Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....

Go down 
+25
leici
Joyla
Caz
butterfly girl
Carly
concertina789
Raingold
fififofum
LAINEY
CurvyChef
cos im worth it
mapmar
mamacoops
Bela
realme
Jigglypuff
Carrie
AzinOZ
Peazles
shelly25
melbell
fatnomore
Huggy Bear
BrendaBee
sssss
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 3:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

...and what do I see? I'm not sure but thought this might be an interesting question. Some people will be 18 months post sleeve, others just 18 days. I will be 8 months out -- twice as far along as I am now. Thought it might be worthwhile posting a possible image here of what I might be like...then checking when the time actually comes. Would love others to join me in front of the mirror. I'm thankful for my post sleeve experience already...not sure I really believe it can keep going and expecting at any moment that the party will end and I'll be stuck in the mid-70s forever... so

Christmas 2010 ... standing in front of the mirror...and what do I see?
  • A middle aged woman, hopefully a comfortable size 12, ideally in the low 60s...but maybe struggling to get down past the high 60s. She's wearing a pretty christmassy lightweight summer outfit instead of the baggy three quarter length pants, long tunic and long sleeves that have been the norm in the last 10 years.

What is the image in your mirror?
S
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 12:00 am

fififofum wrote:
...who was banded 1 month and 8 days ago...

Oh Fi, LOL, make sure you get the right op :-)... in the little pre-op room, one of the nurses asked me what I was having done and I accidently said "gastric band" it gave us both a fright, LOL.

-Carrie
Back to top Go down
fififofum
fififofum

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Christmas 2010...and what do I see   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 7:56 am

I see a woman who had the courage to make changes, who was banded 1 month and 8 days ago and who is adjusting to her new fabulous way of life.

Hope to also someone that isn't wishing her life away hoping that the next, Birthday, Christmas etc. she will be skinny.

Great topic - have really enjoyed your responses!

Fi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:57 am

Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror...and what do i see??

A lady who is finally happy to see herself in the body she has and proud of herself for losing 30+kg.

you go girl!!!!

Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 314562
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 12:52 am

love it Lainey :)

Can't wait for Christmas to see how close we are...

S
Back to top Go down
LAINEY
Part of the furniture
LAINEY

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

I will be 12 weeks out... not sure what I will see ...
but I will see a woman who will keep her 2011 news years resolution.

THIS YEAR IM DEFINITELY GONNA LOSE MY EXCESS WEIGHT!! Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 487524

and looking forward to the summer dresses (if we get one finally that is!)
Back to top Go down
CurvyChef
CurvyChef

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 12:46 am

A healthy 27 year old, hopefully in the 90's, who doesn't have to put on a front because she is genuinely happy with herself. Being larger than life because i am, not as a way to hide my size. Never again will i be the funny fat girl, i'll just be the funny girl, and i can't wait.
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Aug 2010, 1:33 pm

Someone who (finally, unbelievably) is comfortable in their own skin.

Who can relax & enjoy the day, without worrying about overeating, looking gross etc etc etc etc............
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Aug 2010, 1:26 pm

That's beautiful Maria, thank you kiss
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Aug 2010, 12:20 pm

sssss wrote:

I will see someone who is wearing something nice and not worried if it is covering the bulges....
I will be looking forward to going over to a friends place for Christmas lunch, a friend who I would not have met if not for the this fabulous forum.
I will see someone who will be smiling and enjoying the day instead of hiding away.
I will see someone who will be happier, healthier and stronger.
I will see someone who is proud of herself.... for a lot of things.
I will be enjoying company of friends instead of wondering what food I am going to eat.
I will be seeing someone who will be thinking that it might be nearly time to finally wear a bathing suit....mmm (another friend said he would buy me one!)
I will see a person who has put all the crap that has happened to her behind her instead of eating herself happy and will be moving forward to a better, brighter, healthier, happier future.
I will see a person who loves going out and meeting new people and making new wonderful friends.
I will see a person who will be making more happier Christmas' in the future!
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 1:40 pm

great idea...

I will be 5 months post op and I will see lady on the verge of her 40th birthday, but looking better than she has done throughout her 30's. I see a new beginning and an end of a hard year. For the first time I will bel looking forward to the New Year and I will have lovely clothes to celebrate it. Christmas 2010 will be the first year that I am willing to be in front of the camera, as well as behind it!
Back to top Go down
Bela
Bela

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 7:49 am

Christmas 2010 ... standing in front of the mirror...and what do I see?..............

A happy 23yr old having a great time with her family (the first in 4 yrs) and noone has negative comments about my weight.

Big Bela
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 7:41 am

melbell wrote:
i see a 35 year old woman looking at her self thinking this is the last christmas you will look this big, this is the start of your journey to a skinny healthy you.

melbell, you took the words right out of my mouth. This is EXACTLY what I will be saying.....or rather thinking!
The last christmas, also wedding anniversary, my birthday, my childrens birthdays etc etc that my weight will bring me down!
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 4:37 am

oooh, I love this idea

Christmas 2010 ... standing in front of the mirror...and what do I see?..............

I will be around 2.5 weeks post op and probably eying the Christmas dinner enviously...but only for a few minutes when I will realise what a once in a lifetime gift I have been given...My health. Then i will tuck into some broth and maybe have a little lick of some cream off the pav for dessert Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 65317
Back to top Go down
AzinOZ
Part of the furniture
AzinOZ

Female
Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2010-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 4:28 am

It's a fantastic walking trail on the edge on the dandenongs it's a mimic of the Kokoda Trail in Papua New Guinea, killer workout, literally 1000 steps and steep, when I was skinny I used to do it 3-4 times a week.

http://www.visitvictoria.com/displayobject.cfm/objectid.00036EA7-8220-1EF6-9E6080C476A90000/
Back to top Go down
http://meltingawayinoz.blogspot.com/
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 4:09 am

AzinOZ wrote:
...and I'll be excited about doing the 1000 Steps in FTG with my uncles on boxing day...

What's that?
Back to top Go down
AzinOZ
Part of the furniture
AzinOZ

Female
Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2010-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 3:32 am

Great Idea!!!

Myself at 100kg, halfway to my goal, feeling proud of my accomplishment and actually including myself in photos. This year I won't be exhausted trying to play with my kids and there toys and I'll be excited about doing the 1000 Steps in FTG with my uncles on boxing day like they always do knowing I'll make it with no probs :)
Back to top Go down
http://meltingawayinoz.blogspot.com/
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 3:23 am

melbell wrote:

i see a 35 year old woman looking at her self thinking this is the last christmas you will look this big, this is the start of your journey to a skinny healthy you.

mel

We must be looking at the same person Mel! Won't be sleeved so will be looking forward to tucking into my last big christmas dinner (lol!) and will also be VERY impatiently waiting for January.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 3:20 am

[quote=]Christmas 2010 ... standing in front of the mirror...and what do I see
[/quote]
i see much less of me
i see myself healthier
i see myself wearing nice clothes and feeling confident wearing them
i see myself with a smile
i see myself looking forward to 2011 and new adventures
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 2:05 am

mel
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 1:21 am

Well I wont be in front of the mirror as I will be standing on the beach hopefully in bathers and feeling like I fit in with the world. I wont be trying to hide and I will be playing with my kids in the sand. Then I will go put on a nice summerly dress and go enjoy my xmas day with the rest of our family.... I will be 37 by then but hope to feel 27 again. I hope to weigh 85kg but I am STILL at 100.6 so I better not be there then...lol..
Back to top Go down
Huggy Bear
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:47 pm

I've just gotta jump in on this one too...........

I see a 35 year old woman who is immensley grateful for the past 15 months. I weigh around 85kg, wearing a lovely summer dress, killer summer heels, sporting a sexy spray tan, happy to be in Xmas photo's with my beautiful family. This will be my best Christmas present to myself and I intend to honour it!

xxHuggyBear
Back to top Go down
BrendaBee
BrendaBee

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 11:40 pm

I love this post because it is all about the power of visualisation which is a very powerful tool.

So here goes.........

I see a youthful just over 40 ish lady who is feeling really happy within herself, weighing 94kilo's. She is also wearing a summer dress with nothing covering up her arms and just past the knee, with some high heeled sandals. She is toned and strong. I really love her!!!
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 3:18 pm

...and what do I see? I'm not sure but thought this might be an interesting question. Some people will be 18 months post sleeve, others just 18 days. I will be 8 months out -- twice as far along as I am now. Thought it might be worthwhile posting a possible image here of what I might be like...then checking when the time actually comes. Would love others to join me in front of the mirror. I'm thankful for my post sleeve experience already...not sure I really believe it can keep going and expecting at any moment that the party will end and I'll be stuck in the mid-70s forever... so

• A middle aged woman, hopefully a comfortable size 12, ideally in the low 60s...but maybe struggling to get down past the high 60s. She's wearing a pretty christmassy lightweight summer outfit instead of the baggy three quarter length pants, long tunic and long sleeves that have been the norm in the last 10 years.

What is the image in your mirror?
S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2