mallowpuff
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mallowpuff

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-12-24

gastric sleeve op in New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptyThu 06 Jan 2011, 8:26 am

sssss wrote:
Hi Mallowpuff.

By now you should have had your surgery. I hope all has gone well and look forward to chatting to you on the other side...

S
Hi my suregery is on the 13th January will look forward to catching up after that thanks for your post
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptyWed 05 Jan 2011, 12:57 pm

Hi Mallowpuff.

By now you should have had your surgery. I hope all has gone well and look forward to chatting to you on the other side...

S
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptyTue 04 Jan 2011, 8:20 pm

Hey Mallow I think it is 50-60gr. But check the Post Op forum? They will know better (I dont have the surgeons post op diet notes with me.)

Has your surgeon organised a dietician for you? Or given you a booklet? Maybe give them a ring and ask - should be covered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
soulcatcher
Part of the furniture
soulcatcher

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptyTue 04 Jan 2011, 11:22 am

The ticker stuff is this: It's on a sticky note on the forum 'how to's

Hi all,
I get heaps of people asking me how to create a weight loss ticker for the end of posts ie, where the signature goes. Although you can follow the instructions in the FAQ's area, I will provide an easy step by step instructional.
So the very first step, is to go to one of the following sites to create your very own ticker. These sites are all good, just depends on what your personal preferences are. You can try them all out if you like!

Ticker Central

My Fitness Pal

Ticker Factory

Once you have created your very own ticker, its time to upload it to the forums!
So, click on 'Profile', then 'Signature'.
Scroll down to 'edit signature', then choose whichever option suits your ticker, mostly its url.
Copy the URL link to your signature into the space provided, then click preview.
Once you are satisfied with your new ticker, do not forget to click 'save'.

You then need to go into 'Preferences' and click yes to option 'Always attach my signature :'

If you do not do this step, your signature will not show up!

I don't know how to upload a photo yet, I haven't taken any recent pictures. It's on the "been meaning to" list. Must go and present myself in suitably clinging clothing at friends house while husband working in shed/office. No face photos either. I could use the scary Christening photos for my God-daughter. But she's 3 1/2 now. Sigh.
I'm sure there is a sticky for that too.

Please add me as a friend. That would be nice. Where abouts in NZ are you?

Karyn
Back to top Go down
mallowpuff

Female

PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptyTue 04 Jan 2011, 7:25 am

soulcatcher wrote:
There is a really good thread under Help! I need protein ideas.
I haven't had the sleeve yet, so that's one of dietician questions.
Happy New Year
Karyn
Kiwi (but my accent is fading)
Hi do you know how to upload a photo or make a ticker?
Can I add you to my friends list please
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 10:12 pm

Hi,
Welcome aboard.

What a pill about the surgery being put off, BUT it will still get done and that's the main thing.
Stick to the opti, it is your best friend at this stage.
Sing out if you need help with anything.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 3:02 am

hi and welcome
there is a lot of great information here to help you along the way. Here are some links to get you started: The Diaries are a fantastic resource, and the Pre-op & Post-op sections will be helpful too.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works, and if you want to put a ticker in your signature the instructions are there.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to do their best to help and support you.
shelly
Back to top Go down
soulcatcher
Part of the furniture
soulcatcher

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 1:58 am

There is a really good thread under Help! I need protein ideas.
I haven't had the sleeve yet, so that's one of dietician questions.
Happy New Year
Karyn
Kiwi (but my accent is fading)
Back to top Go down
mallowpuff

Female

PostSubject: Happy new year Kiwis   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 1:28 am

Happy new year Kiwis
and everyone else
can anyone tell me after a sleeve how much protein should you eat at each meal?
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 1:13 am

Hi Mallopuff - welcome!
I spent Christmas on liquids, and gosh it was hard to watch everyone eat lovely prawns, ham, turkey etc. while I had my watery lentil soup. But it was only hard for a while, and not as bad as I thought it would be. I hope your Christmas was also ok, and that you are feeling good about your decision.
The optifast stage is hard, as everyone will tell you, but it is do-able, and you will feel better and stronger as you work through it!
My best wishes,
- Kati
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 11:31 pm

Hi Mallowpuff and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your decision to be sleeved.
Opti over Christmas isn't fun, but if you have to do it, you do.
There will be other Christmases to celebrate.
I was on fluids last Christmas after my surgery and it didn't worry me in the least, when I look at where I am today.

Good luck with your surgery and journey.
gastric sleeve op in New Zealand 217555 gastric sleeve op in New Zealand 217555
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 8:54 pm

Merry Xmas &
gastric sleeve op in New Zealand 355206 there Mallowpuff. My surgery will be after yours; though this site is great; lots of information to read & great support. Others will be along shortly to welcome you and give you lots of details. Have a great day, looking forward to our journeys. It is still very early here, not quite 5am, the birds and me are up wondering what Santa brought us.
Back to top Go down
mallowpuff

Female

PostSubject: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 8:42 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Trish and I live in Royal Heights Auckland New Zealand.
I found this site by googling it.

I am due to have surgery on 2011
and am desperate for others to talk to about it.
I have tried a NZ site but found little response.
Today is Christmas day and im day 5 on optifast..I have brought myself some treats , baby carrots, tinned asparagus, and snow peas. As my family is away I will share today with my best friend and her family but have said Ill come after the food is eaten!!!
I was due to have my sleeve on Nov 3 but my surgeon broke his foot and it was differed.
This week I have had a doubotine stress test to make suremy heat can withstand the surgery and its all good.
I look forward to reading your stories
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gastric sleeve op in New Zealand   gastric sleeve op in New Zealand Empty

Back to top Go down

gastric sleeve op in New Zealand
Page 1 of 1