Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Meek72

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-05-19

Weight loss post op - too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight loss post op - too much?   Weight loss post op - too much? EmptySun 17 Aug 2014, 9:33 pm

Thanks everyone, I actually gained today which gives me around 3kg for the week - don't know how I managed the gain - I assume it's because I haven't been to the loo since last Wednesday (No.2) giving purées a go today - woohoo lol
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss post op - too much?   Weight loss post op - too much? EmptyFri 15 Aug 2014, 9:05 am

The first 3 months is called the honeymoon period - because you drop weight very quickly without even trying and no matter the calories consumed, but eventually your body catches on and you will get a stall and thats when it's a good idea to catch up with your surgeon, review your dietitians advice or even go back in for a diet overhaul, and also introduce some exercise to keep it going.

Everyone varies on how much and how quickly they lose the weight and sometimes it's a shock to absorb because you are not used to losing this amount of weight in such a short period of time after all those diets you have tried :-)

Enjoy this time and don't stress.  Just keep on sipping loads of fluids as you can easily become dehydrated (I bought powdered poweraid to keep my hydration levels up or cordial as couldn't and still can't stand plain water).  Remember to have your regular 3 meals (liquid/puree ect) and then when you are finally on solid food, make sure you have the protein first as it's more filling.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss post op - too much?   Weight loss post op - too much? EmptyFri 15 Aug 2014, 4:35 am

Nope not too much at all, you'll find that at the 3 week mark you may not lose for the next week or 2 (100% normal). It eventually will all balance out.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss post op - too much?   Weight loss post op - too much? EmptyFri 15 Aug 2014, 3:30 am

Hi Meek72,

I lost 5kg in the first 2 weeks, then 2.3kg in the next two.  Some people don't lose any at all in this time, and some lose significantly more than that!!  It all depends on your body, your weight, medical history, all the individual things about yourself.  Don't be scared though, it will drop down to 0.5-1kg per week after things settle down.  (Actually, some people still lose 2kg per week so that also differs, but it does slow down).

Hope you're feeling well!

Cheers, DayleD
Back to top Go down
Meek72

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Weight loss post op - too much?   Weight loss post op - too much? EmptyFri 15 Aug 2014, 12:43 am

Hi all,
I am 7 days post op from the sleeve - since coming home 3 days ago I have already lost nearly 2kg - 1.2kg one day, 0.7kg - I am a bit scared this is way too fast.

I am attempting to get all my fluid in - I am finding that I struggle to drink optislim shakes or protein shakes so I am having up & go for the time being. I have been having cream or chicken or cream of mushroom soup, plus a cup of coffee on rising and drinking yoghurt and water during the day...

Any help would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss post op - too much?   Weight loss post op - too much? Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight loss post op - too much?
Page 1 of 1