AuthorMessage
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

3 months out and losing track Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 5:23 am

Quote :
can i ask - did u find at 30kg ur body said righto thats about enough - and then u have to work hard for anything after that?
Maybe but i think im going back to bad habits - having said that it's not dropping off me like it used to and i have to work hard to budge any of it
I don't love where i'm at, if i could get to 89 i'd be happy (major mind game there, breaking and staying under the 90)

going to hypnotherapist tomorrow so lets see how i go!
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 4:43 am

I did find at about 6 months I had lost about 30 kilos my weightloss stalled. I had started thinking this is it, 30 kilos is all I am going to lose. I have now lost 47 kilos, but what I call my 'free ride' is over.

I have had to watch everything that goes in my mouth, have had to exercise. But I will not purposefully exercise more than 3 times a week as once years a go on one of my many many diets I was exercising heaps and found once I could not exercise as much the weight came piling back on.

I am trying to build a lifestyle that in 12 months, 2 years, 3 years I can still maintain.
Back to top Go down
danstar
Part of the furniture
danstar

Female
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 4:30 am

Wow...I don't understand what anyone is complaining about..what great losses!! and you know you will eventually loose some more even if its Gs not Ks.
Keep in sight sleeve us a tool, bodies react diferrent to weightloss ,it might need a rest to stay healthy!! The sleeve isn't there to loose weight fast even though it does its to give us time to retrain our minds and help keep in a healthy weight range.
I think we have to be careful not to become obsessive with the Ks dropping off...
I know it would b hard not to do but I think its important to keep looking back and see how far you have come, and trust your body..

Anyho..just what I'm thinkin..

Last edited by danstar on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 1:09 am

Tammy -

Was sleeved 20th March, I am very similiar, having less weight to go, as I was previously banded. Have already lost 30 kgs in banding/sleeving time. I have ABOUT 5-8 KGS to go, and no matter what I do I cannot drop anything. I walk for an hour a day, but dont want to join the gym as I have back problems. Might go to Zumba heard thats good for the old body.

If I dont loose anymore well so be it - but my main objective to to have Plastic Surgery in February. TT and Breast Reduction.

I think we all get into this space were we just plateou, so surgeon says could be week, month or even longer. Stay focused and dont let it get you down. We are all here for you.

Hugs

Val
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 12:44 am

Tammy are you going to anytime fitness,i love it,i have to say i still go to ferwood gym to but i find the machines at anytime fitness a lot harder,my daughter and i went there sunday at 7am and loved it, my daughter has no weight to lose,she's 67 kilos,i am sure she is only doing this for me.Hope you enjoy the gym.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 12:02 am

thanks Lin

I like gyms because i have to GO there and i can see on the machines how much calories i have lost and how far i have walked, rowed or stepped and then i can work out a programme to increase, time, distance etc

i need to be focused on figures like this - elsei go blah too cold too hot too wet too many dogs hils etc lol
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 12:00 am

Angel, you'll get past this 30kg mark for sure. Congrats on hitting the gym. I like exercise but hate gyms :)
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 11:58 pm

Melissa, sounds like all the hard work outs are firming and toning your body so you might not be losing on the scales. Those muscles must be getting ripped. Have your taken out the measuring tape? Well done :) You can do it :)
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 11:57 pm

Melly

glad u found this in time. I think ur doing exceptionally well and i do feel ur body will continue to lose (body needs a week to re adjust after being ill)

and i think we can only keep doing whats kept us at this level of losing weight for a period longer.

I too feel like you - is 30kg it for me? i feel bloody fantastic and people say i look good - but geez u know i am still 140kg!! i am STILL OVER OBESE...

and i know when i say this u go yeh yeh - but madame lash will make a huge difference for ur weight in a few weeks, body has to adjust to the extra energy outburst - maybe up ur cals a little bit - do a food diary in cals for a week and then ask ur trainer what she thinks u should be having given the exercise level ur doing.

Firie thanks so much for your input - i was thinking about that last night and yes it has to be us that got us here and only us that can keep us going -

we gotta find a new 3-6 month food thing ot follow lol...

becuase of u lovely ladies i am going to the gym today to get my swipe card and start my slow build to fitness.

thank thank you all for ur words and support and insight to how ur feeling.
Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female
Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2012-02-12

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 11:35 pm

This is a great thread and very timely as for the last 2 weeks I have hit my first real stall. I thought I was going along really well and losing 1 kg every week was enough motivation to keep me on track then 2 weeks ago something happened I got a 24hr gastro thing which meant my weight went from 97kg to 95kg overnight then to 93.8kg in the next day then back to 95kg it was the same week I started working out with madam lash fitness nazi, 2 weeks have passed and I have worked out with fitness nazi twice a week then walk on my treadmill about 3 times a week. I have been drinking my 2L of water everyday and eating only protein and virtually no carbs for fear or putting on weight, I have even been having opti for breakfast a couple of days a week to try and make sure I am having enough protein. I have found this stage very confusing, I knew having this operation was a big change and I accept this but didn't think I would be frightened to eat a carb for fear of putting on weight or not losing weight. I though if I stayed away from McDonalds and ate a healthy meal I would be fine.

The other thought which sits in the back of my head is this.... 3 times in my life I have done weight watchers and managed to lose approx 25kg getting my weight down to the low 90's I am currently sitting at 95kg I guess I am wondering is this it? Is this the weight my body is going to settle at as I still have approx 25kg to lose.

Thanks for listening
Melissa

PS Angel thanks for starting this thread xx
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 10:52 am

Interesting subject..... It has actually made me stop and ask myself where I am at right now. I was sleeved only a couple of weeks or days before you so, am basically at the same 'stage' I guess. I will try to put it into words.....

Basically since having the sleeve, I have been eating more or less the same foods, but in much smaller portions. I mentally ticked off things I normally eat or would prepare for dinner pre sleeve, and from what I could see it wasn't necessarily what I was eating, but how much and how I was eating it. We very rarely bought take away or ate out and have always cooked at home which is easier on the budget. I could match Ray (the hubby) plate for plate at tea time which in reality was way too much for me. I did have my 'bad' foods and weak moments of overindulgence, but they were not that frequent unless of course I was actively trying to diet!. And I ate like a steam shovel! The sleeve has well and truly helped me with the restriction I was expecting and I can happily eat a much smaller serve than what I used to. It did take me a little while to wrap my head around the idea of small servings, but it seems normal now. I still need to remind myself to slow down at times as I still have the old shovelling habit. I have been wondering if I should try some chop sticks to aide in the slow down. I still have my weak moment indulgences, but I seem to have found a stop switch! I can eat a little of those naughty foods but I cannot go overboard on them like I used to and if I try to I feel rather unwell, and disgusting. I seem to have found a point to stop at before that happens and by then only a very small amount of the indulgence has been consumed and enjoyed to satisfaction. I have allowed myself to have a little of those naughty foods and by doing that it seems that I don't feel deprived and want them all the time like I used to when I actively dieted in years gone by pre sleeve. I eat a bit of everything including carb rich foods (I love a small serve of roast chicken tortellini!).....but then then that is just suits me!

I think I have been much luckier than some people at this point as don't feel particularly lost. Weight loss has had a few fits and starts but seems to be declining slowly but steadily. Exercise is looming large on the agenda now. I enjoy my life as a sloth, but I know I need to get moving and I know I will feel better for it. Once I get this midi prac over with and get back properly to my part time work and get some time back I will start seriously walking.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 10:50 am

melpaulned wrote:
Hi all
I'm almost 2 years and feel like a failure
have lost 30kg (was 35 but have put 5 on)
while i look like i'm not fat i still feel it
i'm a size 16 so really have at least 20kg to go
my eating is probably 50/50 but i'm bingeing again - i managed to keep that under control for quite a while
but as you guys said, one step at a time
i'm gonna try a hypnotherapist now (have seen a shrink for eating for years - have the tools to help but now need to put it into practice a LOT more than i am)
i am sick of my life revolving around food and weight, it's exhausting!
xxx
mel

can i ask - did u find at 30kg ur body said righto thats about enough - and then u have to work hard for anything after that?

I do believe this tool does help but yes its a mind game.

Yes what is our new vice? exercise? lol i am too lazy for that lol... i dunno i just have to soldier on and see how i go - maybe doing a week of opti every three months to throw me back on track will help.

thanks again ladies for your input... i think its an important topic.
Back to top Go down
danstar
Part of the furniture
danstar

Female
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 6:08 am

My husband coined it first saying my eating was psycological .. and reading everything and deep down i new he was right ....ive been an addict in many a vice only then have i replaced food, im destructive !!

As part of my sleeve journey i have decided to see a phsyc as well and will be discussing this at my next Gp visit ... finally i might be able to fight some demons.

Obviously food is some sort of issue, vice , comfort, addicition for all of us or else we wouldnt have to take such drastic measures.. but honestly , im glad that i can !
3 months out and losing track 557634

Back to top Go down
liny
liny

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 5:10 am

I have been seeing a psychologist for a while now talking about weight loss with her and working through my food addiction she asked me last week what will i do instead of comfort eating after I have surgery ? I said I don't know but i will try to read a book go the gym etc .. She said that food is just like heroin and when your a addict there isn't anything as good and chances are there will never be again .

This concept scared the shit out of me I am a food addict and there really wont be anything that could fill that deep hole like food has and I will have to take everyday as it comes .Sure over time I can learn new things to do but i will always be a addict i just have to stay clean :).
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 1:09 am

Hi all
I'm almost 2 years and feel like a failure
have lost 30kg (was 35 but have put 5 on)
while i look like i'm not fat i still feel it
i'm a size 16 so really have at least 20kg to go
my eating is probably 50/50 but i'm bingeing again - i managed to keep that under control for quite a while
but as you guys said, one step at a time
i'm gonna try a hypnotherapist now (have seen a shrink for eating for years - have the tools to help but now need to put it into practice a LOT more than i am)
i am sick of my life revolving around food and weight, it's exhausting!
xxx
mel
Back to top Go down
renee_summers
renee_summers

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: nearly 2 months out   3 months out and losing track EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 12:01 am

Hey ladies love reading the comments.

I have one thing to say.

Learnt behaviour is 80% of our make up.........

You have had 20+ years of eating a certian way, comforting yourself and tummy. Surgery dosent correct your thinking patterns or your NEED to comfort yourself with food.

I am 2 months post op and fight these 'Im hungry" thoughts daily, hourly...

I also manage to fill on liquids though and just simply remember thazt when I do eat I need to have high protein foods as there is only limited food going in.

I dont think there is a complete solution to this problem but I understand that learning to talk takes time as does learning a new habbit with food.

Renee
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 9:56 pm

I love all this great advice,just reading it while waiting to go to gym at 7am on a sunday morning,lol Just going to take one day at a time instead of thinking i still have a long way to go.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 10:33 am

ladies thank you so much for sharing and helping me accept this stage.

because it is just that isnt it - a stage

really i think dr should say - u will have stages! - liquid, mush, soft and then real foods adn THEN reality lol

i do agree that exercise may help. I have joined gym but still havent got to use it. I feel and hope it will spur my thoughts and yes i look in fridge and cupboard again

i snack on high protein foods too - i try and stay concious but i do like the idea of making sure i have 2 litres of fluid a day - i may try that - eat 3 meals a day and drink drink drink in between

love to be able to have a big night out - but sigh i have 2 and i am done lol

but thanks so much again xxx
Back to top Go down
angelpenny
angelpenny

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 10:16 am

Hi Tammy, I do think there is something about the 3 month mark (I'm nearly 7 mths out). What helped me was to be really conscious of the no drinking half an hour either side of a meal - trying to get the two liters of water in limits the opportunities to eat, sticking to three meals and a max of two snacks (harder on the weekend), keeping the protein high.

I have also found that my meals have to be really tasty or I go looking for something else.

And I try to limit carbs - not too hard when you are focusing on the protien - cause carbs crave carbs in my experience.

I don't have room in my little tummy for non nutritious food ( doesn't always stop me) so that's what I try and focus on - feeding myself healthy food.

Anyway I'm sure none of this is news to you but it's all I have to offer. Back to basics.

Take care Tammy, I hope things get easier for you real soon.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 10:16 am

I'm not sure if I felt this way when I was 3 months out, but at 10 months I feel a little lost at times.

Even though I have gotten to my goal and surpassed it (really need to update my ticker but can't till my new laptop charger arrives), my eating habits are shocking and I can never think what to eat protein wise.

Best thing to do is to go through some diaries, go through the eating threads and start planning a menu daily of protein rich foods that will work for you and keep you going.

This is what I plan on doing, as I know I've gotten lazy... And I know that I really have to start drinking more water during the day rather than opting to graze on crap when I think I'm hungry.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
mrspotatohead

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 9:38 am

oh just had a look again we are a month different but still we can do this :)
Back to top Go down
mrspotatohead

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 9:37 am

Margd,

our journeys are very similar. Sleeved the same day and have about the same loss and same amount wanting to loose more. WE CAN DO THIS :)
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 9:11 am

I am also having some problems, i think i just don't know what to eat at times,so just grab at a little of something that i don't really want,i feel in a rut at the moment,i am doing plenty exercise so i just have to get my food right,we will all get there it just feels hard right now.
Back to top Go down
JustHayley
Part of the furniture
JustHayley

Female
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 4:38 am

I definately think at the 3 month mark that 'reality' kicks back in! After the long emotional process of chosing to have the op, going through it then recovering from it you spend every moment trying to process what has just happened and how you will make it work. Weight drops so quick and easy for the first few weeks while we are still recovering. Once you start to feel 'normal' again hype is gone and reality hits.

Life's stresses and dramas kick back in and the constant thinking about the right foods and weightloss becomes an after thought. I found at 3 months I got sick of 'thinking' about every little thing I put in my mouth and missed the freedom of going to the fridge and just grabbing whatever was there.. I get so tired of having to analyse everything when you just couldn't be bothered sometimes or are just too busy.

Also found that as people started to notice my weightloss and comment I didn't realise how uncomfortable that made me, and yes I wanted them to notice but I didn't know how to take the compliments and the questions that I wasn't used to and I am still struggling with it. Sometimes to the point where the 'emotional eating' kicks back in (or never really left) and the crazy head demons have tried to sabbotage all of my hard work just to stop the comments that I don't know how to deal with. I feel that with losing my weight I'm losing my safe 'hiding place' that I've lived with for so long...

The sleeve is no match for bad habits and emotional issues and when they work out a cure for that, I'll be the first to sign up!

JH
Back to top Go down
mrspotatohead

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 4:09 am

Hi Sweets,

I know how you are feeling. I am 3 or 4 months out, loosing track:) I cant just float through this like i thought i would be able too. I still get hungry and have to count cals and if i dont i put on!!! I am still pround of my efforts and hope to keep it up.....but as the surgons assistant said to me it is not a magic answer. It will just put you on par with most average people. If you have blow outs you will gain etc. I dont have regrets and think the fact that i am really having to work at it and exercise most days will make me appreciate it and hopefully keep it all off.

We will get there!! I agree that you spend soooooo long getting excited about op and how life will change then before you know it you can eat everything again. I think it is something we will just have to push through with the help of a great dietitian.

Good luck

xoxo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 months out and losing track   3 months out and losing track Empty

Back to top Go down

3 months out and losing track
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next