Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....

Go down 
+25
leici
Joyla
Caz
butterfly girl
Carly
concertina789
Raingold
fififofum
LAINEY
CurvyChef
cos im worth it
mapmar
mamacoops
Bela
realme
Jigglypuff
Carrie
AzinOZ
Peazles
shelly25
melbell
fatnomore
Huggy Bear
BrendaBee
sssss
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 6:18 am

Congratulations to all those who took a stab at what they might see in their mirror tomorrow.....

Hope your expectations have been realised == or exceeded -- and you can focus on simply enjoying the day (rather than worrying about what you're wearing and how you look).

Have a blessed Christmas and a fun New Year...

S
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyWed 15 Dec 2010, 4:12 am

Fantastic Rhonda - gotta love those support garments!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Rhonda

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyWed 15 Dec 2010, 4:09 am

CHRISTMAS 2010 - STANDING IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR-
WHAT DO I SEE

If I put my support garment on - I see the person who I am becoming - I know that the skin is hanging- the garment discises this -it is from mid thigh to under the bust - I put my arms down beside my body to hide my Grand-ma arms and I can accept myself-
I am a person who today rode a push bike - without falling off it -
A person who is looking to the future and know that my body will improve -

A PERSON WHO IS HAPPIER & HEALTHIER THAN WHAT SHE HAS BEEN FOR AGES'''
Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... 487524
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyWed 15 Dec 2010, 12:43 am

Christmas 2010 ... standing in front of the mirror ... and what do I see?

The biggest change is that I DO stand in front of the mirror and actually look at myself. I was a master of looking at the bits I felt were OK and skimming over or blurring out the rest.

I can see a person with an ACTUAL WAIST and many less stretch marks. I look like a slim person (see - I can admit it) and just seeing myself in the mirror makes me smile (how vain is that!!!!)

Christmas 2011 will be something similar - I will see a person who has maintained their weight for a full year, and because I will have added exercise, I will have more toned arms and legs.

I like my mirror now.
Back to top Go down
bubbles
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010, 11:53 pm

Christmas 2010 ... standing in front of the mirror...and what do I see?..............

Unfortunately in the mirror I DON'T see the 25kg lighter person that I am ...
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyTue 14 Dec 2010, 11:37 pm

So happy Huggy Bear that you are well on track to meeting your Christmas goal. I am too and thought others might like to be reminded re what they said and how far they've come....

S

Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... 63412
Back to top Go down
Huggy Bear
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyFri 19 Nov 2010, 10:19 am

I wrote this on the 4th August - only 2 months after I'd been sleeved....

I see a 35 year old woman who is immensley grateful for the past 15 months. I weigh around 85kg, wearing a lovely summer dress, killer summer heels, sporting a sexy spray tan, happy to be in Xmas photo's with my beautiful family. This will be my best Christmas present to myself and I intend to honour it! xxHuggyBear

With Christmas still 5 full weeks away, I am already weighing in at 89.3kg, wearing gorgeous size 14 - 16 clothes everyday (including summer dresses!), whacking on my fake tan regularly and just loving life! I know I will be so happy to pose in family photos this year!!!!

xxHuggyBear
Back to top Go down
Rebothy
Rebothy

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyFri 19 Nov 2010, 10:11 am

Love it :)

However I won't spend too much time in the mirror, I'll be too busy having my photo taken. I'm comfortable enough in front of the camera now tht I don't have to hide when it comes near me, and when I'm dead and gone my babies will hve some memories of me.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyThu 18 Nov 2010, 1:57 am

Hey Ssssss,

Lovely topic.

What will I see??
A happy, healthy lady with still a ways to go but not worried about the journey anymore, who knows it is achievable with extra perseverence..... my journey is a slower one than some but I am not bothered by it at all.
Will be having breakfast here at home with family after night shift then having more sleep before more night shift :)
Will be wearing a white, summery dress with sparkly bits on the yoke, needs to be taken in now so should look okay...... now, should i get a spray tan???
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 11:55 pm

Perhaps we should all do a Christmas 2011 S? Now that would be even more interesting!

I see a clear reflection in the mirror now, no shadows behind, no blurred edges, above all someone who can now stand and look at herself, not glimpse and turn away quickly.
Very thankful.
Back to top Go down
Joyla
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 11:50 pm

I will see the mirror image of a person who is happier with herself, who is proud of what she is achieving and who is grateful for the support from her family and friends, including those on this website.

As to weighloss, I am well on my way to being around 120kg by surgery in January so maybe by Christmas I'll be down to the mid to high 120s. Maybe. But I will be happy with whatever loss I have cos I know "I am doing my best in this quest".
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 9:17 pm

How prophetic was your statement!!!

Are you psychic?
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 9:13 pm

sssss wrote:
...and what do I see? I'm not sure but thought this might be an interesting question. Some people will be 18 months post sleeve, others just 18 days. I will be 8 months out -- twice as far along as I am now. Thought it might be worthwhile posting a possible image here of what I might be like...then checking when the time actually comes. Would love others to join me in front of the mirror. I'm thankful for my post sleeve experience already...not sure I really believe it can keep going and expecting at any moment that the party will end and I'll be stuck in the mid-70s forever... so

Christmas 2010 ... standing in front of the mirror...and what do I see?
  • A middle aged woman, hopefully a comfortable size 12, ideally in the low 60s...but maybe struggling to get down past the high 60s. She's wearing a pretty christmassy lightweight summer outfit instead of the baggy three quarter length pants, long tunic and long sleeves that have been the norm in the last 10 years.

What is the image in your mirror?
S

Hi all....thought I would bring this one back up given that Christmas is now only five weeks away. Amazingly. am now in the mid-60s -- not sure I'll get to the low 60s yet...but not sure I believed I'd really be this close to goal either by Christmas... dresses have started reappearing in my wardrobe...so thinking my size 12 Christmas mirror image is a possibility (and not just a pipedream :)...

S
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 12:31 pm

Laila

See my last post on your other thread about the opti allergy. We just want to see you alive in the mirror as well. Look after yourself.

S
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 4:15 am

for me it is all a little different...

I just want to be alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 2:07 pm

Yes Carly...best of luck for the op this week...can't wait to see your Christmas wish come true...

S
Back to top Go down
LAINEY
Part of the furniture
LAINEY

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 12:05 pm

Sounds fabulous Carly!
See you after the op then!
Back to top Go down
Carly
Carly

Female
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 5:19 am

When I look in the mirror - Christmas 2010 - What will I see?

I will see a 37yr women getting very close to cracking the 100kgs by then, with all the crappy past fews years falling away behind me. Hey there chicky, looking better......keep it up.....

My children will all be a year older 4, 11, 16......I will be able to comfortably play on the floor in the lounge room with the countless toys, not to mention get up off the floor again. We will be at my brothers home in Townsville, so light summer clothing will be a must. Actually fitting into a pair of fishermans pants, that are meant to be 'one size fits all', ppppft! They look terrible but I want to be able to wear a pair!
I will have packed up our family home in Sydney and be in the process of re-locating to the Northern Territory. A move that is being done to become the new me. Minimum stress and countless laughs....
Back to top Go down
concertina789

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Christmas 2010   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 4:41 am

Looking forward to it already !!
I am nearly 30 Kg down after 2 months and ecstatic!
I am going to walk into my Aunts home on Christmas day and WOW their 'jingle bell' socks off!

I will be 35, weigh in the 80's have a great fun summer dress on. I will on the arm of my georgeous, fantasticly supportive husband and wait while jaws drop and eyes widen. I will be the belle of the ball - not the ball. I will swim in the pool - yes swim - in a bathing suit. I will love who I am and what I have achieved.

Thanks to the support from all of you womderfully inspiring people.
Back to top Go down
LAINEY
Part of the furniture
LAINEY

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 5:26 pm

"I am sick of saying, hopefully I'll be thin next birthday, christmas etc. and then they roll around and I'm still fat or getting fatter."

Aint that the truth!!!! I say it every autumn "Next summer Ill be thin" sigh....

D'oh but hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEXT YEAR I WILL be thin... sorry shouting... just cant help meself!!!

xx
Back to top Go down
fififofum
fififofum

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:01 am

Still laughing from the thought of it Carrie! If I'm in a chekky mood on surgery day, I'll give it a go!

In all seriousness though - if it weren't for the posters on here sharing the good, the bad and the ugly, I would have decided on a band. I read through hundreds of posts and I was inspired.
Thanks to you all kiss

I am sick of saying, hopefully I'll be thin next birthday, christmas etc. and then they roll around and I'm still fat or getting fatter. That disappointment eats away at you and eventually you convince yourself that you're not capable of change. BUT WE ARE!
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:51 am

Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... 2329 ...seriously, I was actually on the bed in the pre-op room with the canula already in my hand, right outside the theatre doors when I said it to the nurse... if you want to see a nurses jaw drop to the ground, give it a try :-)

-Carrie x
Back to top Go down
fififofum
fififofum

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 7:56 am

OMG Carrie - I'm not getting a band, I'm getting the sleeve - you can tell that I'm a recent convert huh? Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... 697586

Thanks for setting me straight! Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... 120705
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 4:02 am

Mel, that's EXACTLY what I thought last Christmas!! [but I wasn't 35 I was 52] As well as standing on the stage at Presentation Day, and thinking.. Hope you lot remember this. It's the last time you'll see me this way!
Hope to knock their socks off later this year....
plans are afoot!!

melbell wrote:
i see a 35 year old woman looking at her self thinking this is the last christmas you will look this big, this is the start of your journey to a skinny healthy you.
mel
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 12:00 am

fififofum wrote:
...who was banded 1 month and 8 days ago...

Oh Fi, LOL, make sure you get the right op :-)... in the little pre-op room, one of the nurses asked me what I was having done and I accidently said "gastric band" it gave us both a fright, LOL.

-Carrie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....   Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2010...standing in front of the mirror....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: