AuthorMessage
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 1:27 pm

Welcome to the forum TC.
Back to top Go down
surroundedbysleevers
surroundedbysleevers

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 1:14 pm

Welcome TC!

Hey guys, I'm not a dietitian yet! I'm just planning to be one, I'm only in my second year of university so far so take my advice with a grain of salt. (Like everything on the internet)

It's amazing how addictive this forum is, I swear I've checked it like 5 times today, it must be all the lovely company. Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand 217555
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 1:05 pm

Welcome tamara

Its so great that you joined to help your mum. I'm not sleeved yet so I will leave your protein question to all the lovely sleevers.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 12:59 pm

Hi TC and welcome to the forum. It's good to have another West Aussie on board.

I'm seven weeks out and I totally agree about finding things in the wardrobe. It's a new adventure every day.

Tamara I will definitely be dying from mercury poisoning because I eat tuna everyday sometimes twice a day. LOL. Oh well what a way to go. I couldn't give it up as I love it too much. It is great to have a dietitian on the team.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 12:44 pm

Hi Tamara,

Lot of the people on here use protien powders i dont but seem to be doing ok

Maybe you can be one of the first Sleever Dietitian alot of our dieticians know nothing cause they havent been through it even though you havent had the sleeve you have got to have a better understanding cause your mum has had the sleeve

Cheers Sue Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand 63412
Back to top Go down
TC

Female
Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Another West Aussie   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 12:18 pm

Just discovered this site last night. Glad to see that lots of other people have had this procedure done. Nine weeks out from the surgery and no regrets although I initially had a lot of pain because I needed a hiatus hernia repaired (that I didn't know I had). Have discovered lots of clothes in my wardrobe that I have grown out of over the years and now they fit!!!
Cheers
TC
Back to top Go down
surroundedbysleevers
surroundedbysleevers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 11:36 am

Well, this is the most welcomed that I have been in any forum! FG certainly has made an impression on you all, trust me she is even more awesome in the flesh.

*insert less flesh to see joke here*

To answer all the questions I am Tamara, her youngest daughter at 19, studying to be a Dietitian and I am the gluten and dairy intolerant one, not the vegetarian one. With all the different diets in our family it's no surprise that the first thing my extended family does when we visit is to take us out to go choose our dinner ingredients.

Fatgeek does indeed know that I am running around as surroundedbysleevers, though this morning my sister suffered through being woken up and accused of being surroundedbysleevers despite the subject heading with my nickname on it in my first post of FGs diary.

Also, any ideas on how to add more protein to Mum's food? There are only so many times a person can eat fish a week or they may end up with mercury poisoning. (More than 3 regular servings of fatty fish or shark more than once a month is passing the recommended levels of consumption). So I want to help integrate a bit more variety into mums diet.

Oops, my dietitian side is showing.
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 1:58 am

Hey baby geekie! welcome aboard, your mum is very lucky to have two such beautiful daughters but i have to say this, lol...does your mother know that you are on here??? he.he.

yes, the sleeve is certainly a lifestyle change for the whole family and geekie is very special to us all here, so that makes you special to. are you the vegetarian and the inspiration for all those delicious vege recipes?

hugs
tracey
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 12:37 am

Stay Stay Stay! FG is great, so therefore by my totally unlogical theory, you must be too! FG has shared some great recipes, and has entertained us all with giggles. It is a lovely thing for you to do this for her. My mum kept asking about the forum... but sadly even 4 months after buying her ipod, its still waiting to be loaded with music... she hasn't any time! I do share the recipes with her, as we share the cooking while im living at home, and i share lots of news with her too! Its great to be able to talk to someone!
Back to top Go down
lucy i
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 4:29 pm

Hi Surroundedbysleevers - What an absolute gorgeous daughter FG has - I think it's really beautiful that you want to support your mum. I think if you just remind your mum in those times if she needs it that this is a big change, and it's going to be ok. Also when she's ready, maybe you can be her exercise buddy - that way you'll be helping her - being healthy yourself, and you can spend time together.

How old are you by the way? Your mum must be very proud of you.

Lucy i
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 2:28 pm

Hi Surroundedbysleevers, you definitely should stay! It's great that you are doing everything you can to help Fatgeek during her recovery. It's also great that you recognise that although it's her surgery, it's going to impact you and your family too. I'm really impressed that you have joined.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 1:49 pm

Hi FG's daughter. How wonderful that you want to support your Mum. She's raised a beaut in you.

Please stay and ask any questions you want. FGs a valued member and any friend or family of hers is always welcome.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 1:17 pm

Hi Surroundedbysleevers,

Im only new here but I definitely think you need to stay. I think it's great that you are on here for your mum. I think I need to get my mum on here for me LOL.

There is so much great information on here.

Libby
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 1:08 pm

You are more than welcome girl its great that you want to understand wat your mum FG is going through she had bought up a beautiful daughter and she should be very proud so read ask questions we will all try to give you the answers you seek

One thing just make sure your mum keeps posting her great reciepes

Cheers Sue Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand 63412
Back to top Go down
surroundedbysleevers
surroundedbysleevers

Female

PostSubject: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 12:54 pm

I feel kinda out of place here, but I wanted to join so that I can learn how to make all this easier for my Mum, fatgeek. She had the surgery for a sleeve on June the 25th and I want to help her stay happy and upbeat during her recovery and accept this as a change to my lifestyle as well as hers.

So should I stay or should I go people?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand   Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, non-sleever here from Auckland, New Zealand
Page 1 of 1