Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 12:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has been pregnant since having the sleeve or knows of anyone who has? If so how did you go eating wise? I can't seem to find anything on this anywhere, only pregnancies with gastric bypass...

Bee
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bee

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyFri 17 Oct 2008, 7:50 am

awww thanks Lisa :)

I havent announced it in the real world yet, thus why its all hush hush on my blog, as some family and friends read it. Im trying to wait it out a bit more.....yay! Im so happy though lol

Bee xx
Back to top Go down
lisab
Part of the furniture
lisab

Female
Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyFri 17 Oct 2008, 7:43 am

Congrats Bee, you really deserve this you have been through so much and are such a lovely lady
Lisab
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyFri 17 Oct 2008, 6:49 am

I will quietly say thanks lol!

I had already spoken to my dietitan and surgeon before hand, and have already seen the dietitan again, and no what to do...Had a very long appt with her. I am on a eating plan to try to maintain weight not lose or gain, which is hard! lol

Bee
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyFri 17 Oct 2008, 3:47 am

Hi Bee,

Congrats (quietly) and reading your posts below sounds like the questions to the surgeon and dietican might been too late?

Well done!

So once you do announce something you will be our font of knowledge!

Trace
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyFri 17 Oct 2008, 1:55 am

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im saying this really quietly.....congrats bee, thats fantastic news

Nicole
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyFri 17 Oct 2008, 12:14 am

Oh, Bee, you can't do that to us! LOL
Well, it sounds as though congratulations are in order, and if that's the case, I offer them - regardless of whether you can confirm it yet or not! LOL
And no, Nicole, not for me either - although when I missed a period this month, I told my hubby that I'm either finally starting menopause (hooray) or I'm pregnant! LOL Since he's had a vasectomy, that's not likely - and the hot flushes are a dead giveaway anyhow!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 11:17 pm

Oh yay! My thread is still alive! Good.....cos I have some news, I just can't announce it just yet....... Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 2329
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 1:40 pm

Thanks for that Chris and Nicole, hopefully she will be able to impart her wisdom!
Trace
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 9:40 am

thanks chris...your a legend. I knew i could count on you to find her
I thought it would be interesting to have her here for the girls who are looking at wanting to get pregnant ( not me thats for sure...lol)

Nicole
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 9:28 pm

Done!
I went through the archives and sent an email to the woman in question, advising her that someone else with the sleeve was pregnant and wanted to find others like her, and giving her this website.
Hopefully she will join us.
Chris
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 9:53 am

i read about a lady on another forum that has the sleeve and is pregnant....maybe we should try and get her on here to give a running diary of pregnacy and the sleeve.

Chris this was on the other yahoo sleeve one that you go to....can you remember who it was or send a post asking her to come on here.

Just a thought !!!!!

Nicole
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 1:01 pm

Hi All,
Both my surgeon and dietician said 12 months, or when the weight loss start to plateau, so theys aid hopefully 10 months. Like others have suggested if you do get pregnant there is things that can be done, but they prefer you wait a year - so this time next year the "fun" will start! Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 2329

Trace
Back to top Go down
Xantia
Xantia

Female
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2008, 10:52 am

Hi Bee,

thats gr8 news from your dietitian Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 446871
Good luck with the next stage of your sleeved life. I'm sure there will b a few of us watching your progress

cheers
Xan
Back to top Go down
http://xantias-jouney.piczo.com
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2008, 9:25 am

That's great, Bee. Good luck!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2008, 8:21 am

Hi all,

My appt went really well, and I've been given the all clear! She said that normally you do need to wait a year, for weightloss, but as my time with the band and sleeve eqates to 1.5 years Im all good. I go back and see her as soon as I fall pregnant, and basically like Apple said I just increase my calories enough that I dont lose weight, just maintain. She said it can be as simple as having a few extra snacks through out the day. My weightloss is at 1kg per week now, which she is happy with, because last time I was losing more than a kg a week, and she didnt like that. My diet atm has been giving a big green tick!

I also asked her if they have had a pregnant sleever at the surgery yet, and they havent. They have plenty of band babies, but I shall be the first Sleever, which is exciting and scary! So I guess I will be the ginni pig for everyone lol! So I will fill you all in, and fingers crossed, it happens soon!

Bee xx
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2008, 1:02 am

Well I have my appointment with the dietitian at 1:45pm today, and I can't wait! I hope she answers all my pregnancy related questions, if not I will leave a message with the surgical nurse at my surgeons office, which is where my appointment today is. My surgeon never said I had to wait a year before getting pregnant, although I've heard and read this before, I'm thinking it's because I have lost so much weight already, and because I went straight from a band to the sleeve. But we will find out today. Its weird having no one else in Melbourne with a sleeve (Im sure there are but not online so far) and now it looks like I might be the first pregnant sleever out of us all on here! Scary! I will let you know everything when I get home!

Bee xx
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 11:32 am

I responded to this last night but obivously my post didn't stick

I asked my surgeon specifcally about this, because it is one of 2 reasons why I'm having the sleeve done. He said no problems as long as it is 12 months post op because your body is in like a starvation mode and getting used to the limited supply of nutrients and that will affect the development of the foetus. If you do get pregnant before the 12 month post op stage he said its not a problem but you would have to take added supplements to feed yourself and the foetus and MUST let the Obstetrician and Dietitian know you have had the sleeve done so they can factor that into your eating and plan your supplements.

But 12 months post op in his words - "go for gold"
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 8:11 am

Oh, whew! LOL
Oh, I would have been very happy for you if you had, but it would have been a hell of a thing, wouldn't it?
Anyway, you're doing really well!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 8:08 am

Hi Chris,

No lol I didnt lose all that in the last few months, 30 of it I lost with my lapband which took me a year! So the rest was in he last 3 months. Well done on your loss!

Bee
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 7:41 am

Hi Bee
Wow, 55kg is a great weight loss - tell me that's not all since the surgery, though, please! I was done the same week as you, and I've lost 45kg since the beginning of the year, but that was including 18kg that I lost before the op.
Whatever the answer, congratulations - you deserve it. I know how much better I'm feeling, so I can imagine how much better you feel.
Best of luck getting pregnant!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 6:58 am

I think one of the main reasons they say wait a year is because it interferes with weightloss. I've now lost 55kgs, so I think I should be okay in that aspect. I will talk to my dietitian about it tommorow, and I don't see my surgeon until next month. We are trying right now, so maybe I'll get the first one pregnant with the sleeve here lol! I'll let you all know how it goes tmr!

Bee
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 4:46 am

I was told to avoid it for the first 12 months. But as the doc new I have been trying for so many years, he said if it happens then its all good. However, I will not 'try' for a baby until I have lost quite a bit more weight. I want to have a healthy body, and a healthy full term pregnancy.
Hayley.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 4:38 am

hehehe Shanna. I had a similar experience where doc double checked what kind of contraception I planned on using. I said, none, coz my hubby has had a vasectomy. And doc laughed and said that with the weight loss I might start 'getting lucky' with errrr men other than hubby !!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 4:14 am

Hi Bee,

I dont know anyone who has been pregnant since the op. I would like to know all about that too.
So if anyone knows someone who knows someone, please dob them in!! LOL.

Hayley

P.S, I did delete your earlier thread, as it was missing your message due to the site down time yesterday.
Back to top Go down
untamed_angel277
untamed_angel277

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 3:20 am

Hi Shanna and Bee....

I asked that question to mine and he said the same... they reckon when you get pregnant it wont hurt and it should all run just as smooth and if you had a normal size tum just probably have extra vitamins thats all but in the end we are all different so nothing to worry about just discuss with your gp or diet lady... Ive gone on the pill just to make sure it wont happen but if it does will just have to cross that bridge when it happens...
Back to top Go down
http://untamedangel277.spaces.live.com/
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 1:39 am

Dear Bee - All I can tell you is my surgeon said don't get pregnant for the first 18 to 24 months. I was just so flattered that he thought I might have a chance.............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy with the sleeve
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next