10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cherrypie
Cherrypie

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Feeling in the morning... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 9:42 am

Just wanted to say that I sometimes get that hangover feeling in the morning if I haven't drunk enough the day before. I'm a lot better these days about fluid intake, as I know how rough I feel if I don't drink enough.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 8:41 am

I also feel like this some mornings.

Not due to low Vit B12 or D, my B12 is actually higher than normal and my Vit D is normal. I have just had bloods done.

Fluid intake may be the cause. I try to drink plenty but some days I really fall down on the water side of things.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 8:07 am

That's an idea sassy... I might try the extra/different vitamins and amp up the water intake.. I know that I don't get anywhere close to my recommend intake.

Thanks for all the advice guys.. Hopefully in a week or two I'll be feeling a bit better.
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 7:38 am

I'm going to throw another idea in the mix -I know I feel hungover in the morning if I haven't had enough fluids the day before... dehydration headache etc.... it's a constant struggle for me to drink enough!
Back to top Go down
HayleyGriffiths
HayleyGriffiths

Female
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 5:48 am

I use to feel really tired and run down till I started taking Vitamin D and zinc supplements. This is what my bloods showed as low. I take these and a multi and feel so much better.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 3:54 am

Your body needs vitamin C to absorb the iron supplements LMC. If you haven't already, you should get the iron supplements that have vitamin c as well, if not then take some vitamin c when taking the iron tablet - good luck back at work, hope you are feeling better soon.
Back to top Go down
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:58 am

dissolves under the tongue.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:58 am

Sublingual?
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:57 am

Thanks guys... I'll grab some from the chemist today...

I've just filled up my little pill case for work & have now run out of everything... I might try elevit as a multi-v, I don't really like the one I have at the moment.

I'm already on iron tablets as that was low.

Hopefully the b12 will help.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:48 am

Yeah I'm currently just taking a 1000mcg tablet..

But it seems the sublingual is the way to go. U
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:41 am

I would also suggest starting B12 supplement LMC (sublingual type). My dietician includes B12 supplements in the list of must haves each day for all sleevers. You should also arrange a blood test as soon as practical to exclude some other cause eg. Other deficiencies such as Iron, folate, or dehydration etc.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:36 am

Yup, I had that too and it got progressively worse to the point where I could hardly function at any time of the day. The surgeon did some blood tests and my folate level was very very low, which gives the same sort of symptoms as low B12 or iron. I now take my multivitamin and B12 supplement religiously every day along with a folate supplement. I hate all the pills, but the alternative is worse.
Back to top Go down
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:31 am

I used to feel the same, I had to have a heap of tests done before my sleeve surgery and it was found that I have a low B12 and Vitamin D, my dietician suggested Elevit and a B12 supplement she suggested a sublingual 1000mcg and the Vit D was covered with the Elevit. I am only just over a week post op and I must admit I feel good, I feel quite refreshed when I wake, I used to doze as much as I could before getting up now I'm up almost straight away, taking vitamins isn't harmful, give it a try and see.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:29 am

It won't harm you CC.. Just grab some and give it a trial for a week an see how you feel.

It's taken me a few days to start to feel the effects but Im noticing a difference.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:26 am

Thanks Tash..

I don't have time to get a blood test done as I fly back to work in 2 days...

Would it harm me if I started taking b12 anyway?
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 2:19 am

Check your B12. I was very tired and had low B12 so am now taking a supplement. Best of luck finding out what it is. Ask your Dr for a blood test.
Tash xx
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 1:45 am

I've noticed for the last couple of months... Every morning for the first hour when I get up, I feel like I've been hit by a bus.

It honestly feels like I'm hung over.. But I haven't been drinking.

Anybody else get this feeling? Would there be something lacking in my diet that's causing this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeling in the morning...   Feeling in the morning... Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeling in the morning...
Page 1 of 1