Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nigel
Nigel

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-11-11

What are we all doing on Christmas Day? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 5:20 am

We will be having a fairly quiet Christmas day, as most of our family is interstate or feasting with the 'other side', but we will make up for that in the days that follow.

I am singing in the choir for Midnight Mass at one church, and then going to the 8.30 am Mass at another church on Christmas day.
Then preparing a Christmas dinner for my wife and my mum, which will consist of seafood cocktail, roast chicken roll with roast vegies, and Christmas pudding for dessert. I plan to have my first glass of wine since the operation at this meal, along with tasting everything in very small and mushy morsels.

My daughter arrives home from Melbourne, where she now lives, on Boxing day, and that in itself will be a celebration.
On Sunday 27 December we will be having Christmas for my side of the family (12 pax) at our place. I will be roasting a Turkey in the weber. There will be more seafood, frozen christmas pudding this time, ham ...
More small tastes of mushy morsels for me.
On Monday 28 december we will have a similar meal at my wife's brother's place (17 pax), except the roast meat will be beef.

As I type this it looks a bit repetitive, but it is our usual pattern and it certainly does not seem boring at the time.
I am usually the main cook and also the one who eats the most. This year I will just be the main cook.

best wishes for a wonderful Christmas celebration to all on this site.

Nigel

kiss
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:41 am

Well with me it will be up in the morning with son and girlfriend, they get their stockings then. The we are heading up to my brothers this year for the pressie thing (we all usually go a bit overboard, but its fun, and I always put fancy bows on my pressies, spend more time wrapping and decorating than i do on the actual gift), so will be around 10 of us for the traditional lunch, turkey, hot ham, stuffing, vegies, pudding etc. Then son and girlfriend heading off to her family but they may come back later. Then for dinner it is open house, cold leftovers and salad etc. Usually the extended family come then and odd friends, so usually around 25 of us then. Then boxing day at mum's usually. And this year having a bbq at mums on the 27th or 28th with friends of parents.
ANYWAY TO ALL HAVE A MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:32 am

ozpatty wrote:
Hi everyone,
Sorry its been a while since my last posting....
Firstly may I say, *Lib* WOW..... how great to do you look ? fantastic girl.
You must be feeling absolutely sensational.
I'm going to go through all the posts and catch up with as many of you as I can.
My weight loss so far is around the 46 kilos mark, and this is the best I have felt in a long time. The new profile pic was taken 2 weeks ago......
As for what Im doing Christmas day, unfortunately I have to work a day shift and I have been made one of 3 chefs for the day. No worries, at least I dont have to do my regular duties that day.....So, it'll be very interesting being surrounded by all that food and not gorging at it.....lol
May I also take this opportunity in wishing each and everyone of you, adn yoru families, a sensational Christmas and New Year filled with lots of love, laughter and good cheer.
Merry Christmas everyone <3
Love Trish

Thanks Trish, you are looking absolutely fab!!! Well done!!!
Back to top Go down
ozpatty
ozpatty

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 11:51 pm

Hi everyone,
Sorry its been a while since my last posting....
Firstly may I say, *Lib* WOW..... how great to do you look ? fantastic girl.
You must be feeling absolutely sensational.
I'm going to go through all the posts and catch up with as many of you as I can.
My weight loss so far is around the 46 kilos mark, and this is the best I have felt in a long time. The new profile pic was taken 2 weeks ago......
As for what Im doing Christmas day, unfortunately I have to work a day shift and I have been made one of 3 chefs for the day. No worries, at least I dont have to do my regular duties that day.....So, it'll be very interesting being surrounded by all that food and not gorging at it.....lol
May I also take this opportunity in wishing each and everyone of you, adn yoru families, a sensational Christmas and New Year filled with lots of love, laughter and good cheer.
Merry Christmas everyone <3
Love Trish
Back to top Go down
http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wTMLGtu/
lmboyd
Part of the furniture
lmboyd

Female
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 1:07 pm

Thanks Adam thats really cool. My 7yr old, named Grace has to listen to us tirelesly sing 'Amazing Grace' she is gonna love this version when I show her tomorrow What are we all doing on Christmas Day? 618285
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 12:36 pm

Hi Guys n Gals,

Not sure if anyone has seen this before, but I thought it was great - Merry Christmas All!!

Amazing Grace Techno - Computer Controlled Christmas Lights from Richard Holdman on Vimeo.

Back to top Go down
lisab
Part of the furniture
lisab

Female
Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 11:18 am

Every year we do exactly the same routine and the year will be no different. Christmas Eve, my husband the kids and I eat dinner
then hop in the car and drive around (usually end up at The Boulevard in Ivanhoe) to see the Christmas Lights.
Christmas morning is just me, hubby and the kids including daughters boyfriend and sons fiance and nobody is allowed in the lounge room to see the presents until hubby unlocks the lounge room doors (he loves to make the kids suffer). When the doors are opened its a free for all with paper and ribbons and boxes flying in every direction. Then its a breakfast of pancakes (optifast
for me this year) and then we get ready and the whole family goes up to my inlaws (including my parents and my sister and her 3 boys), there are around 40 people usually and as my mum in law is Greek and my dad in law is English and my family are Italian we truly have a feast, but for me it will be mushies all the way.

To everyone on this great forum;
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A TRULY WONDERFUL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Lisab
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 10:18 am

I was hoping to have Christmas lunch at my house this year, but World War 3 erupted over the guestlist (between Hubby and myself), so my sister has said that she will have my side of the family at her house for a late lunch/early tea.

For brunch we are going to Ian's aunties house, but since we cant stay long I am having his dad and brother (his mum is working) over on Christmas Eve so that way Lily's Poppy can spend a bit of time with her (he lives in Dongara [about 3 hours north of Perth], so he doesnt get to see her very much).

I hope that everyone has a very merry Christmas, and enjoys a great day surrounded by their loved ones.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 9:26 am

Christmas day for me is my only day off so I tend to take it easy.
Wake up whenever I like and I used to have bacon and eggs but will probably have an egg LOL. Make a small roast lunch with my daughter and mother. Grand daughter is spending the night before at her dads so will be home at 11ish.
When the other grand parents drop her home we will have a glass of wine. Then then mental opening pressies for Adea.
In the afternoon I always take a nice bottle of wine to my married couple best friends house but this year I might go for a walk to the beach first. It just feels right to be next to the water and reflect on how very lucky I am and lets face it you can only do that on your own.

Then after a couple of glasses of wine probably feel as drunk as a skunk so early night LOL

Love to all and may whatever god you believe in shine on you this Christmas.

Gail
Back to top Go down
Adelaide_Jo
Part of the furniture
Adelaide_Jo

Female
Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 8:19 am

Xmas morning is breakfast at my Brothers with my Dad and Grandmother. Then we can all relax !

Lunch is at my cousins, the chicken shop caters so no cooking is required. I will make a creme caramel and take that and my own mushy xmas lunch...thanks Mum!

Later in the afternoon maybe a trip to see my partners mother in a nursing home.

I will be awake all day I think...that makes a change!

Merry Xmas everyone.

Jo
xx
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 7:53 am

Hi Lib, sorry to hear about your Grandmother's recent passing. My thoughts are with you and your family, especially over Christmas.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 6:09 am

well for me this xmas is lunch at my house with my side of the family (12 of us) then the afternoon to relax before going to my inlaws for dinner (17 there) Lunch is cold meats and salads followed by cheesecake/pavlova. Dinner is a traditional thing with ham, turkey and roast vegetables with plum pudding for dessert (yum...mental note * dont eat too much for dinner so that i can have plum pud and brandy custard later...lol)

Still havent quite finshed the xmas shopping.....but hopefully will be finished by the end of today.

I would just like to wish everyone a very merry xmas and a fantastic 2010.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 8:30 pm

My husband is European descent, so we celebrate on Christmas Eve - all the family comes over (11 adults and 3 children). We have a real tree with real candles, and lots and lots of fresh food. This year we are doing seafood entrees and Singapore Chilli Crab. Then Pannecotta for dessert.

Yum (I'll have a little of everything).
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 6:14 pm

Xmas eve always starts with me doing a mad dash to the supermarkets, cursing and swearing that next year will be different!

It has become a tradition in our household for the immediate family to sit down to a formal dinner xmas eve of baked ham, home made apple sauce and roast turkey with cranberry gravy and a few especially yummy salads, followed by pavlova, trifle, mango and icecream! The menu has never changed, and as these are foods I only cook once a year, I'm not sure my kids would let me! Our family has grown these last few years and this year it will be 10 adults and of course Jayden.

Everyone camping here overnight so Xmas morning will be an early one with lots of pressies to pass out and huge amounts of caffeine for everyone. Then it will be bacon and eggs on the bbq and everyone in the pool. After that it is anything goes, kids and their partners spend the day hopping from house to house, other friends and family stop in for drinks and a swim, all the while hubby and I just sit back and relax. Its just cold leftovers and prawns for lunch for whoevers here and hubby is usually content with just some plum pudding and trifle for tea.

Oh my TNT is groaning just typing this.....

cheers lovlies
tracey
Back to top Go down
OpusKV626
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 2:56 pm

We're having family and friends over. I'll be cooking two turkeys for everyone. No presents between adults this year. We've made a pact. It'll be nice to have a cocktail, help children open their presents, and spend time together.

We might even light a fire! In Florida!! It's been cold enough lately!
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 12:22 pm

We have booked at Jetty's restaurant for lunch (Sorrento)...
This will be my last fat Christmas...
Its not cheap $150.00,Half my family will be there. The best thing is that when we have finished we can get up and leave,NO DISHES!.
And Christmas night off to my brothers ,we will not be eating.
Everyone take care over the silly season,and I hope the fat guy gives you something really nice,
What are we all doing on Christmas Day? 787760

Sharon xxx
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 11:57 am

Il be going early to my sons to watch the grankids open their pressies from santa then home to get ready to go to my nephews this year for lunch and their is 28 of us we always open presents first which once someone turns 21 we do a seceret santa so it doesnt cost so much my youngest is 19 and the last of the grandkids under 21 so hes happy
At lunch we have prawns lobsters ham chicken salads and roast vegies and my niece is doing duck as well then pudding and pavlovia fruit salad for sweets then i have no where else to go so il go home and relax or visit friends

To all of you have a good christmas and safe new year

(for me 2010 has got to be better than 2009)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 11:12 am

I will be going to my son's for brekkie, my hubby is working away for Christmas & New Year this year.

My daughter her husband & daughter, my brother & his wife and my other bro will be there.

we are only small but we love getting together at each others place each year and take it in turns.

We all take a plate or two so its not a stress on the person having the get together, we only buy pressies for kids (only my 2 and g/daughter) (adults if we want to surprise them) but expectations which is great!

nice & relaxing

not sure on lunch or dinner as yet..
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 11:04 am

Have no idea what i am doing this year for Christmas day, spending xmas eve with friends who celebrate xmas on the eve......Having breakfast with a great friend, then for the first time in years, it is not about the food, might go and sit myself on the beach in the sun, read my book and just relax!
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 11:00 am

We are doing dinner at my brothers place. For the first year my grandfather won't be there, he's in a nursing home and can't travel (he's 90) and every year we have done the hot lunch especially for him, he thinks its the done thing, I think this year we are doing that but there will be seafood too. So my husband and daughter and I will have majority of the day to spend together, we might go to the beach, or we might stay at home playing with her presents. I must say Santa has outdone herself this year :P
We'll also have some thoughts of my Nana who passed away on thursday, I am glad for her that her wish came true and she is now out of pain.
Merry christmas to you all!
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Merry Christmas   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 10:55 am

Well, I will be having a picnic at Heathcote (for those that aren't in Western Australia it is a lovely spot on the river with great views that also happens to be the site of an old mental asylum so quite appropriate I guess) with somebody special. After that , watching the Life of Brian and the Bottom Christmas Special (watch out for the Sprouts of Evil).
I had to tell you my plans to avoid straying from topic folks, but mostly I wanted to post here to wish you a heart-felt Merry Christmas.
Easily said I know, but if you do find yourself alone at this time, try to see it as an opportunity for planning and reflection.
Merry Christmas to those I know and love here at Gastric Sleeve Support, and to those I haven't encountered but share this common bond with.

Deb x
Back to top Go down
Donna-lee
Part of the furniture
Donna-lee

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 10:41 am

Hi all

for me its going to be a lonely xmas arvo as the kids are off to the ex at lunch time and all my other family living in Qld oh well I guess I will be able to catch up on some much needed me time..

Merry christmas
Donna What are we all doing on Christmas Day? 217555
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 9:23 am

Christmas is a big deal around here. I love it to bits. The house has a zillion lights and I even put bows on my presents, which my sister says is going just to far hehehe. I am one of the rare people who LOVE the shops before Christmas I love the music and the bustle and all that is going on. Okay I hate ques. Because we went away this year and only just got back I had our lights up Christmas tree up and all shopping done and wrapped by the end of November. but of course I have got back and I am now finding stuff to add to that hehehe.
Christmas lunch is always traditional, and this is my sisters first year at doing it my mum has always done it before. She is getting rather annoyed at all the being told by everybody how to cook stuff as her reputation as a cook is not great hehehe We are all staying on there for a seafood dinner as she has a large pool. Eleven for lunch and not sure how many for dinner yet.
Boxing day is usually Rockingham beach for the day with leftovers and the not so traditional fish and chips for dinner.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
newlifestyle888
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 9:14 am

Janette if you lived near me you'd be more than welcome to join my family.

My xmas will start with carols on xmas eve. Some food preperation as well. There will be 10 of us for xmas day, lots of food...prawns,chicken,ham and daughter making sweets. So glad I've had the sleeve and won't have to lose the extra festive kgs again, like I do every year.

Merry christmas to all
Enjoy the time with your family and friends

Vicky What are we all doing on Christmas Day? 787760
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are we all doing on Christmas Day?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next