Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 5:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Seeing as we are a big 'family' I thought it would be nice to see what everyone was up to on Christmas Day.

Are you having a quite day, 50 for lunch or driving all over the place so you can catch up with the extended family?

Do you do the traditional turkey dinner or go aussie style with prawns on the barby?

Whatever you are doing I hope you have a wonderful day.

This year I am having 12 for lunch. My family is English so we always have the traditional roast turkey meal. My mum will pick my daughter up from her dads on the way here so there will be me and my hubby, my daughter, my mum and stepdad, my dad and stepmum, my brother, sister inlaw and their 3 kids. I am very grateful that we only have a small family at Christmas time. My husbands kids and partners are off to Mt Gambier to be with their mums family.

This year will be interesting food wise. I hope I don't over indulge and make myself sick What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 595690
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
newlifestyle888
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 9:14 am

Janette if you lived near me you'd be more than welcome to join my family.

My xmas will start with carols on xmas eve. Some food preperation as well. There will be 10 of us for xmas day, lots of food...prawns,chicken,ham and daughter making sweets. So glad I've had the sleeve and won't have to lose the extra festive kgs again, like I do every year.

Merry christmas to all
Enjoy the time with your family and friends

Vicky What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 787760
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 8:31 am

Well seeing as I am not allowed to fly until I am 2 weeks post-op (kids and grandkids all in Qld), I will be staying here for Christmas. I am going up to friends for part of the day, otherwise home alone, sip, sip, sipping.............
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 7:58 am

As my mum is in a country nursing home we took her out for the day yesterday to my sister's house as she lives in same town. We had a family xmas lunch for 22 and everyone brought a plate or 2 or 3 to share lol. Was a great day.
On the 24th we are driving to the Grampions with my neice and her husband and 3 children so we will have Christmas lunch in Halls Gap for 9 with a turkey roll roast and roast vegies along with cold ham, chicken and salads and dinner for 11 (which will be the leftovers) as my sister and her husband will arrive late. The following day will be a BBQ lunch for 11 as it is my nephew's birthday.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 6:52 am

we hosted my husband's family christmas yesterday and had about 40 people here. it was a great day, and i may have wished i could have fit more food in, as there was so much food, but really i'm glad i couldn't. we still have stacks of leftovers, though, even after giving away a doen or more well stocked 'doggy bags'.
on 23rd, we're going to one daughter's place to give gifts, then to another daughtetr's to do gifts early christmas morning. then there's btrunch at a 3d daughter's on chtristmas day, followed by christmas dinner at night at a friend's place.
then, on 9th january, our 4th daughter is coming over with her family for a holiday so we'll be doing christmas dinner again then - with lots of frozen leftovers!
this is the busiest christmas we've ever had, and althoigh enjoyable, is quite exhausting.
thank goodness for my tiny tummy!!!
Back to top Go down
charma
charma

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 6:51 am

Well Im off to visit my sister and BIL in Esperance for xmas this year. Should be nice. My nephew turns one on christmas eve. My parents and my other sister and her husband will be there too.. should be nice!
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 6:04 am

OMG look at your ticker!!! go do a wee honey and you will be in DD's...lol So close Lib!!!

Ok well for the first time ever my family is having xmas on xmas eve...my brother works for customs and wont knock off till 11.30pm xmas night...mum and dad are travelling 800kms to be here so and other brother lives here in ACT too so xmas at my place since i have the most ppl :)

Then xmas day is pressies and brekky here then off to SIL's for xmas lunch :)

Food wise on both occasions will be full on but I will just sample a bit of this and that and enjoy :)
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 5:59 am

Seeing as we are a big 'family' I thought it would be nice to see what everyone was up to on Christmas Day.

Are you having a quite day, 50 for lunch or driving all over the place so you can catch up with the extended family?

Do you do the traditional turkey dinner or go aussie style with prawns on the barby?

Whatever you are doing I hope you have a wonderful day.

This year I am having 12 for lunch. My family is English so we always have the traditional roast turkey meal. My mum will pick my daughter up from her dads on the way here so there will be me and my hubby, my daughter, my mum and stepdad, my dad and stepmum, my brother, sister inlaw and their 3 kids. I am very grateful that we only have a small family at Christmas time. My husbands kids and partners are off to Mt Gambier to be with their mums family.

This year will be interesting food wise. I hope I don't over indulge and make myself sick What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 595690
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are we all doing on Christmas Day?   What are we all doing on Christmas Day? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are we all doing on Christmas Day?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2