Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

3 months out and losing track - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 2:29 am

First topic message reminder :

I think i can speak for a couple ladies who i have chatted to who have had their sleeve around same date as me, and i am wondering if those who are sleeved longer than me have had the same thought.

I feel now at 3 months out, confused as to what to eat and have found self picking at things just because i am either bored, or i have been feeling hungry - and i shouldnt be.

I feel maybe its becuase after the operation we are still learning and adjusting our bodies to what we can and cant eat, but now at a point where most things have settled down and can eat most things again.

Its like a confusion time, oh whilst i know the sleeve helps me keep the limit of size down i can still after a few hours eat again the same amount.

why do we feel this way now, is it becuase we focused for so long on our sleeve and now we are here we just go oh well can do what we want.

guess after feedback, and if your a sleever at same point as me - please share - i cant be only one going through this
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mrspotatohead

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 4:09 am

Hi Sweets,

I know how you are feeling. I am 3 or 4 months out, loosing track:) I cant just float through this like i thought i would be able too. I still get hungry and have to count cals and if i dont i put on!!! I am still pround of my efforts and hope to keep it up.....but as the surgons assistant said to me it is not a magic answer. It will just put you on par with most average people. If you have blow outs you will gain etc. I dont have regrets and think the fact that i am really having to work at it and exercise most days will make me appreciate it and hopefully keep it all off.

We will get there!! I agree that you spend soooooo long getting excited about op and how life will change then before you know it you can eat everything again. I think it is something we will just have to push through with the help of a great dietitian.

Good luck

xoxo
Back to top Go down
Look@MeNow
Look@MeNow

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 3:54 am

Hi Angel

I'm only 3 1/2 weeks out and have been thinking the same thing. I thought after the sleeve, I wouldn't get hungry, but I do! I have to be careful not to get too hungry, because if I do, I eat too much too quickly and feel sick. And if I snack, then I can't fit in any of the meal I planned to have and feel really annoyed. It was only this morning that I decided to have 6 planned meals instead of 3. To my mind it makes so much sense, given the size of our tummies.

I often find myself picking at things just to experiment with what I can eat, so yes...we have a huge adjustment to make and it will probably take quite some time for our heads to catch up. I've heard that mentioned a few times on here, and I wonder if that's the phase you're going through now? How often are you snacking and what are you snacking on? If you're still losing, it may not be anything to worry about.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about the snacking too much as long as it's protien rich and lower in calories. Maybe when you go to the fridge for something to nibble on, try a spoon of cottage cheese, or something else I like is that 97% fat free chicken breast from the coles deli - I buy it very finely shaved and eat a tiny piece at a time.

I think its normal to feel confused and even frustrated. My head still wants to sit down to a big meal of something, and when I can't, I feel frustrated and wonder if I'd made the right decision having the sleeve. And more than anything, I just want to scull a big glass of water!!! I'm constantly thirsty. On another thread, J said that he focused more on drinking than eating. I'm gonna try that too.

Anyway sweets, I don't know if that helps any. My opinion is that we should still try to eat as healthily as possible during the week, and allow for a planned blow-out on the weekend, to alleviate any feeling of deprivation. Even if it is 3 potato chips and 1/2 a glass of wine!!LOL. I'm hanging out for a pizza and coke - can't wait for that day.
Back to top Go down
steph11
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 3:37 am

Hi Tammy,

I will qualify the following by stating that I am only five months out and just no expert on any of this!

In my experience also I found about three months post op to be a tricky time. I mentally pre-op gave myself that time to really recover, read that around that time risk of leaks reduces etc etc so around three months I did feel a bit confused as too what now??

Prior to surgery there is this intense time of preparation and almost obsession with this life change ahead, it all seems so full of possibilty and easy evolutions from fat to skinny, this continued for weeks after for me and I do see that in others here also...the honeymoon. That does change and I found it around three months too, also co-inciding with a plateau I had to really think about working to make the sleeve a success, I had to begin to understand the need for small amounts of really high quality nutritious foods to ensure that I felt good as well as lost weight. And more importantly I think I had to move onto figuring how living with a sleeve co-incides with a full life that included eating, exercising and living for the long term as a slimmer and healthier person. I am still trying everyday, five months out to make good choices and to make changes to unhealthy habits that I have had since childhood. The sleeve plays a part in helping this but my head plays a bigger part. Perhaps Tammy it is really dawning on you as it did me around this time that this is a long process to a thinner life, and its hard at times, it really is especially when we had alot to loose at the beginning...it helps to read the long term sleevers experiences I find, or anyone's really as from people here I learn that if I take the good and bad each day and do my best to be conscious about my eating and exercise choices, and if I trust myself and my sleeve as a tool that over weeks and days I will get there, and I believe you will too...

I think what you are feeling at the moment, are normal natural feelings and that like everything else in life they shall pass, I wish you well and hope I have made some sense??

Big hugs

Steph
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 2:29 am

I think i can speak for a couple ladies who i have chatted to who have had their sleeve around same date as me, and i am wondering if those who are sleeved longer than me have had the same thought.

I feel now at 3 months out, confused as to what to eat and have found self picking at things just because i am either bored, or i have been feeling hungry - and i shouldnt be.

I feel maybe its becuase after the operation we are still learning and adjusting our bodies to what we can and cant eat, but now at a point where most things have settled down and can eat most things again.

Its like a confusion time, oh whilst i know the sleeve helps me keep the limit of size down i can still after a few hours eat again the same amount.

why do we feel this way now, is it becuase we focused for so long on our sleeve and now we are here we just go oh well can do what we want.

guess after feedback, and if your a sleever at same point as me - please share - i cant be only one going through this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

3 months out and losing track
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2