AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help Empty
PostSubject: Re: God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help   God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 10:09 am

Hi,
Yep we all go through it but honest it goes fast LOL
I fell in love with Tuna Mornay on my mushy stage because I could make it as thin as I like and didn't have to vitamize it. Great source of protein as well.
Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
vogue
vogue

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-01-01

PostSubject: Re: God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help   God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 8:07 am

Thank you all so much for the polite kick up the arse & telling me to stop being a sooky lala!

Im just having a bit of a flat day & cant believe that all I can think of at the moment is food, food, food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im never normally so obsessed with food- God, it goes to show pre-sleeve just how much of a hold food had on me God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help 878453
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help   God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 7:37 am

Hi Vogue,

The liquid stage will be over before you know it, even though it doesn't seem like that now. I think I was really sick of sweet foods. There are lots of sweet stuff like yoghurt, custard, ice blocks etc but not a lot of savory things other than soup.

So toughen up princess (in the nicest possible voice) and stop sooking. You'll be eating toast soon enough.

God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help 217555 God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help 217555 God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help 217555 God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help 217555 God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help 217555 God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help 217555
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help   God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 7:08 am

Hiya...yeah it does seem to suck but as the other girls have said its only a short time...before you know it you will be chomping down on a huge steak....lol

Things I tried in the mushie stage...hmmmmm There was those little nestle mousse's, custard, ice blocks, cruskits towards the later stages of the mushies with curried egg

I would be a bit scared to try pasta or anything heavy...remember the hurt...lol
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help   God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 5:46 am

I was on soup and yoghurt for 4 weeks post-op Boggled

I was over it by half way through the fourth week, gave in and started on my soft drink 4 days early. I had no problems with the mushie stage.

Hang in there, and remember its only for a short while. God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help 217555
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help   God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 3:19 am

Hey, Vogue
Yep, we've all had to go through it, and it's not pleasant, but it's only for a little while and then you'll be doing okay.
For the texture, I recommend chomping on ice blocks - you get the crunch factor as well as the liquid in, and you can put it back in the freezer in between bites.
Probably not a good idea to go for the noodles yet, though.
And I think you're just going to grin and bear it for the mushy stage - another necessity and something you knew you'd have to do.
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
vogue
vogue

Female

PostSubject: Re: God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help   God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 10:15 pm

Caz wrote:
It is hard - but keep it up!!! Remember most of us had a week or two off work, so we had yummy food in our faces too. The time does pass quickly (well from this side it seems like it passed quickly - LOL - probably not the case from your side).

Just remember - "This too will pass".

Thanks Caz, can I have maybe a chicken noodle soup in a cup or do you have to stay off anything other than liquid stuff?

I do tend to have a huge problem with vitamised food, it reminds me of old people in a nursing home- dumb I know but I have a real block around blending bolognaise & stuff into a liquid Boggled
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help   God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 10:11 pm

It is hard - but keep it up!!! Remember most of us had a week or two off work, so we had yummy food in our faces too. The time does pass quickly (well from this side it seems like it passed quickly - LOL - probably not the case from your side).

Just remember - "This too will pass".
Back to top Go down
vogue
vogue

Female

PostSubject: God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help   God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 9:34 pm

Doesnt this sound pathetic but Im already so over bloody soup & yogurt! I think it doesnt help that I work from home so I walk past the kitchen allday so food seems to be in my face.. Im not overly hunger to be honest but Im misssing nice tastes and probably in particular texture..

I guess you just have to go through it but It seems so weird that apart from I know I get fuller much quicker I dont feel like my stomach needs liquids... The brain works in mysterious ways.
Hurry along 2 weeks- I look forward to mashed potato at least ..

If any one has any suggestions Id love to hear them? kiss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help   God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help Empty

Back to top Go down

God Im over soup & yogurt already & only 2 days home! help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: