pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Food   Christmas Food EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010, 9:09 am

Christmas Food 120705 Thanks to all the people who were sleeved last year giving advice and their recollections. I'm being sleeved Nov 17th and my plans for chrissy include turkey gravy with potato mash.. he he he! Love the idea of prawn mousse - think that may be a goer.
Christmas Food 110673 using the Wii with the kids sounds good too!
Christmas Food 787760 We normally have the family chrissy at a park wirh a bring your own picnic. SInce I've been sleeved for the last three christmases I haven't eaten much at the 'do' and no-one notices.
Christmas Food 63412 The other thing that happens in our house is that dad takes his boys camping (they're now 14 and 18) and mum has time for sewing/quilting. I used to go but got too big for feeling comfortable on a campbed and got fed up of camp cooking. Christmas Food 2329
wow Maybe we should put together a chrissie recipe book for those with little tummies?
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Food   Christmas Food EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 6:28 pm

I was sleeved the same time last year.

My Christmas lunch was a shake!
I didn't care, I was sleeved!!

4 weeks out, all going well you should be one a soft diet.
Back to top Go down
nuttybbw

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Food   Christmas Food EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 1:10 pm

great topic...

especially as I've wondering about this my self... my op is due on December 13th...so I have kinda joking with people that I'm gonna be having turkey soup..

I was wondering is this likely to be case ?

Christmas Food 697586
Back to top Go down
Angelwithlovehandles
Angelwithlovehandles

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Food   Christmas Food EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 12:28 pm

I like all your suggestions! I'm particularly keen on the homemade mango ice cream...yumbo in my new tiny tumbo!
Gkath...I'm so excited to find someone in Adelaide being sleeved so close to me! I'll be watching your posts with interest to see how you go and to cheer you on! (I'm not telling anyone either..just my hubby. Hope there's no complications otherwise I'm going to have to do some quick explaining!)
As for Christmas, I think I'll just keep myself busy preparing food in the kitchen, so that no-one actually notices that I'm not eating anything! I may make a Christmas ice cream cake with berries and whatnot, so I could always have a spoonful of that. Anything else I attempt to eat will be well chewed before swallowing that's for sure.
The last thing I want is to be feeling ill or in pain on Christmas day when trying to entertain the in-laws! Christmas Food 135961
Alternatively, I could spend my time with all the kids playing my new Wii Fit Plus that I'm SUPPOSED to be getting for Xmas!! So excited. Hopefully at 4 weeks post op I'll be able to start exercising lightly??
I looooooove Christmas. It's my baby girl's first Xmas this year, and I'm so happy to think that due to this surgery I'll be able to enjoy future Xmas's with her even more.
Big hugs to all of you.
xxAngelxx
Back to top Go down
gkathanasiou
gkathanasiou

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Food   Christmas Food EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 11:52 am

Im gonna be in the same boat as you....have my surgery booked for the 24th of november...this has been something that I have been thinking about too, especially as my family don't know that I am having the surgery (just my husband)...i will be reading this post with interest!~ thanks for starting it!!

Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Food   Christmas Food EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 11:01 am

I had the best Christmas lunch last year.... went to Scarborough with Donna-Lee.... we had soup and then crossed the road and had an ice-cream! I was 10 days out of surgery! LOVE IT! LOVE MY SLEEVE!
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Food   Christmas Food EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:34 am

Im sure I had something whizzed up eg chicken gravy cheese sauce maybe and about hour later 1/2 teaspoon of pav and 2 teaspoons of homemade mango ice cream last christmas ...

It was awesome not to be stuffed to the point of pain I think its a great time to be sleeved : )

Tarnz

Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Food   Christmas Food EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 9:20 am

Hi Angel

Why not try making something like a prawn/crab/salmon/tuna souffle? It can be really light and fluffy and you will hopefully enjoy it more (and more of it) then a sliver of turkey....One month out I was eating smoothies, yoghurt, soup and frozen yoghurt and not a lot else... Mind you...good option for dessert is meringue...it melts in your mouth...

good luck with working out what works for you

S
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Food   Christmas Food EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 8:39 am

Hey Angel,

I will be at 4 weeks on Thursday and I'm already all good with soft foods. I'm still technically on purees, but I haven't officially pureed anything - just eat things that are mushy/really soft and chew them well. I even ate a small piece of pizza last week, which probably classifies as normal food rather than soft even ( was out with friends all day and there wasn't a lot of choice...).

I'm sure you will be fine with a few nice soft xmas veggies without pureeing them - be careful with the turkey though, if you are going to have it try a tiny piece first and chew it really well. My dietitian told me that dryer meats are often not tolerated as well at first. I personally would chop it really tiny and mix with a little gravy to make it soft enough to chew to a puree.

Good luck with the surgery! Not long to go now!!
~Isis xox
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Food   Christmas Food EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 8:32 am

breakfast: sustagen popper
drink peppermint tea
sipping water
lunch: 1Tablespoon custard with 1/2 tablespoon pureed apple and strawberry

afternoon
milk coffee

dinner: 2 tablespoons pureed casserole

1/2 small cup strawberry milkshake on my birthday
Back to top Go down
Angelwithlovehandles
Angelwithlovehandles

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Food   Christmas Food EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 8:27 am

Hi all,
I'm having my op on the 30th November, so I presume I'll still be eating mushy food for Christmas day? Or do you think I could eat soft food by then?
Does soft food mean a small bit of turkey and soft roast vegies with gravy?
I don't want to overdo it, but I hate the thought of having an Opti and some pureed veg for Xmas lunch!
Where are most people at with their eating 4 weeks out from surgery?
Any advice dealing with Xmas food at this difficult time of retraining yourself what to eat?
Thanks,
xxAngelxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Food   Christmas Food Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Food
Page 1 of 1