15 posters
AuthorMessage
curvycass
curvycass

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-25

Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 7:25 am

my christmas for 2012

i will be atleast 30 kilos lighter, i might not be exactly where i want to in terms of looks but i will be feeling better and having more confidence, maybe be able to wear a max dress without looking 9 months pregnant, and not having to wear a cardigan to try to hide my arms when its 35 degress, i will be happy and healthy, enjoying time with my family and partner without being paranoid of what people are thinking, i will be able to enjoy xmas lunch without feeling so sick afterwards all you want to do is sleep, most of all i want to be able to go to the beach, my favourite thing ever is swimming and i havnt been able/comfortable with doing that in years, i want to lay out on the beach and get rid of my pasty legs.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 5:16 am

Hopefully a guy that can stand and look in the mirror without his top on and go.. hmm yeah I can live with that.

And then go sit out in the sun and have a beer or 10.

Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 12:53 am

wonderful thread

well from today its 22 weeks till xmas

sooooooooooo yes if its a kg a week thats 22kg down (not quite close to the 100kg mark but still close)

so no shorts for me, but the day will go like this

get up - jump in the pool for a fresh dip, wake my kids up (teenagers not into xmas now) have breakfast outside and give lil gifts out. Look and feel blessed that i am so loved by my man and my kids.

then get sorted to visit my family at my little sister house - my nieces 1st xmas so it will be exciting - and yes wear something light and comfy and soft strappy shoes.

and enjoy all the fresh fruit, light drinks and splashing in the pool with the family

and just LOVE how life is and how close i am to getting to goal.

thanks sSSS for the thread - new goal!
Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female
Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2012-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 11:33 pm

Hi all,

Have loved reading this thread, Christmas 2012, should be wonderful, if I continue losing weight at 1 kilo a week I will be at my goal weight by the end of November. This will be the first summer that I will hopefully be more comfortable in the heat, with my body in swimmers and not feeling sick after christmas lunch because I have eaten to much. If I am not at my goal I will be close to it and it will be a timely reminder of how far I have come and will give me the motivation to get to goal for my one year anniversary in feb 2013. It is also a wonderful present to have given myself - health and a better role model for my 6 year old son to maintain healthy living and eating habits.

Cheers
Melissa
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 8:05 am

Thanks to all so far who have posted their visions for Christmas Day 2012 -- your achievements are already amazing and you inspire an old sleever not to forget what this process was all about. Can't wait to see how we all go in reaching our goals.

S
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 2:32 am

fantastic inspiring thread.

My hopeful version of christmas 2012 will be me smiling as i have my arms covered in compression garments from plastic surgery (excess skin gone) plonked up on pillows, with my eager volunteers around me to open any christmas gifts i may get....hahaha...but in all earnest i will look back to where i was christmas 2011 sipping on my fluids and mushies and wearing a size 20 -22 (probably blackish coloured) to me now in bound arms wearing a hopeful size 14 (bright flowery feminine girly type something) and simply hoping to get my OH to give me a nice pat on the back and saying well done you and me feeling very proud of myself and probably end up getting a bit teary (happy) over the journey of the last 12 months.

Erin
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 12:13 am

What a great idea. My goal is to be in double figures by Christmas time. I look in the mirror and am proud of myself for achieving this and having lost over 67 kilos in 2012. I'm looking forward to a fun day of playing and swimming with my nephews and nieces. (Christmas 2011 there is no way in hell I would have gotten in the pool in front of anyone!)

Last edited by Strawberrychick on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*alexita*
*alexita*

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 10:50 pm

i LOVE this thread!

So i look in the mirror and what do i see??

A slightly slimmer young woman, who just begun her sleeve journey, having to readjust to life with a sleeve (mine is booked for nov) and not actually stuffing my face with christmas food! Confidence boosting slowly, and wearing a dress and actually feeling good!! And pictures! lots and lots of photos, no more hiding in the back!!
Back to top Go down
sammy23
Part of the furniture
sammy23

Female
Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2011-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 10:08 pm

I have read this topic for a few days and each time i go to write somthing but I just want to cry, I guess I havent wrapped my head around this will work and I will lose weight.

Christmas 2012 I see

I am going to go to christmas parties instead of always making an excuse not to go
Be in photos
Wear shorts
I wont spend the afternoon evening feeling sick because I gorged myself
Back to top Go down
Janojet
Part of the furniture
Janojet

Female
Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 1:32 pm

Great topic S...I often think about Christmas as my time to assess.... I do a Christmas letter each year with a family photo - and I can't wait for that to reflect how far I have come - it will be 6 months almost exactly and I cannot really imagine how much weight I will have lost - but I hope quite a lot of what I plan to lose...

Look forward to reading everyone else's Christmas plans and hopes.

Jane
Back to top Go down
Magickal1
Magickal1

Female
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptySat 21 Jul 2012, 5:17 am

So Christmas Day 2012. Standing in front of the mirror and what do I see?

Me at 120kg!!!
Taking family photos and not hiding in the back; I'll be out in front for everyone to see. No more round face and squinty eyes from puffy cheeks. Playing with my nieces and cousins on the ground and not worrying about keeping myself covered and being able to get up! - yay I can wear shorts and togs too!!!
Bliss! Montage forward 6months please!!!
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 3:00 am

Atleast a slightly slimmer version of what I am today having lost atleast 5kg more and ready to continue in my weightloss journey. =]
Gretchen.
Back to top Go down
steph11
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 2:26 am

Great thread I need this imagery today Ssss!

Christmas morning I am surrounded by my lovely husband and gorgeous little girls, I am going to be maintaining my weight at 60 kgs, looking forward to a fun day of lovely fresh heathly foods, lots of swimming and wearing a gorgeous size 10 white dress! I will be thinking back over this year of having a sleeve as my anniversary will be in Jan, and I will be thinking about how far I have come and how although with a few ups and downs I have finally found a healthy and happy way to live and be....

Cant wait for us all to get there,

Steph
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Christmas 2012   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 12:55 am

What do I see

A much slimmer version of me - bypass surgery finished in September 2012 - weight still going down - no nasal gastric tube which was last years Christmas experience - gorgeous maxi dress that I brought in a size 16 which fits - feeling great and looking great too - roll on December 2012

G
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptyThu 19 Jul 2012, 10:29 pm

What a beautiful image, a joy to behold! Merry Christmas

That will hopfully be my view in the mirror in 2014
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror EmptyThu 19 Jul 2012, 3:32 pm

...and what do I see?

Those of us who've been around for a while will remember this topic from 2010...and I thought it worth resurrecting for 2012. I invite you to look ahead to Christmas day 2012 when you're standing in front of the mirror. Some will be two months out from their sleeve, some 2 years. Hopefully all of us will recognize how far we've come since we started this weight loss journey -- but many who have been sleeved in 2012 will be surprised at how much fun it is not to feel disgusted that all you've done is overeat or to feel self-conscious because you're sweltering in long sleeves and pants that could double as a tent for four people, while those around you look cool and summery in light fabrics and colours.

So Christmas Day 2012. Standing in front of the mirror and what do I see?

A 50 year-old woman who has just finished an early morning walk on the beach in togs and a light weight brightly coloured knee length swim top...who has maintained her weight at 65kgs or below and who's about to change into a light summer dress that hugs her gently rounded but pretty flat tummy for someone her age!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror   Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2012. Standing in front of the mirror
Page 1 of 1