AuthorMessage
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

A WOW morning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A WOW morning!!   A WOW morning!! EmptySun 17 Jul 2011, 11:44 pm

HI kelly MB,

I loved your quote, "

I'm actually feeling friendly towards food. Not like a cunning spy,
creeping around and then grabbing all I can in one foul swoop and
scampering off underground."

I think it's actually very insightful, an Ah Ha! moment if you like. And I love the way it expresses the relationship that many of us had with food, pre-sleeve.

And how goo it is for us to see that dysfunctional relationship changing and getting more balance. YAY!!

Fantastic journey ... keep up the good work
cheers and hugs
sassysmum
Back to top Go down
Coastgirl

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-07-06

A WOW morning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A WOW morning!!   A WOW morning!! EmptySun 17 Jul 2011, 1:58 pm

That is seriously awesome Kelly (&Chook:) So glad everything is rolling out smoothly for you both... Bring on the next 5 day & 5 yrs etc.:) Will be watching you both and your stats (and whether they will they match:)?

I am going to see Dr Nolan tomorrow for my first visit... pretty excited although a little annoyed that I think I have just worked out officially tonight that I probably have recently developed diabetes... argh. So will be going back to gp tomorrow to get official pathology papers etc to check etc. Better not hold up me joining you girls!!!
Back to top Go down
chooky

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-06-17

A WOW morning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A WOW morning!!   A WOW morning!! EmptySun 17 Jul 2011, 12:12 pm

hahaha yeah sisters from another Mother....in another state.... but what a spin-out hey. Well it will be even more spooky if we start pulling the same figures over the next few weeks. Yaaay cant wait!
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

A WOW morning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A WOW morning!!   A WOW morning!! EmptySun 17 Jul 2011, 7:31 am

WOW & double WOW ... how uncanny is that! Are you guys really sure your not twins or something?
A WOW morning!! 697586
Back to top Go down
kellyjmiddlebrook
kellyjmiddlebrook

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-04-04

A WOW morning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A WOW morning!!   A WOW morning!! EmptySun 17 Jul 2011, 6:50 am

Hehe he!! Hey Chooky not only were we sleeved the same day, we are the same weight and the same height! Spooooky hehe he (fade to X-Files music)
Back to top Go down
chooky

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-06-17

A WOW morning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A WOW morning!!   A WOW morning!! EmptySun 17 Jul 2011, 6:17 am

That is great Kelly!! I am hearing ya haha, we were sleeved on the same day I have just noticed. I am feeling great too. It is so nice to be able to prepare foods for hubby and kids and not be concerned with eating it but happy to watch them enjoy it. Cant wait for my first weigh-in, good luck with your journey too ;-)
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

A WOW morning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A WOW morning!!   A WOW morning!! EmptySun 17 Jul 2011, 12:56 am

Fantastic, kelly - what a wonderful turnaround! A WOW morning!! 446871
Back to top Go down
kellyjmiddlebrook
kellyjmiddlebrook

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-04-04

A WOW morning!! Empty
PostSubject: A WOW morning!!   A WOW morning!! EmptySun 17 Jul 2011, 12:08 am

Here I am at the breakfast table with a half a cup of MILO...and there are two things that make me want to fall over my chair about this scenario.

1. I HATE Milo. Pre-sleeve I was an 8 cup a day Coffee drinker and could not cope without my morning cup.
2. It is half a cup and I have had one sip and it's still sitting there, no gulping it down and thinking about making my second cup.

HOLY MOLY!

It is this simply little morning ritual that has blown my socks off. I had never realised the emotional merry-go-round that happened at every table sitting! I am tasting every sip and being satisfied. My sips are tiny and purposeful. I forget my cup is there and then remember when I see it. I'm so relaaaaaaaxed. Maybe food was a huge contributor to the high adrenalin/anxiety state I existed within. I'm actually feeling friendly towards food. Not like a cunning spy, creeping around and then grabbing all I can in one foul swoop and scampering off underground.

This sleeve has changed so much, not just my stomach! And in 5 days only. I am so excited about the next 5 weeks, 5 years even!

This morning has been a real WOW moment for me! I LOVE MY SLEEVE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A WOW morning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A WOW morning!!   A WOW morning!! Empty

Back to top Go down

A WOW morning!!
Page 1 of 1