC780

Female

PostSubject: Re: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! EmptySat 04 Apr 2009, 1:16 am

Thanks everyone for the support and the wonderful warm welcome.

I only wished i had joined months ago - so i didnt feel like i went thru this all alone.

Thanks again
Lynda xox
Back to top Go down
nancy
nancy

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! EmptyFri 03 Apr 2009, 5:41 pm

Hi Lynda!
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on getting your sleeve and your new healthier journey.
Best wishes,
Nancy
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! EmptyFri 03 Apr 2009, 2:02 pm

Heya Lynda,

Hope you are soon feeling at home here......

I look forward to reading your exciting progress in your Diary...

Best Wishes gal !
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! EmptyFri 03 Apr 2009, 10:28 am

Hi Lynda,

Glad your hospital stay and operation went well and that you are happy with your decision.
Welcome to the site. Look forward to sharing your experiences.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! EmptyFri 03 Apr 2009, 4:22 am

Hi Lynda and welcome.
You've come to the best place for all the good and sometimes the bad of sleeving.
Congratulations on making the post op stage and please keep us informed of all your successes and hopefully very few or even none at all!!! - trials.

Hugs,

Janey
Back to top Go down
LC780

Female

PostSubject: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! EmptyFri 03 Apr 2009, 3:40 am

Hi All.
My name is Lynda and i am 28 from w.s NSW.
I have seen this site a few times and have just joined.
I was finally Sleeved by Dr Talbot @ SGPH 30/3/2009.
Just came home yesterday and so far - love it !
Hoping to meet some new ppl who i can share my experiences with.

Good Luck to everyone on there journey...
Lynda xox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !   HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW ! Empty

Back to top Go down

HI - Newly Sleeved from NSW !
Page 1 of 1