8 posters
AuthorMessage
armywife
armywife

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-11

4 months post op and not losing weight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 10:10 am

hi peta

when i read your post all i could think was "me too!", i have posted earlier this week in general chat re: my frustrations at not losing weight ( i was jun 21 and have only lost 18kg) despite great diet, lotsa excercise, lotsa water etc...you are def not alone, maybe us juners are just slow losers...anywya, i guess the weight we have lost so far is not to be sneezed at, would be great if it would pick up a bit but hopefully we are losing size not kgs? anyway, pm me if you want to chat...chin up...the hardest part is over!
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 8:07 am

Don't stress. Especially if your period is due. Wait till its finished then weigh youreslf again. I know when I did Jenny, sometimes I wouldn't lose anything but the next week would make up for it.
I'm sure the scales will start going down again. Although I do have an opti every now aand again to kick start the loss again..
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 4:13 am

Okay, I'll try and eat more protein than what I have been. It is so hard though, meat just doesn't seem to sit in my tummy very well. I brought in bolognaise leftovers from last night for lunch for something different today and I feel really uncomfortable. It is all a learning experience so soon out I suppose. The thought of going back to shakes makes me want to vomit. Maybe I'll try one of the bars instead.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 2:21 am

Yes, I remember also having a slow period and the dietician and exercise consultant told me I needed to eat 60g of protein a day (I was measuring it wrong... as in 60 g of meat only equals about 15 g of protein or something). They said I needed to have 5 serves of protein a day, so one in each meal plus a protein snack at MT and AT. I got into a lot of fish and ricotta cheese and mince was good too. Those little cans of tuna have 17 g of protein in them. It really did kickstart the weight loss again and helped me feel less tired so I could exercise more. They also suggested I have a serve of protein shake every day, but I really can't stomach that revolting tasting powder shake stuff... yeuch, so I just ate more meat.
Back to top Go down
lisagraham
lisagraham

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 1:13 am

Peta,

Maybe try more protein than the salad. You could even throw in a Opti Fast shake for breakfast.

Also you said about your Thyroid. There is a medication that can help with that (I think!)

Maybe also instead of the popcorn you could have nuts as they are a good source of protein also.

Other than that lots of water and good luck!!
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! EmptyTue 18 Oct 2011, 12:17 am

Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom, and thank you Synna for your hugs :) I am eating protein. I have chicken mainly in my salads. The last 2 mornings I have had vegemite and avocado on a slice of toast. Occassionally I'll have a bit of fish with my salad at tea time. I know that prior to a couple of weeks ago I wasn't eating very much, that is why I'm enjoying the salads (with protein) and fruit so much. I know that I'm actually eating something - and it doesn't make me feel sick or uncomfortable.

I'm hoping that it is just that time of month. I have handled this time well since the op', but I noticed the pain start even towards the end of last week. Before the op' I was on medication for PMT, perhaps I need to look at going back on it??

Thanks again for caring enough to respond with your thoughts and ideas for me.

Pete xx
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011, 11:49 pm

Hey Peta, don't despair! Yup, PROTEIN! it is just sooo important for health and for weight loss. it works with your exercise, as without enough protein your muscles aren't healthy and they are what really gets the fat burning going. Good luck with everything - you will probably be surprised at the weight drop when the dreaded p goes away, I know that's when my weight loss shows up the most :)
Back to top Go down
Synna
Part of the furniture
Synna

Female
Number of posts : 436
Location : That twilight space between sleep and consciousness
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011, 11:24 pm

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time losing weight Peta. I'm frustrated as well, with my rate of loss (and yes, im doing all the right things re eating and exercise). I don't have a solution for you, but I can offer internet hugs, and hope that things will improve for you.

4 months post op and not losing weight! 217555 4 months post op and not losing weight! 217555 4 months post op and not losing weight! 217555
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011, 11:04 pm

I'm with chrisbychic, you really have to eat protein, protein, protein. It's the most important thing to get in along with fluid. Also if you have started exercising muscle weighs more than fat so you may be starting to build muscle. Maybe try measuring yourself for a few weeks instead of jumping on the scales. It may also help to get in touch with your dietician and get some advice from him/her. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011, 10:46 pm

Hi Peta

You're not alone - take a look around the forum and you'll find lots of others in the same boat. Sometimes we plateau for weeks at a time, but that's usually when we're losing size rather than weight.

A little concerned about your protein intake, though - if you're just living on salads and fruit, where is the protein coming from? That's got to come first.

Take care.
Back to top Go down
Peta
Peta

Female

PostSubject: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011, 9:51 pm

I am seriously frustrated at the moment. My weight loss since surgery has been extremely slow. I started walking last week (45min) every day and I have been living on salad and fruit. I weighed myself this morning expecting the scales to have gone down at least 1kg, but nope, they have gone up. It is the week before the dreaded "P" comes, I do have pain down there, I am hoping that this is the reason for no movement on the scales this week??? I was expecting that once I started my excerise that the weight would start falling off.

I love my salads and my fruits, I feel so good when I eat them. My tummy agrees with them, so I feel good. I do also snack on a mini packet of popcorn during the day as well. It's cal intake is 123, so I figure what harm can that do? It's not like I eat a lot when I do eat, my tummy is sooo small.

I do have hypothyriodism and was told that I might take a bit longer to lose the weight than other people, but come on!! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

I have lost 22.1 kg since surgery on 1 June. I know that that is a lot to lose in 4 and a bit months, but I paid $20k and have the stomach the size of a rice bubble and was just expecting the weight lose to be a bit more steady moving than what it is???? Is anyone else experiencing the same? Or am I in a league of my own??

Pete x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 months post op and not losing weight!   4 months post op and not losing weight! Empty

Back to top Go down

4 months post op and not losing weight!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: