Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
juls77
juls77

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-07-03

GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 2:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello all,

How many of you have made it to your goal weight?

Yours or surgeons?

I hope to go from 101kg to 60kg - upper end of healthy bmi but my goal weight (BMI for me is between 48 -60kg)

Cheers

Juls
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySun 13 May 2012, 11:32 am

My surgeon says 65kg (bmi 28%), he said that 55kg would put me in the healthy bmi range. I also want to focus on measurements hip to waist ratio.

Health info says that it is important to remember that healthy bmi and hip to waist ratio are important.

"It's not only the amount of body fat you have, but also where in your body the fat is stored that impacts on your health. Adults who store most of their body fat around their waists have an increased risk of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke compared with those who have the same amount of body fat stored around their hips and thighs.

Measuring your waist-to-hip ratio is an easy way to see how much weight you are carrying around your abdomen as opposed to around your hips"

Your waist measurement alone can also be used as a guide to your risk of disease. For adult women, a waist measurement of 80 cm or more puts you at increased risk of weight-related health problems, and at 88 cm or more your risk is substantially increased. In adult men, 94 cm or more indicates increased risk; 102 cm or more substantially increased risk. (taken from http://www.mydr.com.au/tools/waist-to-hip-calculator )

My ideal weight is between 45-56kg. (from mydr.com.au). It also has BMI calculator too.

I also have some small goals for my journey. I have to enter them in my diary
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySun 13 May 2012, 10:01 am

Hi again juls77 replied via pm but thought I would share. Originally (i thought) my surgeons goal was 78 but I read it wrong it was "mid 70's" so I set it at 76. Got to that so have now set it for 72. Like Kate I am 179cm so that puts me at mid range healthy bmi. My biggest fear is regain so I aim to stay under 78 kgs for the rest of my life so to get too 72 gives me something to work with if I start to put weight back on.
Good luck for June
K
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySun 13 May 2012, 9:18 am

Mine. I've already exceeded my dr's goal, but I've only just entered healthy BMI territory. Got a few kgs to go yet.
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySun 13 May 2012, 9:01 am

My doctor says 65 which is still way too big for me as I'm knee high to a grasshopper. I say 55, that will give me a BMI of 23. My body may have other ideas though! When I was younger I hovered around 48kg for many, many years....then I married and blew out to double that (nearly).
Back to top Go down
YESDEAR

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Goal weight or surgons   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySun 13 May 2012, 8:03 am

Hi everyone ,
I was 165 kg at the start , my surgon said he would get me down to
100 kg , so now im at 87 and feeling great but there is still plenty
of flaby bits remaining , LOL LOL LOL , loose bits everywhere ,
But its still all good
Regards,
Gary.
Back to top Go down
kayt83
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySun 13 May 2012, 4:43 am

My surgeon never set me a goal as such, but when I saw him for my six month follow up I was at the top of my healthy weight range (74kg) and he said not to lose any more. I am now at 64-66kg and trying to maintain that weight.
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 11:44 pm

My initial goal was to reach 75kg and be able to maintain this weight. Changed this goal to 67-68kg. Now at 64kg and working hard at maintaining (in other words NOT losing any more! Lucky for cheezels and mm's!! LolWearing size 12 tops and size 10 jeans.

My doctor asked what my goal was but didn't actually set a goal weight.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 1:22 pm

My surgeon said 65kg but my body settled on around 59-60kg.

In the end YOU decide, or your body does! Although in my experience, the surgeon is always conservative in his or her estimates.
Back to top Go down
Kate + Mum (123katepink)
Part of the furniture
Kate + Mum (123katepink)

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 1:18 pm

My surgeon doest like to set goal weights, so I set my own. Im 5'11 (179cm) so 80kg is at the upper end of healthy weight range for me, im only 2kgs off the goal I set for myself, its only been 6 months so I think I'll aim for 75 and evaluate when I get there :)
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 8:27 am

When I got my band, my doc told me that I would not get below 85, I thought "pfft as if, I will get lower than that"... I made it to 63 ( too low for me at my age but anyway) I am currently sitting at 77.9 and want to get into the high sixties so I have those bounce numbers that are so important.

My doc just doesnt comment now about my weight goals coz he knows I am stubbourn enough to do as I bleeding well please!

I personally think that the docs take a conservative line of approach to the bottom weight so there is no dissapointment or panic on our behalf... me it made determined but others I know became complacent and settled into the comfort of the docs high number and some didnt get there and others were simply satisfied that it was enough and job done.
Back to top Go down
Tigga
Part of the furniture
Tigga

Female
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 7:52 am

I am hoping for 75, don't mind if I go lower but not overly worried. I am 50 now so I don't need to be a size 10. Just healthy
Back to top Go down
juls77
juls77

Female

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 6:27 am

I love all the replies and the hope it brings to me. Please keep them coming GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 542174

VAL, I noticed Dr Greenslade did your sleeve. Where / are you happy?? Did every thing go well for you?? I am being sleeved by him in June and just panicing abit...........

JULS
Back to top Go down
NiCole82
NiCole82

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2012-03-16

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 6:14 am

Mycurrent weight is 119, my surgeon said between 79-80 would be good. My goal is 65! I will be happy with 70 but this would still be around a size 14.
Back to top Go down
angelpenny
angelpenny

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 5:07 am

My start weight as 121kg, my dietician suggested stats would see me down to 86kgs (my surgeon doesn't set goals). I'm aiming to get to 65kg which will see me just inside my healthy BMI range and allow for a little regain as I think I will be happy with 70kg (based on previous weight loss).

Cheers
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 4:14 am

I'm hoping for mine, my Surgeon says 90kgs i'd like 80-85, my dietican said aim for the 85 the rest will go once i have corrective surgery to fix the loose and saggy bits.

smiles

Mandy
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 4:13 am

Hi Everyone

Starting Weight 106 Kgs - lost 23 kgs before Sleeving with Lap Band - 85kgs

I am 5ft 2 current weight 77.5 my goal weight is 68 kgs

GP said low 60's If I get to 68 I will be happy, dont want to look old and gaunt.

Good luck

Val
Back to top Go down
Look@MeNow
Look@MeNow

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 3:51 am

Definately mine. My weight at consultation was 86kg - I'm only 160cm, doc said 67kg goal. Way too high, given that in the past I was able to get down to 55kg once without the sleeve. However, my happy goal is 60kg as I think it is realistic and maintainable. In my dreams 55kgs.
Back to top Go down
juls77
juls77

Female

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 3:45 am

Thanks all for the replies everyone GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 120705

You all have lost an incredable amount of weight and should be so proud! I can only hope to achive what others on this forum have done.

Juls
Back to top Go down
steph11
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 3:42 am

Mine I think, although it feels a way off. My surgeon think around 70 kgs but for my height I shoul sit between 56 and 67 pr so, I am aiming for 60 kgs as I want to minimize any health risks, the whole reason I had the sleeve in the first place. I guess I will have too see what is possible and if my body wants to stay there so there is that to factor in also.

Goodluck everyone at least we are on our way to goal weights!
Steph
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 3:13 am

Hey juls,
I have a goal weight of 75kgs set by the surgeon. I am aiming for that tho he mentioned my ideal weight being 66kgs. Cant imagine getting down that low. I think I would look really gaunt, lost lots of weight off my face already. Also. I'm not interested in setting an more unrealistic or unhealthy(for my mind) goals, been there, done that and it was no fun at all.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 3:05 am

Mine.
Back to top Go down
Pan466

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-03-25

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 2:56 am

Hi Juls

At this moment I can't even really imagine getting down to a goal weight. Having failed with the numbers in the past, I don't want to tempt fate. So I am just aiming to stick to the program, not sabotage myself and hope that my body works it out for itself. And in doing that hoping that the body selects a good number!! :o))

Anne
Back to top Go down
juls77
juls77

Female

PostSubject: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 EmptySat 12 May 2012, 2:37 am

Hello all,

How many of you have made it to your goal weight?

Yours or surgeons?

I hope to go from 101kg to 60kg - upper end of healthy bmi but my goal weight (BMI for me is between 48 -60kg)

Cheers

Juls
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS   GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GOAL WEIGHT YOURS OR SURGEONS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2