Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Average weekly weight loss post surgery?

Go down 
+8
stew
Emily
sssss
PocketRocket
MummaCass
antsinpants
Janette
TraceyD
12 posters
AuthorMessage
momof2boys
momof2boys

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Average weekly weight loss post surgery? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyMon 01 Nov 2010, 11:28 am

for some reason the first 3 weeks I lost about 10 pounds a week then I started loosing a much slower rate. But Almost 2 months out and I have lost over 60 pounds but I do work out. I think the surgery was the best thing I ever did even if the first three weeks I thought I was a idiot for doing it.:)
Back to top Go down
yetti
yetti

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyMon 01 Nov 2010, 7:51 am

Thanks Ang23 and Janette for your reply. Janette your weight loss to date gives me hope. I spoke to my dietian today and she said that my weight loss is what they would expect, so i'll just plod along and stop stressing out that this is another failed attempt at losing weight.

Average weekly weight loss post surgery? 217555
Back to top Go down
Ang23
Ang23

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: average   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyFri 29 Oct 2010, 7:05 am

The surgeon says they aim for 1kg a week, a little less if your on the lighter sleeve side. I have been averaging high so far ( 1.6 & 1.8 ) but expect it to pieter out in the coming month or so.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyFri 29 Oct 2010, 7:01 am

Just checked my diary, I lost 11 kgs in the first 9 weeks, so pretty much the same.
I lost at a slow and steady rate.
Back to top Go down
yetti
yetti

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyFri 29 Oct 2010, 6:23 am

I was sleeved on the 3rd of September and have only lost 10 kilos. Is this normal because I really thought i'd lose a bit more than this. I lost 7 kilos in my first 2 weeks and then 3 kilos over 6 weeks?
Back to top Go down
whirlingdolphin
whirlingdolphin

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 1:26 am

I was sleeved on the 20th september so a little over a month ago and have lost 14 kilo's
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture
TraceyD

Female
Number of posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyMon 25 Oct 2010, 4:45 am

They are just amazing results all round!
Thank you all for sharing. You are all inspirations!
Back to top Go down
stew

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyMon 25 Oct 2010, 4:11 am

For the first four to five months I averaged about 2kg per week and then for about the next 4 to five months it was around 1kg per week and since then (about another two months) it has slowed to about 0.5kg per week. That excludes the first week after surgery when I dropped almost 9kg (not eating for three days and then not much after that for another couple will do that).

I am getting pretty close to having lost all my excess weight now and it is slowing even more and depends greatly on how much I snack (and what the snacks are) and how much excercise I do. I worked really hard at it in the first six months with really watching my eating and also exercising heaps because I wanted this to be a sucess. It has been.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyMon 25 Oct 2010, 3:11 am

Preop, I lost 10.4kg (about 8 weeks dieting).

Postop, I have lost 15.2kg in 12 weeks so averaging 1.3kg/wk.

Do keep in mind that it wasn't that steady though - first week I lost 4.8, then nothing for a week or two, then a kg here or there.
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyMon 25 Oct 2010, 12:47 am

Hi Tracey...

30 weeks since I started my two week opti pre-op and I have lost 37kg -- so more than 1kg a week. HOWEVER...lost the first 25kg in 3 months...the last 12kg has taken longer...but am still getting there...slowly but surely...

S
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture
TraceyD

Female

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyMon 25 Oct 2010, 12:37 am

MrVinyl wrote:
Hello everyone

I had my op on the 20th of September 2010 and I have lost approx 12kg in four weeks, so I am averaging 3kg per week. I haven't started exercising yet, but was walking about 6000-10000 steps after two weeks and this helped a lot.

MrVinyl

That is fantastic! Well done! You must feel so incredible!
Back to top Go down
PocketRocket

Male
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: I had the surgery one month ago and my average is 3kg per week   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 10:17 am

Hello everyone

I had my op on the 20th of September 2010 and I have lost approx 12kg in four weeks, so I am averaging 3kg per week. I haven't started exercising yet, but was walking about 6000-10000 steps after two weeks and this helped a lot.

MrVinyl
Back to top Go down
MummaCass
Part of the furniture
MummaCass

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyFri 22 Oct 2010, 12:27 pm

This too is a question I was wondering. From my observations weightloss is much more rapid in the first 3 months, so I would also be interested in hearing averages in first few months and overall.
Thanks
Cass
Back to top Go down
antsinpants
Part of the furniture
antsinpants

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyFri 22 Oct 2010, 8:34 am

Around one kg a week I think - any more then they start to stress...
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyFri 22 Oct 2010, 8:01 am

I think I worked mine out to be around 0.7 kg per week.
Back to top Go down
TraceyD
Part of the furniture
TraceyD

Female

PostSubject: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? EmptyFri 22 Oct 2010, 7:48 am

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is an expected average weekly weight loss after surgery? I don't remember my doctor mentioning anything.
What was your average weekly weight loss?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Average weekly weight loss post surgery?   Average weekly weight loss post surgery? Empty

Back to top Go down

Average weekly weight loss post surgery?
Page 1 of 1