3 posters
AuthorMessage
Newmein2014
Newmein2014

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2014-03-27

Not me in the mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not me in the mirror   Not me in the mirror EmptyFri 26 Sep 2014, 3:56 pm

Thanks nightowl. I hope you journey is going well. I just noticed our surgeries were only a few days apart.

I'm hoping one day soon I'll see my true self.
Back to top Go down
nightowl

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Not me in the mirror   Not me in the mirror EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014, 10:14 am

Wow Newmein2014, you have done really well, congratulations! Not me in the mirror 446871

I have always had the opposite problem with my body image, it's the fat chick in the mirror I didn't recognise :-) I've still got a looooong way to go but the "outside" me is starting to look a bit more like the "inside" me every day Not me in the mirror 65317
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Not me in the mirror   Not me in the mirror EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014, 1:35 pm

Hi Newmein2014,

Most people seem to suffer from this type of body dysmorphia as they lose a lot of weight. It takes the brain a long time to alter it's body image. I know some people who are a year or two out still feeling this way.  Issues like still seeing your self as obese in the mirror or trying on clothes that are obviously too big for your smaller size are common. A lot of people take a lot of selfie's and do side by side comparison photo's for re-assurance. If it really troubles you it may be helpful to see a psychologist who can help you work through the issues and give you strategies to understand the new you.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Newmein2014
Newmein2014

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: Not me in the mirror   Not me in the mirror EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014, 12:20 pm

I am currently struggling with what I see in the mirror.  I try to avoid mirrors as much as possible and always have.

When I look at myself I still see a morbidly obese person looking back. I know this can't possibly be the case as I am within spitting distance of my healthy weight range.

Does anyone else have this problem?

If so does it get any better?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not me in the mirror   Not me in the mirror Empty

Back to top Go down

Not me in the mirror
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: