AuthorMessage
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

4 days out going home tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptySat 28 Feb 2009, 12:35 am

Hi Cloud painter,
I'll have you know I spent a few minutes trying to squash that little bug that somehow managed to crawl under the screen of my new computer.

Couldnt' understand why it was unscathed despite a few good pushes.
Duahhh 4 days out going home tomorrow 697586
Sophia
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 5:07 pm

Hiya Oma ......

You are always welcome to also join us in the March thread if you would like to.......it would be great to have you come in oneday, pull up a comfy chair and have a chat.........we will put the kettle on & give you the bestest china cup in the cupboard !

Tex........23lbs !!!!....seems like every time i log on you've lost another pound.....thats just over 10kilos in our metric language.....that so cool........im so proud of you.....and so very ecstatically happy for you gal pal o'mine !.... xx

Hugs
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 3:27 pm

Helicobacter pylori is actually present in like 50% of the population...
It's easily tested for now... where as, not too long ago, they had to have stomach tissue to test for it.

You're right, oma - easily treated with anitbiotics now.

Let us know how it goes, K?

*hugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thecloudpainter
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 9:15 am

Hi Oma, many of the people on this site have had Hiatus Hernia repairs at the same time they were sleeved- me included. Most of us didn't know we had one until we were opened up.
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: EGD/Hiatus hernia   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 9:10 am

Hi Cloud Painter, Well I had my EGD and they did find that I have a smal hiatus hernia. Doc said it was not a problem. Stomach and duodenum was fine, however have to wait for biopsy to see if I have H Pilar, I think it is a common bacteria found in stomach lining. If it is there, I have read it is treated with antibiotics. So will have to wait to find out about that. Meanwhile. I hope they can fix the hernia thing. Does anyone else know about those conditions in relationship to being sleeved?
Oma
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 2:38 am

Oma,
That actually sounds like a wonderful program...
At least you'd be in the correct mindset for eating correctly & well-balanced.
You'll be getting the best of both worlds!

The main way I feel the difference is structurally...
I don't feel so pulled down and forward anymore.
There are days I don't lose a thing, weeks even, then it does start to slip off.
I need to plug my Wii fit board in & actually use it, not just stare at it like an idiot... hehe~

Hormonal can play a big part of this...
One of the reason's I think I lost a pound in the last couple days is that it's getting close to that time *grrrr*,
so I took some Premsyn and an OTC mild diuretic.

As I've mentioned numerous times before, this is only a tool to aid in behavior modification, not a solution.
I'm trying to increase my physical activity to get things in motion.
I have 44 years of bad behavior to overcome... it's not easy.
I'm also really struggling with my water intake.

Upwards & onwards, right?
Take care!
4 days out going home tomorrow Bug_an10
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 1:36 am

Cloud Painter,
Yes, they sure are putting me through the ringer on tests. But how else would I have known, I was diabetic, had sleep apnea, Osteoarthritis and Gerd without all the tests they did on me to ensure I could qualify for the surgery. So hoping to get a good nights sleep as I understand the Doc doesn't want to use an anesthesia for the procedure tomorrow. He said he is good without it. I just hope my nerves are. I went through one in 2007 and vowed I wouldn't do one again, but for the sleeve , I will endure.

With the long term maintenance plan, I was advised by surgeon this was a program the hospital offered for a year. I don't think I was what they expected, as they earn their brownie points on getting people to lose weight through their own diet plan (mediterranean diet) and exercise and yoga type zen relaxation techniques. The nutrtionist said, I don't know what I can do to help you, since we won't be responsible for you losing weight? I just let the comment fly by and said, well it would be nice to see what you all can offer for the process of eating mediterranean for bariatric patients. I explained that the weight loss Doc is trying to put together a program utilizing all the resources within the hospital already there. So she said she would put things together for me. The physiologist also made a comment, that they (those working at the clinic) would not get credit for my weight loss. So I guess they have to show #s to justify their funding. Not sure, but figured I would get all the informationI can from this maintenance program as I am sure it will all help to keep me on track. So far, I don't think I have learned anything more than I haven't already read, but it is nice to get condensed information and start planning ahead menus that I can look forward to eating once I am on solids.
Oma
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 1:26 am

Cloud Painter,
Wow, Another Pound!
How are you feeling? Do you feel lighter than air yet?
Or at least a little lighter in your step? It seems you are doing great in less than 2 months with what you have lost already! Have you been able to exercise yet? Are you finding yourself tired at times, or getting enough nutrition to be able to make it day to day?
Oma
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 1:21 am

Wow!
They're really checking you out very thoroughly... *S*
Because I was a self-pay, I skipped all that stuff.

Good luck and let us know what's going on, ok?
This site is a wonderful source of information and a wealth of experience.

Take care!
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyThu 26 Feb 2009, 1:16 am

Hi Cloud Painter,
It sounds that all is going really well for you and I am happy. I had to go through another 8 hour session of nutrition training, stress management and physiology for long term maintenance planning. Tomorrow I have an EGD (endoscopy to look into stomach and intestine to ensure there are no ulcers hernias, etc.) So if all goes well tomorrow, my surgery is still on for March 23rd. I sure do appreciate you all answering questions as you go through the process, as no one knows better what to explain and what to tell others to expect than those actually going through the changing process. Thanks for your insight.
Oma 4 days out going home tomorrow 217555
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyWed 25 Feb 2009, 5:31 am

Oma -
Not sure about anyone else, but the hunger pains I feel now are NOTHING like normal...
It's almost a thought that passes real quickly. It's like, Was that really there or not???
I'm still a little low energy, but other than that, feeling good.
It's definitely a tool to get to our goal... we need to do the rest.

Hope that helps...
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyWed 25 Feb 2009, 4:05 am

Hi Cloud Painter,
Glad to be back and catching up with everyone. Sounds like you are doing great!
I keep hearing that this surgery is a tool not the be all solution. Can you better explain now having had the surgery how it works as a tool? I think that would help us waiting on the other side to come, what we have to do using this tool. I know following th liquid, to mush to solids and that we have to concentrate on proteins, however not sure what the surgery sleeve does other than we just have a smaller stomach to fill. Are you all feeling any affects of the grehlin hunger hormone satiated? Just would like to hear from you, how you feel and hunger pains.
Thanks,
Oma
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 11:21 pm

Cool, vchaney -
Glad you're feeling so well - the burps will stop.
Great past-time!
Yeah - kid of a rude awakening when we do realize this is a TOOL and it won't all come off by itself, eh?
LOL!
Take care!
Back to top Go down
vchaney
vchaney

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 11:02 pm

Hi Friends,
I am now 6 DAYS sleeved. How on earth was it so over and done with so easily!!
I feel a little bit confused as today I feel no different to how I did 7 days ago-but without the jitters.A friend has asked if I am sure the dr did anything.
The only sign is the painless bruising in 5 spots and that I am having an Up & Go Choc Ice for breakfast-close to 10.00am rather than something naughtier at 7.00am.
I am not hungry but I do feel like eating. Came out of hosp yesterday and felt sorry for my kids so made them their fav meals.Made Chicken Shnitzel and Cheesy Quesdillas. Really felt like having some and learned how this op is only a tool not a total solution.
I haven't felt hungry or full yet.Just get the burps.
Starting to think about autumn clothes.Wonderful past-time
Vicki
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 6:27 pm

You 2 gals are insomniacs... LOL!

Robyn - I'll have to live in my turnout/bunker gear... LOL!
Wow! That'll help with weightloss, eh?
ROFLMAO!
There'd be a little dribble of sweat leaking out the bottoms -
the average temp in summer there is like 93*F (with humidity to match, I'm sure)
I'm going to die in the heat.... ugh!
Tornadoes - take me away... please... :[img]http://sm
Back to top Go down
Robyn
Part of the furniture
Robyn

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 5:50 pm

Hey Bella it's 3:45am can't sleep.
Head fuzzy due to sleep deprivation so if I don't make sense let me know.
I am going to start my diary Sunday night, don't know why I have left if so late.
Hubby won't be out of action for long so he will be able to take care of me and house, although his idea of housework and mine are 2 different things.
Already have coins in piggybank.
Poor CP what are we going to do with her.
Hey CP
Robyn
4 days out going home tomorrow 217555
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 5:48 pm

Ya'll are awesome!

Tazi - love your little emoticons... they're precious!
You're awesome & you rock!

Robyn - we'll have to kidnap Tazi and all of us meet up somewhere... LOL!

Yeah - natural disasters tend to follow me...
kinda scared to move to Tornado Alley... LOL!
Now meteorite showers? Great... DUCK!

LOL!
Night ya'll!
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 1:04 pm

Hi Robyn,

You must be reading my mind !!

I'm not scared either.....just a hard to explain kind of jittery jelly wobbly thing happening whenever i get a jolt out of the blue that reminds me of it......like starting TF on Monday..... i know its Monday - but there's a bugger of a thought that slips into my brain that says "nah naaah n nah naaaah...you're starting the shakes cos you're getting ready to have surgery ".........and the rest of my brain answers ...."sh*t !!... that's right....Im having surgery !! "....same thing when Pete on here suggested i start a diary soon......my first reaction was "what for ??".....lol...... then that slippery bugger of a thought said the same thing...except this time it said Diary instead of Shakes ....hehe

You'll be there for Hubby when he's getting ready to be wheeled off.....that will be such a support for him......and im glad for you that he will be there for you when you wake up......

So i take it that if you are both home recovering ....... the housework is going to go to pot ????.....rotflmbo !....that is so cool !

Hope you & hubby have a piggy bank
to save those pennies in !

'Cept CP has done it again.......a meteorite was headed for Texas tonight ! .....calamity apparently tends to follow her .. lol
Hugs
Bella
Back to top Go down
Robyn
Part of the furniture
Robyn

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 10:58 am

Hey CP
You could always come over and share with us, I know a little expensive, but worth it.
5 sleeps left for me.
Wish I had the fast option, had work comittments, you know how it is with ambulance services, they are the same no matter where you go, same sh-t, different country, being in small country town makes it worse, anyway I am taking 8 wks sick leave.
This site is wonderful, it has been a lifesaver, so many wonderful people on here such as yourself.

Bella
Yep, sounds like a good idea, reach goal, go for a hol to America, meet CP, wouldn't that just be great.
I am not so much scared just nervous, can't really explain it, I am so sick of Isowhey though 3 times a day. Yuk! My doctor said I would probably feel like throwing the shakes at him by the time I came in for surgery, he was right, think I will. Having said that I have been sticking to it have lost 4.8kgs so far, have weigh in tomorrow.
You will be reminded before you're wheeled in.
I can't quite imagine my guy on a bucking bronco. There's that visualization thing again. lol.
Thanks for the best wishes, he goes in 1st, don't think I will be able to see him when he wakes up, I wanted to be there, doctors office girl said I will need to be in my room ready and waiting, so I won't be there for him, bugger. Hopefully he will be waiting for me when I come out, his procedure is minor, so we will be able to exchange info.
You're still a crack up.
Hugs to you both

4 days out going home tomorrow 217555 kiss 4 days out going home tomorrow 63412
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 6:00 am

dang it ....

SmileyCentral.com ......that last emoticon was supposed to be one of our boys on a bucking bronco.......

nicely occupied playing at being a Texan while us girls are off being evil....... lol

ps.... Robyn....... best wishes for your hubbies op on Monday as well.....he is going to be fine too - just like you !
the family that gets surgery together,
stays together !

sorry... in a daggy mood today
hugs Bella :))
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 5:56 am

Oh big hugs Tex

We want you there too ......
SmileyCentral.com
I am saving up my pennies for when i reach goal weight to come visit.......
maybe Robyn and her hubbie will come too ?
we could all be evil together.... get some retail therapy,SmileyCentral.com lattes, entrees and some lady pampering ....
send the boys off lassooing bulls and riding bucking broncos SmileyCentral.comand wearing big Texan hats....hmmmm sound too much like Charters ....hehe

Hey you too.....did you read where Nicole, Steph and Ange have all reached goal weight and ae now trying to maintain their weight and stop losing more ???? .... and Chris has reached her goal weight and has had to reassess a new goal weight ?? how inspiring are those gals ???.... That will be us in the not too distant future...... if the heeby jeebies are getting to you Robyn,..... just keep remembering that their stories will also be yours one day not far away...... oh and can you please remind me of that when im a few days off being wheeled in ??? cool - thanks......hehe

hugs to you both
xx
Bella :))
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 5:21 am

Robyn & Tazi -

I am sooooo jealous!
I wanna be there to share the entree with ya'll!
*sniffs sniffs*
4 days out going home tomorrow 68366

Robyn - how many sleeps left?
I think that's why I booked mine so fast after I made up my mind...
from decision to surgery was like 4 or 5 days... LOL!
No time for jitters...

This site has been so incredible -
very full of advice, heaped with experience, topped with a dash of humor!
Can't forget the people that actually care about the others here... *S*
Back to top Go down
Mez

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 4:58 am

Hi HAR

Hope you are doing well, and recovering nicely.

I was sleeved on the same day as you, and YES I too feel hungry. When I awoke from surgery and was taken to HDU to spend the first night - I was STARVING!!!!!!!! I was getting all the growls and rumbles from my stomach indicating hunger- and all I could have was ice chips. That just wasnt cutting it for me. I have heard with some people that the hungty feeling takes longer to subside, so I guess I will just to have to hang in there and it will get it self sorted.

Yesterday (my first day out) I had a vitamised bolognaised sauce for lunch and it was YUMMY. I had that at 12pm and then felt very full - but I did not feel hungry again until 7pm. I think then I was over hungy because I was getting the shakes and felt light headed). I still need to get my head around the whole head hunger thing, and working out when I am hungry and when I am not!!!!
Back to top Go down
Robyn
Part of the furniture
Robyn

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 7:28 am

Hey Bella
You are evil but in a good way, funny though.
I can't wait to meet you and share an entree, how great will that be.
Getting close now hey, this time next Monday it will be all over for me, been a long wait, it seems surreal, like it is not me, we have to leave really early on Monday morning, 5am, as we have 3 1/2hr trip to Rockhampton. I'll be in the car thinking OMG, what am I doing.
Thank God I have had you guys on this forum, I love ya all. 4 days out going home tomorrow 217555 kiss
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 6:11 am

Visualise this Robyn.....

next Monday ...... 4 days out going home tomorrow 878453 hehe (evil aren't I 4 days out going home tomorrow 557634 )

You are going to Rock girl...... 4 days out going home tomorrow 314541 you are a strong, intelligent & classy lady and we are all going to be by your side on the day and every day afterwards.......

Its going to be great !

I so cant wait til you get up my way.......the latte is my shout and perhaps we can share a healthy entree !

Love
Bella :))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

4 days out going home tomorrow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next