6 posters
AuthorMessage
ifonly
ifonly

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-24

Hi from Auckland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Auckland   Hi from Auckland EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 3:05 am

Congratulations Tempest for reaching for final goal weight. Yes one and a half days to go and then its moving on with a new life. Thanks for your support.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Hi from Auckland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Auckland   Hi from Auckland EmptySat 11 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

Hi,

I also did opti for two weeks.
It isn't easy but I just kept telling myself that it is only two weeks and then I would never have to have that horrible gnawing hunger ever again.

Stick to it and then one day you will look back and it will be a distant memory.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
ifonly
ifonly

Female

Hi from Auckland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Auckland   Hi from Auckland EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 8:09 pm

Hi Kiwichick, I am going private as i am not sever enough to meet their criteria. I am definitly getting excited now although nervous too. I am now doing ok with the opti, it definitely is the first 7 days that hurt the most. I have lost the % i needed to so i am not feeling as stressed about how slow it was coming off. Actually the last couple of days i have averaged 800gms.

My hunger pains have reduced so that is good too. In prep i have done all my Christmas shopping to ensure that is no something stressful i have to address. I know how anxious you must be feeling as the time seems to feel like its going slow; well it did for me anyway and now its gone quick. Anyway keep me posted on how your dealing and if you want to know anything about what i am experiencing then please ask.

Stay well and see you on the other side Hi from Auckland 63412
Back to top Go down
kiwichick

Female
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Hi from Auckland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Auckland   Hi from Auckland EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 4:36 am

Hi Ifonly

I'm in Auckland and waiting for my surgery - early next year. Are you a Public or Private patient?

I am having surgery through Counties Manukau DHB

Yes Optifast is just horrid but in the scheme of things it is only a small part of your life then it is over forever - you will never have to think about Opti again LOL

You must be so excited - I can't wait until I have less than a week to go

Good Luck Hi from Auckland 542174
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Hi from Auckland Empty
PostSubject: hello from spoggy   Hi from Auckland EmptyTue 07 Dec 2010, 6:17 am

Hello and welcome. It is hard on the opti butyou will get there. Jump onto chat tonight if you can. Isis lives in Christchurch, she was sleeved the day after me. There are a few people from over your way. Your hubby is awsome doing the opti with you. You will be fine. Make yourself some yummy tasting stock for when you come home. It does make a difference if it tastes good. Just have it in the freeezer to thaw.

Good Luck andlook forward to seeing you on chat. Afew people are on about 8 our time, 10 Oclock your time.
Back to top Go down
ifonly
ifonly

Female

Hi from Auckland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Auckland   Hi from Auckland EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 7:49 am

Thanks for your encouragement i sure do need it at the moment. My husband is doing the opti with me. He is coping better than me, go figure that one. I will keep you posted on how things are going. It is not easy coming up to Christmas but i know that I am well on my way to a new life.

Hi from Auckland 787760
Back to top Go down
want2beme

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Hi from Auckland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Auckland   Hi from Auckland EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 7:10 am

Hi and welcome!!

I am a brand newbie too.

So I wish you every success in your journey. Stick with the optifast.. so then when Its my turn to take it you can drag me through it with a boot up my behind. REALLY proud of you getting threough the first week.

xoxoxo S
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Hi from Auckland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Auckland   Hi from Auckland EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 6:02 am

Hi If Only,

Welcome to the site, and congratulations of your upcoming op... woo hoo 1 week to go, you must be so excited. Yes, the Optifast stage is a pain isn't it, but it truly is worth it. It does seem to get a bit easier after the first week... and once you've had your op you need never look at it again, unless you want to, LOL.

Have a good look around the site, there is a lot of great information here to help you along the way. Here are some links to get you started: The Diaries are a fantastic resource, and the Pre-op & Post-op sections will be helpful too. Along with the December Sleevers section where you'll find other of members who are at the same stage as you.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works, and if you want to put a ticker in your signature the instructions are there.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to do their best to help and support you.

Cheers - Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
ifonly
ifonly

Female

Hi from Auckland Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Auckland   Hi from Auckland EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 12:20 am

Hi all, I am new to posting but have been reading the site for a month or so. Well i am down to my last week before surgery. I have just endured the first week of the optifast diet and have another week to go. It has been hard as for some reason my sense of smell and desire is even stronger since i have not been able to consume food. For those who had to do a couple of weeks how did you cope?? The first day after doing the grocery shopping i wanted to eat my own arm off and the next day I was convinced that my stomach was eating itself. Lol. I have only lost 2.6kgs which is hard to take but hey only another 1kg and i am fine for surgery on the 14th.

Anyway thanks for listening
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Auckland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Auckland   Hi from Auckland Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Auckland
Page 1 of 1