13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiwi

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptySat 28 Jun 2008, 9:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi everybody,

Not sure what I am doing as I am not very computer literate. I tried to make the font size bigger and couldn't even manage that!!

I am having my sleeve operation 17th July. I am really nervous. I realise this potentially is either the worst or best decision I have ever made. I am excited one minute and the next minute think that I am absolutely crazy for even thinking about having this operation. I have heaps of questions that I am searching for answers to.

Well I am going to try and send this, lets hope it works.

Feel free to ask any questions
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
liquefiedstars

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2008, 1:55 am

Good luck today Kiwi from a fellow Kiwi (living in oz). :)
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2008, 6:49 pm

Thank you Chris

The day has finally arrived. I slept well last night which was a surprise. My tummy feels all churned up this morning, not sure if its nerves or excitement, or a bit of both. Good to here your computer prob. has been sorted. Worth the money spent I bet.

Cheers to all

Kiwi
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2008, 5:15 pm

Good luck, Kiwi. You'll be fine!
Oh, btw, we replaced our modem and haven't been kicked off since - fantastic!
:afro:
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2008, 11:51 am

Thanks Steph

I will be back on as soon as I can. I will have my laptop in hospital with me so will cya all soon.
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2008, 11:30 am

Good luck tomorrow Kiwi,

Can't wait until you're back with us again.

steph :flower:
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 11:51 am

Hi applesauce,

Yes this has all been checked and they are all filtered.

Thanks Kiwi, I don't know if that's my problem or not. I have a seperate modem and a wireless router.

Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 10:20 am

have you got line filters between ALL your phones and their plugs ? if not this will be your problem.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 8:47 am

Steph not sure if this is of any help, but I also had the same problem. Every time the phone rang, I would get chucked off the internet. It was so frustrating. In desperation my husband went and bought a new modem with a built in router. This solved the problem completely.

Kiwi
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 8:11 am

Yeah, we were told it could be the phone line, but the first test is the modem. It could also be bad cables...but we have ADSL, but not 2. Ours used to be okay until a few months ago, though...
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 7:28 am

Fingers and toes are crossed.

I have a problem with my phone line as when I get calls my connection drops out and I have ADSL2 so this shouldn't happen. But after several years I have just learnt to accept it although it's a pain.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 7:22 am

Yeah! It's been really frustrating, actually, as sometimes I have to re-set the modem many times throughout the day. And I can be typing away and it just drops out. We're pretty sure it's the modem, but the only way to really know is to replace it - keep your fingers crossed for me!
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 5:56 am

Never mind Chris.

Hope you can sort out the modem, wouldn't it be horrible to be off line for a period of time?

:lol!: steph
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 5:36 am

Steph, I typed out a lengthy reply to you earlier and then lost it - my modem's shot and hopefully dear hubby will put a new one in on the weekend.
Anyway, I forget exactly what I said, but it seemed pertinent at the time!
Chris
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 5:34 am

Glad you're enjoying yourself, Kiwi.
I was never a great skiier, but glad I tried it when I was younger.
Unfortunately with the hips and back, I don't think it would be wise.
I remember once falling over and ending up in the splits, with my skis stuck in the snow - couldn't move an inch, and believe me, my hips and legs were not ready for the splits. If that happened to me now, I'd be in real trouble!
And of course there's my uncordinated husband, who I'd have to be chasing all over the place...
Enjoy it, and yes, next year it will be easier.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 4:48 am

Hi Chris,

Your right this skiing is hard work. I have sore muscles in places I didn't even know I had muscles. Just getting your boots on and done up is hard work!! The number of times over the last few days I have said or thought, next year I will be skinnier and fitter and this will be so much easier. But you should give it another go. I have decided you are never to old to give things a go. I never had the opportunities as a child to do much so I have got this new philosophy that you only live once so why not go for it!! I am so bad at skiing I can just manage to ski down the nursery slope without arsing over but it has been so much fun.

Kiwi
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 4:30 am

Steph

Make the best of the peace and quiet you will get with your kids away. I love my kids and hubby but I sure do enjoy the occasional time I get alone. I am having a great holiday but not doing to good on sticking to the optifast diet. I am hoping the extra exercise I am getting skiing will make up for the extra consumption of food!!!
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 4:19 am

My sisters marriage broke up years ago when her kids were 2 and 4....she had lots of short term boyfriends then she met a guy about 4 years ago and they have been together ever since.........however they still dont live together. I think they both like to have some form of independence and this seems to work for them.

So it can happen steph.... :lol!: and you can keep your independence

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2008, 3:15 am

So there is still hope for me yet :lol!:

It's funny but we get along better now than we ever did when we were married and we had been together 18 years when he left. I'm better off because he was a real control freak and my weight was an issue with him. I can't wait to see his face in 12 months though when hopefully I am at my ideal weight. Although, rest assured, I didn't do this surgery for him but for me.

I have had a couple of relationships since then but both got too serious for me and I wasn't ready for that. It's strange that when my hubby and I split up I never thought I could be alone but now I think I would find it hard to have someone living with me full time. I have become too independent and really the only time I miss a man is for the jobs that I can't really do myself.

Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2008, 9:21 pm

Bastard - couldn't wait until a week later, could he?
Glad you're doing well on your own, though.
I was a single mum myself for many years - we split up when my daughter was just 10 months old. I never thought I'd have another relationship - kissed a lot of toads, looking for my prince!
But now Alan and I have been together for over 17 years, and still doing well. Amazing!
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2008, 11:17 am

Hi Chris,

My hubby and I are now exes. He walked out on me on my birthday 3 years ago. But all is good now. I am happy on my own with my kids.

Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2008, 10:28 am

I remember skiing - when I was a lot younger and fitter but not fatter!
Don't think I'll ever go again (my poor hips would have a fit) but it was nice while it lasted.
Enjoy it, Kiwi, and just think - next time you go, it'll be all so much easier!
A shame you won't be skiing too, Ssteph, but just think how good you'll look in that ski gear next year!
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2008, 10:16 am

What an excellent idea getting that holiday in while you can.

My kids are heading off Sunday night on a skiing holiday with their father and I will be all alone for the week after. Oh poor me!!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2008, 8:10 am

Thanks Steph. Yes it is getting really close now. I am trying not to think about it too much. I am on a skiing holiday with my husband and two boys. This is keeping my mind of it fairly well. I am too busy trying to stay alive on my skiis!!!
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyWed 09 Jul 2008, 1:37 pm

Hi Kiwi,

Not long to go for you now.

Wishing you all the best for next week and a speedy recovery.

Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyTue 01 Jul 2008, 10:38 am

the vast majority of those having the surgery here in au have private health insurance that covers them for all or nearly all depending on the doctor they see. they can also access their super to pay for all or the gap between the surgeon and health insurance. I actually thought the land of the kiwi was very similar to here. Now I can not miss my outrageous fortune tonight hehehehe hooked on that trashy tv show long live the internet :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 EmptyTue 01 Jul 2008, 9:48 am

Applesauce, Unfortunately my health insurance does not cover elective surgery. I am not 100% sure but I don't think that you can get health insurance in New Zealand that does. It certainly is a huge amount of money, but I am trusting that it is going to be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand   Hello  from New Zealand - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from New Zealand
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next