AuthorMessage
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

Average Weight Loss? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Weight Loss?   Average Weight Loss? EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 10:33 am

I will just add, if you can drink more water.  I know its hard one week out, but especially in this heat, if you can try and get at least 1.5 litres in.

I also agree with Froody, looks like your protein intake is low.  But I found it really hard the first few weeks.  So was also eating lots of mashed veggies or blitches casseroles.  If your dietician is ok with your protein intake, just keep going, slowly as you can eat more, I'm sure you will be able to get protein more in.

Everyone is different, a friend of my brothers had surgery 4 weeks ago, and he has lost over 30 kilos so far.  But he is already eating chunks of meat, raw brocoli and other things there is no way I could even look at 4 weeks out!  I remember struggeling to eat one scrambelled egg.

Just let your stomach be your guide
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Average Weight Loss?   Average Weight Loss? EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 1:18 am

It's impossible to say exactly how much you'll lose because there are so many variables that govern how you lose weight - muscle mass, metabolic rate, age, height, medical problems, previous weight loss, etc etc. I lost about 3KG in the first week, my surgeon very forcefully told me that that is the most weight I could expect to lose in a short time and that the losses would settle down into about 1KG per week. Again, this is only an average.

Your intake seems low in protein. There are smart phone apps (myfitnesspal) that allow you to track calories and macronutrients such as protein, carbohydrates and fat. I suggest you download it and use it, it really works.

Some other protein suggestions are:

cottage cheese
tinned tuna or salmon
poached or scrambled eggs
pureed meat dishes
Cyborg leaan protein - like a cordial flavouring but has about 5g of protein per small scoop. Google it.

Otherwise, you're doing fabulously. Well done :)
Back to top Go down
CK2305

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2014-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Average Weight Loss?   Average Weight Loss? EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015, 10:26 pm

Oops sorry - forgot to ask is what is the average weightloss or guideline?
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlvy
CK2305

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2014-01-01

PostSubject: Average Weight Loss?   Average Weight Loss? EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015, 10:24 pm

Hi i am 1 week post op (17/12/15) Dr Wong @ Gosford Private. 

I have some questions if those who have "been there" might help?
Start weight 1/12/15 was 108kg
Op Day 100kg
1 week post 97.5kg

My dietitian has moved me onto purée / mash. Most is this is carb foods like veggies etc is this ok?
Breakfast is yoghurt
I drink Aussie bodies Protien shakes (250ml) as it has 20g prot & 5g carbs (drink in during the day as it takes a while)
Dinner is mash 4 table spoons (sweat potato, carrot & potato)

Am I doing ok? Too much ? Not enough?
I am managing around 800ml Apple & water mix?

Sorry if I sound crazy but am I doing it right - will I loose weight?

Thank you so much and merry Xmas
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlvy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Average Weight Loss?   Average Weight Loss? Empty

Back to top Go down

Average Weight Loss?
Page 1 of 1