Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
horseapplerancher
horseapplerancher

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-20

4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Feb 2009, 6:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

hello everyone I am 4 days out all is good. I will be home tomorrow. the hotel pc does not have a sleevers monthly so I must post here until tomorrow. It is good now but during the surgery I was bleeding more than usual so I stayed in th OR two more hours. Then my legs started this horrible cramping it was terrible but all in all my drain came out today and I am as happy as I can be. I feel like I could eat but of course I know I cant is that normal????? thanks everyone
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 6:11 am

Visualise this Robyn.....

next Monday ...... 4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 878453 hehe (evil aren't I 4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 557634 )

You are going to Rock girl...... 4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 314541 you are a strong, intelligent & classy lady and we are all going to be by your side on the day and every day afterwards.......

Its going to be great !

I so cant wait til you get up my way.......the latte is my shout and perhaps we can share a healthy entree !

Love
Bella :))
Back to top Go down
Robyn
Part of the furniture
Robyn

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 5:35 am

Welcome back HAR
Glad your OK.
Bella, you crack me up, great visualization though. lol.
Robyn
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 4:10 am

Hiya HAR

So glad to hear you came through relatively unscathed ! Do you know why your legs were cramping ?

I suffer severe restless leg syndrome & cautiously asked my surgeon if they would start cramping and kicking about on the op table.............he politely held his laughter in check and said no I would be virtually paralysed.........whew ! you can imagine what my head was visuallising -lol

I hope you are home sweet home soon and recovering well.

Hugs
Bella :))
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Feb 2009, 9:44 pm

welcome out HAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 446871 4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 217555 4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 65317

Great to hear that apart from a few hiccups you are now on the looser's side.

I hear where you are coming from with wanting to eat - I was the same, and felt HUNGRY!!! Having said that, for the first week post op, it didn't take much to make me feel non-hungry for a while. Week 2, I felt ravenous - couldn't wait the 2-3 hours between intakes without it nearly killing me... but in hindsight, probably my body's response to surgery / decreased calories (I have GREAT survival mechanisms!). Yes, there was a little head hunger, but I also felt "body hunger" as well.

Finally day 12, and the hunger has pretty much gone... perhaps because I can now fit a little bit in more (rather than 40mls of puree) and my body / stomach is more satisfied with what I am eating?

I am still looking forward to going "omg, 5 hours and I probably should eat something" LOL.
Sophia
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Feb 2009, 9:35 pm

Hi HAR,

I am glad you are OK.
I had no desire to eat after surgery but that's not to say that what you have experienced is not normal.
Take care, rest up and travel home safely. Talk to you when you are back home.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Feb 2009, 8:58 pm

Hi HorseAppleRancher
I'm glad to hear that you came through the op okay. A few slight hiccoughs, by the sound of it, but essentially okay.
I'll be looking forward to hearing more from you as you go along.
You might well feel like you could eat - but wait until you try! LOL You'll soon change your mind.
It's a bit of a psychological challenge right now, but just stick to what you know is right, and remember that it's just a short time really, and then you'll be back to 'normal' food.
Best wishes
Chris
Back to top Go down
horseapplerancher
horseapplerancher

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Feb 2009, 6:05 pm

hello everyone I am 4 days out all is good. I will be home tomorrow. the hotel pc does not have a sleevers monthly so I must post here until tomorrow. It is good now but during the surgery I was bleeding more than usual so I stayed in th OR two more hours. Then my legs started this horrible cramping it was terrible but all in all my drain came out today and I am as happy as I can be. I feel like I could eat but of course I know I cant is that normal????? thanks everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 days out going home tomorrow   4 days out going home tomorrow - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

4 days out going home tomorrow
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2