Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon??   New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon?? EmptyMon 14 Nov 2011, 3:21 am

Hi

I'm with Richard babor and my surgery is TOMORROW. Did you ever find a surgeon?

Floaty (Alex)

PS Richard is really nice and easy to talk to. My op is at Ascot
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon??   New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon?? EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 3:33 am

Hi,

My surgery was done by Richard Babor and I was very happy with the whole process.
Back to top Go down
Bjhunnicutt
Bjhunnicutt

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon??   New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon?? EmptySat 09 Jan 2010, 8:59 am

Hi, Im with Dr. Booth, But I have seen Rob Fris. I decided to go with Dr. Booth due to his after care. Dr. Booth offers 24 months to 5 years follow up. That includes the dietitian and monthly counseling groups. My sister in law has had Dr. Booth and likes him too. I felt like if I was going to pay X amount of dollars I would like to have the dietitian thru-out pre-post care.

Depends on where you live in Auckland Dr. Booth can perform in the city or North Shore.

It cost me $400 for the initial consultation that included 2- meetings with Dr. Booth before op. 2- session with Nikki the Dietitian before op, and 1 session (before or after you decide) with the psychologist.

I hope that helps New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon?? 65317
Back to top Go down
sutbr01
sutbr01

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon??   New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon?? EmptyTue 29 Dec 2009, 11:09 pm

Hi Jo, Rob Fris and Micheal Booth perform the majority of surgeries in Auckland. Both offer the same procedures but different versions of pre post care programmes. For many people post care is a major consideration in regards to support etc.

They also tend to perform there surgeries at Ascot in Greenlane or Souther Cross (off Wairau Rd) North Shore.

Also check to see what there fee includes, i.e. access to dietician etc and for what period of time.

Ultimately the choice may well come down to which personality you prefer.

All the best in your travels...my surgeon was Rob Fris.

Last edited by sutbr01 on Sat 09 Jan 2010, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JustcallmeJo
JustcallmeJo

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon??   New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon?? EmptySun 20 Dec 2009, 11:46 pm

Hi...does anyone have experiences to share with Surgeon's based in Auckland. I have seen Dr Rob Fris, as he was recommended by my GP due to him being the closest. i have sopken with one of his clients who is very happy, but would be keen to hear about other Auckland clinics...

Cheers...Jo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon??   New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon?? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Zealand (Auckland) Surgeon??
Page 1 of 1