Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!!   Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!! EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012, 9:53 am

Hi there ...
I have my sleeve done on 09.10.2012 and have lost 15kgs in the first 5 weeks. Have had no change for the last two weeks, so really the loss happened in 3 weeks. My surgeon told me not to worry as the healing process is not about losing weight, it's about healing. Am walking 5kms a day home from work until I get the all clear to start getting in to some proper exercise. I'm finding it hard not to rush forward, but for some strange reason I am all of a sudden experiencing a bile taste at the top of my throat (no reflux) and sometimes a tightness around my sternum, plus I am not enjoying eating. Sticking to yoghurts and shakes until I see him again on 29.11.2012.
Would be nice to drop another 10kg by 25.12.2012 ... no hurry, this has been the best gift I've ever bought myself!
CJx
Back to top Go down
lauren2bfit

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!!   Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!! EmptyThu 15 Nov 2012, 6:12 am

Thank you Erin!

That gives me some comfort was freaking out a little haha.
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!!   Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!! EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 8:27 am

hi lauren

just keep on with your protein first etc. the body can go into tiny stalls and plateaus along the way, its all normal. 3 weeks post op is usually a common one. try not to watch the scales and things will fall back into place.

hope that helps some

regards

Erin
Back to top Go down
lauren2bfit

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!!   Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!! EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 4:50 am

hi everyone i have had my sleeve done 3 weeks ago and after a week of losing 13 kg i have come to a stall when does ketosis kick in im worried can anyone help!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!!   Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ketosis when does it begin after a stall!!!
Page 1 of 1